***Official August 2022 Thread***

JK World

Mouseketeer
I've never started one of these, but didn't see one yet so here we go!

Welcome to the August 2022 planning thread. This is a place to discuss our plans, share tips and information, and obsess over every little Disney details that our friends and families are tired of hearing about, lol!

Share your trip dates for August 2022 and where you will be staying to be added to the list below. I'll be sure to update at least once a week!

7/31-8/7 Jambo House figmentfinesse
8/2-8/16 Pop Century MarkleB
8/3-8/9 Boardwalk Villas Toolulu22
8/5-8/13 Port Orleans Revierside OurLaughingPlace
8/6-8/13 Art of Animation LeeLee's Mom
8/7-8/12 Riviera figmentfinesse
8/7-8/13 Home2 (Flamingo Crossing) stitchfan75
8/7-8/14 Beach Club dawz1026
8/8-8/12 Contemporary DMLAINI
8/10-8/20 Wilderness Lodge Mle8308
8/11-8/20 Caribbean Beach/Dolphin Canadisney Fly
8/12-8/15 All Star Sports DMLAINI
8/13-8/15 Beach Club OurLaughingPlace
8/13-8/20 Boardwalk Villas The13thLetter
8/14-8/20 Beach Club AliceNDinah
8/15-8/20 Copper Creek Villas Wayland10
8/15-8/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge Honeypot
8/16-8/21 Wilderness Lodge dancemomnj
8/16-8/23 Old Key West Trinity88
8/16-8/27 Hard Rock Hotel/Westgate rcj2000
8/17-8/25 Polynesian Honeypot
8/17-8/24 Dolphin DrFacilier
8/18-9/1 Hyatt Grand Cypress itf
8/18-9/2 Pop Century AJ1983
8/20-8/22 Polynesian Wayland10
8/20-8/23 Royal Pacific Resort kittercats85
8/21-8/28 Pop Century cheshiregoofy22
8/21-8/24 Polynesian suse66
8/21-8/30 Caribbean Beach q2b
8/22-8/28 TBD Palaura
8/23-8/29 Art of Animation kittercats85
8/24-8/28 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo suse66
8/24-8/29 Copper Creek Villas/Polynesian Pills
8/24-9/4 Riviera b00kbug
8/25-8/28 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Princess Michele
8/25 -9/3 Polynesian Villas pic22
8/25-9/4 Boardwalk TheOneWithTheTriplets
8/28-9/4 Beach Club Villas Princess Michele
8/31-9/5 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kmedders

Last edited:
Hi there! We'll be staying at Pop Century 2-16 August. This is our rescheduled trip from April 2020, rebooking within a few weeks of the borders being open to the UK again. We've doubled our stay to make up for the lost two years.

In fact, we're turning it into a post-lockdown family reunion. My mom and sisters' families in the States will be spending a week there off-property, so we're really looking forward to it. I have two new nephews I haven't been able to meet since this all started!

Last edited:
I just booked our Aug 7-13 trip! This is our 4th time visiting so not doing the usual 10 day trip.
We are staying at one of the "Good Neighbor" offsite locations at Flamingo Crossing (Home2 by Hilton).
Now if I could just figure out why my tickets and dining cards aren't in my app.

I just booked our Aug 7-13 trip! This is our 4th time visiting so not doing the usual 10 day trip.
We are staying at one of the "Good Neighbor" offsite locations at Flamingo Crossing (Home2 by Hilton).
Now if I could just figure out why my tickets and dining cards aren't in my app.
Is this your first time off-site? We stayed onsite the first 3 trips, and last month we did off-site with a rental car which I actually loved. We are staying at a Universal resort in August to do our first visit to UOR, but will be doing Disney days too. It would feel strange to be in Orlando and not do Disney, and I'm really hoping the Guardians ride is open and Fantasmic is back up and running by this trip!

Is this your first time off-site? We stayed onsite the first 3 trips, and last month we did off-site with a rental car which I actually loved. We are staying at a Universal resort in August to do our first visit to UOR, but will be doing Disney days too. It would feel strange to be in Orlando and not do Disney, and I'm really hoping the Guardians ride is open and Fantasmic is back up and running by this trip!
We stayed off site for a band trip back in 2019 but our other trips have been on property.
We drive so I’m not to worried about transportation. It would be great if they have good shuttles.
I just could pass up having a kitchen and more space for less money.

:flower1:Hello fellow August-goers! I'm planning on taking my little boy on a mother/son trip, August 14-20. We'll be at the Beach Club, first time, whooohooo! We were at the Boardwalk last June, and before the trip was over, I was already missing the place, ha ha. I knew I had to get another trip underway!

:flower1:Hello fellow August-goers! I'm planning on taking my little boy on a mother/son trip, August 14-20. We'll be at the Beach Club, first time, whooohooo! We were at the Boardwalk last June, and before the trip was over, I was already missing the place, ha ha. I knew I had to get another trip underway!
All of our trips are mother/son trips, since it's just the 2 of us! How old is your son?

Hi all!

I am booked August 21-28 at Boulder Ridge Villas although I may try to switch up my resort at my 7 month window. This is a long awaited solo trip as my last few trips have been with one of my sons or my husband. Happy planning!

Hi Everyone!
Thank you JK World for starting this thread! My family and I are going to both Disney World and Universal from 8/16-8/27. We're staying off site this time. We're staying at the HRH then moving over to a timeshare, Westgate Town Center. This will be the first time we're staying offsite.

Happy Holidays Everyone! We are heading down to the Dolphin 8/17-8/24. Usually it is just me DW, DD10 and DD12 but this time we will be traveling with my brother's family of 4 with another brother's family of 5 arriving later in the week and my sister and brother in-law showing up at some point too. NOT planning for everyone lol.

Happy Holidays Everyone! We are heading down to the Dolphin 8/17-8/24. Usually it is just me DW, DD10 and DD12 but this time we will be traveling with my brother's family of 4 with another brother's family of 5 arriving later in the week and my sister and brother in-law showing up at some point too. NOT planning for everyone lol.
Wow, you will definitely have some stories to tell by the time this trip is over, lol!

We’re there 8/18 to 9/1 - staying off site at the Hyatt Grand Cypress. Will be a once in a long time visit from UK so trying to cram a lot in. Already got Drawn to Life tickets, Disney 14 day tickets and contemplating a day VIP group tour at universal.

Joining in for our annual Aug trip! Nothing booked until the school calendars are out. Planning on Aug 22-28th at the moment and will stay in the bubble. Not quite sure where-but I am so ready to sweat from the heat and worry about hurricanes with all of you!

So I decided to move our trip to spring break (August is just too hot for me) and we're going to do Universal only. But I'll keep the list updated still, since I'm on hear all the time anyways!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter