***Official December 2017 thread!

We are going the same time as you. The waiting is the worst part! There is nothing I can do now until its time to pack!! (Except get all of my holiday shopping done and wrapped before then because we get home 12/23.)

I know!! We return 4 days before Christmas! I'm already determined to finish my shopping early!! I've already put things away at Walmart (thank you layaway!) and we usually put up our tree and decorate the house Thanksgiving weekend.

Hey at least that will hopefully make the time go faster before our trip!!! :hourglass

So my vacation starts December 1 and I just did online check in. It won’t let me specify requests. It just says “select” in the drop down with nothing to select. What is my best option for checking in and do I also have to call to request early check in? We will be at ASsp the night before checking into AKL and will probably head over to AKL for check in around 8am.

What is that??
Anyone else doing the Yuletide Fantasy tour on 14th? Those that have done it before know how long does this one takes? We have reservations for The Garden View Tea Room at 3:15pm, I wonder if it'll be possible to go back to ASMusic beforehand?

39 days to go till we leave
46 days till Disney

Paid in full my package today and it feels SO good!

BertDancing.gif

Hopefully Disney will get it taken care of quickly. Can't get the app to work either, so I thought I would check to see if it was just me. Could have had a much more relaxing morning getting the kids up and off to school (as if that is ever really relaxing) if I would have known the site was going to be down.

Sorry for all the people having FP booking issues today!

Question on booking tours, I decided for DH bday (3 days before we arrive) to book 2 tours, one in Epcot and one in AK for him/us - how far ahead should I book? I know that for AK I want to do caring for giants - which runs several times a day - so wasn't sure if I could book that day so I have a better grasp on start time or not? Epcot I think the undiscovered future world sounds interesting (any feedback would be appreciated) and as that only runs once a day and has to be our 6th day thought maybe I should just go ahead and book now.

TIA!

Sorry for all the people having FP booking issues today!

Question on booking tours, I decided for DH bday (3 days before we arrive) to book 2 tours, one in Epcot and one in AK for him/us - how far ahead should I book? I know that for AK I want to do caring for giants - which runs several times a day - so wasn't sure if I could book that day so I have a better grasp on start time or not? Epcot I think the undiscovered future world sounds interesting (any feedback would be appreciated) and as that only runs once a day and has to be our 6th day thought maybe I should just go ahead and book now.

TIA!
I would book as soon as possible, because you never know if that day and time will be popular. You can call to move it around later, too. We did Savor the Savannah in August, and we were the only family! I asked the tour CM's about how booked they get, and they said it is pretty random...some tours are full and some are not.

I would book as soon as possible, because you never know if that day and time will be popular. You can call to move it around later, too. We did Savor the Savannah in August, and we were the only family! I asked the tour CM's about how booked they get, and they said it is pretty random...some tours are full and some are not.
We did the Disney Family Magic Tour and were the only family (it was SO MUCH FUN), and also did Caring for Giants when it and all the tours that day were full (also REALLY AWESOME). As Euradius said, book now then move around later if you need to.

We did the Disney Family Magic Tour and were the only family (it was SO MUCH FUN), and also did Caring for Giants when it and all the tours that day were full (also REALLY AWESOME). As Euradius said, book now then move around later if you need to.
Would doing two tours in one day be too much? It is just me and DH so thought was Epcot for undiscovered tour and then once we were done head over to AK - that's where we have PM FP and do the Caring For Giants tour somewhere around 4ish before FP start - I could also do the AK tour another morning where we have no real plan aside from the shows in AK

Would doing two tours in one day be too much? It is just me and DH so thought was Epcot for undiscovered tour and then once we were done head over to AK - that's where we have PM FP and do the Caring For Giants tour somewhere around 4ish before FP start - I could also do the AK tour another morning where we have no real plan aside from the shows in AK
Very personally speaking, I wouldn't, just because that's packing a day really full, even for two grownups.

Very personally speaking, I wouldn't, just because that's packing a day really full, even for two grownups.
Yea the more I think of it, and know how my DH is with "wandering off plans" the AK one will be another day - that one is only an hour so easy enough to do beginning or end of last visit to AK - we have 3 visits set, the last being a freebie just to see anything we missed so prob the perfect day for the tour.

Yea the more I think of it, and know how my DH is with "wandering off plans" the AK one will be another day - that one is only an hour so easy enough to do beginning or end of last visit to AK - we have 3 visits set, the last being a freebie just to see anything we missed so prob the perfect day for the tour.
And that hour goes by FAST, too, let me tell ya. The CMs working it are SO knowledgeable, and hopefully you'll get the "Stella Show" we were fortunate enough to enjoy. She's the baby and was being SO SILLY that morning. :love:

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!!

Well that was a crazy FP+ morning. Sat there refreshing for hours until it was finally up. Feels great to be done planning! Here's how the trip looks now.

Arrival day - Possible Raglan Road dinner depending on how long it takes to get to the hotel.
Day 1 - Rope drop HS, ride all 4 rides and meet a few Star Wars characters, then park hop to AK. Afternoon Everest/Navi River/Safari FPs. We'll finish off with dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe then Illuminations.
Day 2 - PPO Garden Grill breakfast. Spaceship Earth/Mission Space/Frozen Ever After FPs. Lunch at Via Napoli and drinking around the world, then we'll park hop over to MK for the night to see HEA.
Day 3 - All day MK day. FPs for Space Mountain/Peter Pan/SDMT and BOG dinner at 5:25pm. Christmas party!
Day 4 - All day AK day. FPs for Safari/Everest/FOP with a Tiffins lunch ROL dining package and a Sanaa dinner at 5:00.
Day 5 - MK day 2. FPs for Splash/SDMT/BTMR, CRT lunch, and Ohana dinner. We may park hop in the afternoon but we're not sure. Our FPs are early so we'll see how the same day FPs look when we're done.

Overall very successful! Our two favorite parks are AK and MK so we concentrated most of our planning there. We enjoy HS but with so little open we decided to spend the least amount of time there and save it for our next trip with Toy Story and Star Wars lands both open.

we will arrive at the resort by 2 and check in and dd13 months will nap for a couple hours while we unpack. Hoping to leave resort by 4.
Should we go to Epcot that night and then the following day hang around the resort until 2ish, visit deluxe resorts To look at decorations and then head to Disney Springs or should we do Disney Springs the night we get there and then have all day at Epcot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!