OFFICIAL DEC 2018 PTR AND TR THREAD

Another animal we have never seen before at the Fort, an Iguana.
View attachment 372367

Not happy about seeing an iguana in the trees at the Fort. They are all over the Keys.

Yes they're herbivores but they breed and have few predators to control their numbers.

Hope they "disappear".

Bama Ed

27 Dec Continued
Next up was Germany. Again missed the live entertainment but did spend a fair amount of time going thru their shops The Christmas decorations in particular. Liked a load of them but with our bunch (Dogs and the Cats) not really practical. Lucille did find some chocolate she wanted so that did come back with us. In Italy we catch La Befana tell her story. Worth the time . Enjoyable and informative. As the majority of what they sell in Italy is wine we passed on shopping. Ont the USA.
I love the American Experience. The Voices of Liberty were done for the evening as they were about to perform in the Candlelight Processional. We did a quick tour of the downstairs exhibits and when we started for the stairs we learned that the show had started 10 min earlier. I make it a point to see this show at least twice a trip. I have found that when I sit in the middle of the aisle I can read the names on THE WALL when they show it. Lucille doesn't understand why I cry when it comes on but one of the names is for Robert W Moinester who lived 4 doors away from growing up and walked me to kindergarten. The next show would start at our check in time at Chefs De France. We found a bench to sit for a bit where we could hear the choir' The crowds around the theater made getting closer out of the question.
Morocco and Japan had little to offer tonight so we headed to France.
We were seated just after checking in. Lucille did her Braised Beef again while I opted for the Escargot and Duck. The Duck was great, I totally recommend it. As Lucille's leg was bothering her we headed back and took the girls for one last walk before calling it a night.

Not happy about seeing an iguana in the trees at the Fort. They are all over the Keys.

Yes they're herbivores but they breed and have few predators to control their numbers.

Hope they "disappear".

Bama Ed

Totally agree, they are not native and have had devastating effects on the native butterfly populations. A lot of people do not understand the negative effects they have on our environment. Greg did report it to the Fort Critter control, not sure if they ever did anything or not.

Heading home after our longest stay ever at the Fort (6 nights) and one of our best trips.
We rented the pontoon yesterday and it was nice. It goes reeeeally slow but it was fun to see the hotels from a different vantage point. There is a lot of boat traffic on these lakes and it just felt that some of those little Mouse Raycers were getting too close to the larger boats and the ferry so they could go through the wake. Made me a little nervous.

On our way to Poly for a drink at Trader Sams, our boat captain had half of us take the resort launch while the boys took the MK boat plus boat to see who would get there quicker - MK boat / Poly boat won by about 10 minutes.

More observations:
- There’s an awful lot of waterfront between the Fort and the Lodge. I hope they don’t crowd the Fort too much but the plans seem to show that.
- There is a serious lack of Fort merchandise. They have a nice line by Pendleton but it’s not Fort branded.

I have an issue with posting photos so will try and get those up when I’m home.

Finally got pictures to download - here’s some in a random order I couldn’t fix.

I took this picture in the horse barn to remind us of the days when Magic Kingdom actually had shade.
FB45CF52-702C-4706-9DEE-C15753E4CD69.jpeg

The Christmas decorations at the FW stores were so cute. When we asked where we could find the camper ornaments, they told us to go to Hobby Lobby and “everything is much cheaper there too” LOL.
0F3F45BB-758F-4F7A-B619-33C4FFEC360F.jpeg

Our last night, we took the boat back from MK. He fireworks started as we left the dock and we had a perfect viewing as we crossed to the Fort. Perfect ending to our trip.
BE7BCC6B-7778-448E-9085-B41CD4A50EAE.jpeg

The pontoon was super relaxing.
61973CAC-F86F-4A34-99DB-3A7BAF4F2F2A.jpeg

In the 700 loop, we met the owner of the beautiful castle display. Says it took him 2 weeks and three trips with his flatbed. This carriage he got only a couple of years ago and it was used to transport luggage to rooms. I also saw a picture of it in the horse barn actually being used as Cinderella’s carriage. Whatever it was, he has a great piece of Disney history that he shares with all of us.
FA6685A0-0598-43D0-B508-31AAEF0F64A5.jpeg

This is our site in 2000. Very roomy, shady, near bus and bathroom. Probably my favorite 2000 site yet.
8F8A714A-6232-4449-9331-7C69C9405EEE.jpeg

The Christmas decorations at the FW stores were so cute. When we asked where we could find the camper ornaments, they told us to go to Hobby Lobby and “everything is much cheaper there too” LOL.
View attachment 373606

I have that same Camper yard decoration. I got my at Lowe's a few years back and added the truck (from Walmart) this year.
IMG_1514.jpg

28 Dec
Today was dedicated to resort touring. Our destinations for today were the Port Orleans Resorts and Old Key West. I haven't been to POR in years and then only for a dinner at BOATWRIGHT'S While I would love to go back for the Gumbo and Jambalaya with so much on the menu that contains things Lucille is allergic to I don't see it happening for a while. We opted to go the Boat route from Disney Springs. Once we got off the bus at DS we found out we were not close to the dock that the boats for POR leave from. As we had plenty of time, we opted to walk around DS and just see more of how it has changed over the last few years. The Newer high end shops, do not have a DISNEY FEEL to them, just my opinion. Lucille did find BASIN and restock on some of her favorites. we found were close to the start of the CHRISTMAS TREE TRAIL. This ended up being one of the high points of our day. Each tree is dedicated to a specific Movie or Park Most are really unique I was disappointed I only had my phone to use as a camera.
Exiting we found our way to the dock and after a longer than anticipated wait we boarded a boat for PO RIVERSIDE. I will say this resort has a nice feel and the theming around the pool has distinct appeal. We hit their snack bar as we were both hungry and best I can say is, the Pizza here is no better or worse than at P&J's. Back on the boat to go to Old Key West. I had been advised that the boats did a loop of both the Port Orleans resorts and Old Key West. Not the case have to go back to DS and transfer to another boat. Upon arriving at DS we learn we need to go to the Landings Dock to get to OKW so onto the line for a launch to there we go. There must have been some sort of problem as the boats making that route are not running and no one knows why. Finally after like an hour they start back up and 30min. later we off to the Landings dock. Happily the boat there is headed for OKW and we jump right on. When we dock at OKW it just in time for ADR at OLIVIA's. This is a restaurant for both of us. Lucille had the Caprese Salad and Sothermost Buttermilk Chicken while I opted for the Crab cake and Cayo Hueso Shrimp Pasta. We both enjoyed them. Definitely on the go back back list but next time we take a bus for easier transport. After the earlier problems with the boats we took a the bus back to DS and then back to Ft W and the Girls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!