***Official December 2022 Thread***

I have always wanted to do a dessert party, and we were looking at it for December. Are the ADR's for desert parties made differently than the restaurants? I geuss I assumed it would be the 60 days out.
Well it is supposed to be 60 days I believe but there have been reports of it being late or early and in some cases some weeks haven’t been loaded at all. I think some people have had more luck calling but in theory it should be bookable online at 60 days out

I have always wanted to do a dessert party, and we were looking at it for December. Are the ADR's for desert parties made differently than the restaurants? I geuss I assumed it would be the 60 days out.
Treats and seats opens at midnight (so 6 hours before all other ADRs); I booked the after dessert party at 5:30 am. So it varies. One week before your trip you will see cancellations.

The view from treats and seats is not great (see videos). I would recommend the after party. We checked in 25 mins before fireworks (had a great view) and then post fireworks rode a few Tomorrowland rides before entering the dessert buffet at 9:45 pm (area closes at 10 pm, so 1 hr from the start of fireworks). Everything was replenished except for chocolate covered strawberries (but we received the last 4 that were kept in the back).

Got the tickets for MVMCP this morning! Can't wait to see the treats list for the party! The last thing to do is to wait until October to make ADRs. I am a bit stressed about making ADR's this year. It will be the first time it has been in the 60 day window and I am so hoping to get into Storybook Dining!
I thought tickets don't go on sale till July 7th? I just checked and they are not available yet.

I am still appalled by the price of the MVMCP. $190.64!!! That is just crazy...no it's stupid.
My family did the party last year and we didn't think it was worth it then. I doubt it's worth it now at that price. It was still crowded even with less people and the parade was cancelled due to rain. The fireworks were cool but I don't think I would be willing to pay that much for fireworks and shorter lines (Mine Train and Peter Pan were the only 2 rides with a long wait regardless).

My trip this year is after the parties end so it doesn't matter to me anyway. In the future I probably will skip it if I ever decide to do December trips when they're happening.

I just went back and looked it up--in 2017 (last time we did it with the kids) it was $99 per adult and $94 per kid. That is an INSANE price hike for a 5 hour party.
It was even MORE expensive last year and the party was shorter (9 pm- 1 am). I think what gets me is that these parties are so expensive and yet the crowds are still insane. I want to do the Halloween one at Disneyland but I'm not sure I can justify that price if it's still going to be packed.

It was even MORE expensive last year and the party was shorter (9 pm- 1 am). I think what gets me is that these parties are so expensive and yet the crowds are still insane. I want to do the Halloween one at Disneyland but I'm not sure I can justify that price if it's still going to be packed.

Last year wasn't a party though. It was an After Hours event. Those typically have lesser crowds than the actual parties.

Oof, is that true? Because the after hours event was very crowded so I can't even imagine what the actual parties are like.
Folks on here have said that the AH events are less crowded. I have never been been to either type of event, so have no first-hand experience.

Folks on here have said that the AH events are less crowded. I have never been been to either type of event, so have no first-hand experience.
I've been to both, and parties have bigger crowds. They used to be fun, but they keep cutting things and shorting them and they are more crowded. I loved them when they first started, but can't justify it any longer.

Definitely a high pricetag, but it's on our bucket list, and with our son heading to college, this may be the last time we can all get together for a family trip to Disney. Of course, I am a sucker for anything Christmas, so they probably see me coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter