OFFICIAL DEC 2018 PTR AND TR THREAD

Boat Guy we are hoping for the 1600 or 1800 loops. Will ask GUS for your luck this year to be more gooder this year than last, when I ask for us as well. I have wanted to do Disney for the Holidays ever since my first on property stay in 1988. Even though it was just MK and EPCOT in those days it still inspired me even though I suspected getting into a park might be difficult what took place in Ft W would make up for it.
Taking our two around in a basket on a bike. Now that would be an Adventure. Our Katie never met a morsel of food she didn't like. We are looking for a WIDE LOAD sign for her BUTT.

@boat guy, Christmas wishes to you and your wife on this upcoming trip and prayers for many more to come.
Stay safe and maybe walk the dog this time instead of bike :rolleyes1

Okay some simple pre trip checkups performed yesterday. Turned on propane heat and happily it worked fine, only problem was I forgot to purge the line by lighting the stove first and set off the CO monitor. Next was to hook up the built in vacuum and it works fine. Tomorrow we take advantage of our rewards at our local ACME market and will top off the tank. and likely check the pre packed clothing to make sure we are ready for a wide spectrum

I usually get all the Christmas stuff out of the attic the weekend after Thanksgiving but this year went camping at Paynes Prairie State Park. If you like to hike, this is a great park, they have the only wild Buffalo and wild horse herds in the state. We got to see the Buffalo, but the horses alluded us. I will be getting all the Christmas stuff down this weekend and begin sorting what I want to take with us. I has also been working on some goodies to pass out to fellow DIS and Disney Camper FB group members. We finally have some cool weather down here so it makes it much easier to get into the holiday spirit.

Did some more prep work yesterday. Organized our BAH HUMBUG stuff and have it ready to stow if the wind ever dies down and the rain ever stops. Divvied up the left over Lasagna from Sunday's dinner and packaged it into individual serving portions an have it in the freezer for trip down. Confirmed our reservations at out our 2 stops on the way down and showed Lucille the Google Satellite views of where plan to stop and get fuel

Does anyone know what day the Christmas Golf cart parade will be this year???
We are arriving 12/21 and leaving 12/26

Last night we were able to score a full hook up site for dec 28 to January 8!!!! We are so excited and can’t wait to celebrate New Years at fort wilderness!! This will be our first time at the fort to see Christmas’s decorations and to ring in the new year!

Good for you, cmullen! :cool1:

I've come twice in the last few years right after new years and the christmas decorations (both for the Fort and for the campers) start coming down pretty quickly after Jan 1. The Disney/Fort schedule (when decorations get taken down) varies from year to year (been there, seen it, reported it) so if you want to see decorations at the various resorts and for campers, do it in the earlier part of your stay.

We liked going to the other resorts (especially BeachClub and GrandFloridian) to see the Christmas decorations (GF has the gingerbread house in the lobby-you can smell it when you walk in) and BC has the train display with the Santa flavor.

Have a great time!

Bama Ed

Well with some unplanned turn of events the day before Thanksgiving, we are having to cancel our Dec. to the Fort. This was something that I was looking forward to, spending New Years at the Fort. Our next trip down is going to be the beginning of October 2019. We have not decided if we will be down before then or not, just depends on how this situation we are in turns out. (Nothing bad on our end just trying to help one of our kids out). I will be following along as usual.

Hope everyone has a safe trip and a magical pixiedust: vacation.

Vince so sorry to hear you will have to cancel Having been there for the the past 2 years I know how disappointed you are. Praying that whatever the circumstances are not too serious and resolved quickly.

Vince, so sorry to hear about your situation. Hope all goes well and things work out for all involved

Well with some unplanned turn of events the day before Thanksgiving, we are having to cancel our Dec. to the Fort. This was something that I was looking forward to, spending New Years at the Fort. Our next trip down is going to be the beginning of October 2019. We have not decided if we will be down before then or not, just depends on how this situation we are in turns out. (Nothing bad on our end just trying to help one of our kids out). I will be following along as usual.

Hope everyone has a safe trip and a magical pixiedust: vacation.

Hopefully things work out and you will get to slip in a trip before October. Wishing you and your family best wishes.

For those currently at the FORT There is a site in the 700 loop that has a spectacular display. Large scale replica castle and a wire and light Version of Cinderella's carriage. Can not confirm at this time but rumor I repeat rumor has it Santa makes appearances at the castles entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter