***Official August 2022 Thread***

I can hardly believe it's finally here - we fly tomorrow! After one cancelled runDisney trip, and this trip being moved from August last year to March this year then August because of travel and COVID restrictions, from a group of 4 to just 2, with all the chaos in the UK with airlines and airports, I didn't ever think the day would come :D

I hope the crowds have lessened somewhat, I can figure out Genie+ and secure ILL for RoTR for our 3 HS days.
We ’learned’ Genie plus the first day. We were able to book RoTR at 7am sharp. The only HS ride the ‘sold out’ quickly in the morning on Genie+ was Slinky Dog- but if you want to ride it, just walk over immediately at park opening at the wait isn’t terribly long. We did have WiFi issues, but figured out how to manage Disney’s horrible internet.

Have fun!

We ’learned’ Genie plus the first day. We were able to book RoTR at 7am sharp. The only HS ride the ‘sold out’ quickly in the morning on Genie+ was Slinky Dog- but if you want to ride it, just walk over immediately at park opening at the wait isn’t terribly long. We did have WiFi issues, but figured out how to manage Disney’s horrible internet.

Have fun!
What time did you get for RotR? Do you still have no idea what time you are going to get until the process is done?

Yak and Yeti is one of our faves. Do you have the Landry’s card? It costs $25 but you get a $25 welcome bonus to use at your meal. You get free priority seating so no need for a reservation. And they give you an extra $25 birthday bonus every year for the rest of your life. Paid itself off over and over again.

Also, I just picked up 20% off Landrys egift cards from Costco.com. They sell $100 egift cards for $80. They don’t expire and can be used in conjunction with any discounts and welcome/birthday bonuses.

Perfect for my dinner at Yak & Yeti on Monday!

What time did you get for RotR? Do you still have no idea what time you are going to get until the process is done?
The first time, we got a 1:15-2:15time, which was intentional because we had a lunch reservation at 12 and we went afterward. There were some earlier options to try for. We are not sitting there waiting for the clock to roll to 7. We are more casual, keep an eye out for 7am people.

The second time, HS was our evening park hopper day and we went after dinner. We had no problem getting evening times in the 7-8 slot. We made those reservations in the afternoon, along with Toy Story and MMRR.

The times may have changed slightly, but not significantly. Maybe 5-15 minutes. We didn’t dawdle though- we pushed through the booking process in a few seconds.

The first time, we got a 1:15-2:15time, which was intentional because we had a lunch reservation at 12 and we went afterward. There were some earlier options to try for.

The second time, HS was our evening park hopper day and we went after dinner. We had no problem getting evening times in the 7-8 slot. We made those reservations in the afternoon, along with Toy Story and MMRR.

The times may have changed slightly, but not significantly. Maybe 5-15 minutes. We didn’t dawdle though- we pushed through the booking process in a few seconds.
I didn't realize you could book it if you were park hopping, I thought you had to have a park reservation to book. That opens up more options for us. What time in the afternoon were you able to book?

I didn't realize you could book it if you were park hopping, I thought you had to have a park reservation to book. That opens up more options for us.
I think you can only do 2 $ILL per day. But yes, we did Guardians AND ROTR in the same day. Both $ILL

When you are in Genie- at the top, select “change park”. You will see the options elsewhere.

We leave a week from tomorrow!

I will pack for myself this weekend and the kids mid next week! I’m getting really excited!

However I scored a BBB reservation for the end of my trip but my older daughter has no dresses that fit so I placed a rush order let’s see if they arrive in time!!!

Single digits as of today! I arrive on the 21st and am SO excited! I am winging things much more than I ever do...only 2 ADRs the whole trip and they are both for breakfast. Small plates at the lounges will be my friend. I have park ressies made but may see about switching things up a bit. Also going to MNSSHP on the 23rd and will be doing a casual Tinkerbell Disneybound. Think pale green tiered sundress, Tinkerbell necklace and my green and white D&B Tink crossbody.

Very excited for my first three nights in the new resort studios at the GF!

16 days to go! Have had some life stuff happen this past week that makes me even more thankful for this upcoming trip. Looking forward to watching the live coverage of MNSSHP tonight and doing some more trip planning. Packing will begin next weekend. :)

So excited to see the hours updated for the last week of August/first week of September. Now to see the characters at MNSSHP tonight to see if there are any new characters from prior years to meet. Time to work on finalizing our plans.

For my August friends, we were at Magic Kingdom today (arrived at 7:00am for 7:30am ETPE and 8:00am park opening) and it is the first Halloween party tonight. Park was amazing! LOW wait times - we got a great jump on the day by arriving early, and even though it was closed for reservations on the park reservation calendar (this had me worried), wait times were super. They let us in Tomorrowland a bit before 7:30am. We walked on almost everything. We were 9th and 10th in line for space mt then did buzz, 7DMT and Pooh by 8:30am. Party days are still great days to go to the MK!!!
ETA: we are not using Genie +

For my August friends, we were at Magic Kingdom today (arrived at 7:00am for 7:30am ETPE and 8:00am park opening) and it is the first Halloween party tonight. Park was amazing! LOW wait times - we got a great jump on the day by arriving early, and even though it was closed for reservations on the park reservation calendar (this had me worried), wait times were super. They let us in Tomorrowland a bit before 7:30am. We walked on almost everything. We were 9th and 10th in line for space mt then did buzz, 7DMT and Pooh by 8:30am. Party days are still great days to go to the MK!!!
This is so great to hear! I've been watching MDE and the wait times looked really good, but I trust on-the-ground reports so much more. Glad you had a magical day!

Good to know, our first MK day is next Fri, and as we will be jet lagged and not at the party, the short day seems ideal to us! Glad to hear it's been quiet.

That's great to know! We plan to do MK on our party day as well (8/30) - can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter