***Official December 2017 thread!

This trip can't get here fast enough. It will be the first trip my wife and I have taken to WDW without the kids, so I'm looking forward to a week without bags and strollers lol.

This will also be the first time going in December for us. Could anyone give me an idea of what the crowds should be like the week of Dec. 11-15? We typically go in late April/early May.

This trip can't get here fast enough. It will be the first trip my wife and I have taken to WDW without the kids, so I'm looking forward to a week without bags and strollers lol.

This will also be the first time going in December for us. Could anyone give me an idea of what the crowds should be like the week of Dec. 11-15? We typically go in late April/early May.

I'd love to know this too! We're there December 11-19. We've been in early December but never mid-December. :santa:

Today was FP day and I was able to get everything I wanted and was even able to modify a couple afterwards to get better times! And even had an awesome doctors appointment yesterday for my DS and his nose is healing AMAZINGLY and if you look at him you wouldn't even know it was broken! This has been a crazy up and down few weeks and I am ready for our vacation to begin!

I'd love to know this too! We're there December 11-19. We've been in early December but never mid-December. :santa:
Apparently it used to be fairly quiet but resorts have been booked up for a while which may or may not mean anything. For what it's worth, Christmas week has been wide open. Every day i see someone new saying this is their first December trip. ADRs were hard to get but mid December Was included in free dining. People have been commenting on crowd shifts this year where slower times have become busy and busy times have become slower. All this to say we may not know until it's here.

It used to be "slower" but in the past few years the secret of December got out, early in the month there is POP Warner but they aren't in the parks that much initially - I am 8-15 and expected to beat the holiday rush but almost every hotel is sold out those dates so it has me nervous crowds will be high. Last year I was there 13th to 19th and it was crazy my last 2 days - with a plan it was doable but I really wasn't expecting that - my last day we hit MK but the south america large groups were unbearable so we jumped on the monorail to Epcot and just relaxed with Margaritas

Booked my Caring For Giants tour today - decided to scrap the Epcot one as it was the morning after the MVMCP and more I thought about it more being AT Epcot by 8 am that next morning seemed rough. 45 days I cannot believe it is so close but seems so far away knowing all the work and life stress I have to get through before it is truly here

December 15-20!!

Our trip is not going to go off exactly as planned, because sadly, one group of family members can't make it, but I'm determined to carry on, despite missing them fiercely (it would've been their kids' first time!) All ADRs in place, Fast Passes secured and we are counting down!

Any thoughts on how crowded Raglan Road is for late nights? We'll land around 7:30pm on our arrival day and wanted to likely hit up DS. We don't want to make an ADR since there's always that chance of a delay.

Any thoughts on how crowded Raglan Road is for late nights? We'll land around 7:30pm on our arrival day and wanted to likely hit up DS. We don't want to make an ADR since there's always that chance of a delay.
Raglan has been a first night tradition for us. I think you may be ok depending on day of the week. If it is crowded, Cookes of Dublin has great food and the outside bar at Raglan has great seating!

Ok got almost everything planned out:
12/10 Arrival at POFQ then head straight to MVMCP :santa: with a BOG dinner at 6:30
12/11 AK rope drop to FoP (haven't been able to find a FP) lunch at Yak and Yeti
12/12 EPCOT with PPO Akershus and lunch at Teppan Edo, and can't wait to see CP
12/13 HS, fantasmic Mama Melrose's for lunch
12/14 MK We're having some portraits taken in the park for 8 then BOG for lunch and Crystal Palace for dinner
12/15 MK Keys to the Kingdom tour then Disney Springs for the evening where we'll end our night watching La Nouba
12/16 Universal Park Hopping and Blue Man Group in the evening
12/17 Back to Reality

Can't believe its almost here! I know its been looking like it'll be crowded, but the fast pass reservations were really easy to get, much easier then the ADRs. Obviously I'm still waiting to find FoP but I expected that, and that being said I did end up getting all of the ADRs that I wanted at exactly the times I wanted, just had to use touring plans and check back often! Here's hoping everyone's planning is going well, get excited!

42 days to go! Woo hoo! Staying at AKL for the first time. Cannot wait to see all of the Christmas decorations and go to MVMCP! :santa:
We will be there almost the same time and place! Have been many times but never AKL or at Christmas which is why we booked a quick trip. Counting the days!

This morning was my FP window. For the most part it went well. But there were a couple of hiccups. Does anyone know when Star Wars Dessert Party opens? It says 8:30 but I think it might be sooner. I have a fp at 655 and I think I should change that one.

Also couldn't get FOP when I wanted so chose ROL instead and hope to RD FOP.

It was a bit of a crap shoot! But I am done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter