***Official August 2022 Thread***

A week from now I will be 3 margs in pool side!

This is my Husband and step son's first family vacation...ever!
To get them excited, we are watching a Disney movie and making dinner together every night until we get there. Here is what I have planned:

Tonight: Luca & stuffed shells
Tuesday: Toy Story & personal Pizzas
Wednesday: Guardians of the Galaxy & Leftovers + home made funnel cake
Thursday: Pirates of the Caribbean & smoked Turkey with all the fixins
Friday: Aladdin & Chicken shawarma sandwiches and hummus with pita chips
Saturday: Mulan & orange chicken W fried rice
Sunday: Coco & Leftovers with home made churros

Schedule
isn't set in stone. if anyone has better movie/food combos, Throw them my way!

To get them excited, we are watching a Disney movie and making dinner together every night until we get there. Here is what I have planned:

Schedule isn't set in stone. if anyone has better movie/food combos, Throw them my way!
Love this, and glad I'm not the only one.
Have already watched Avatar. (FOP will be beautiful...can't wait!)
In middle of The Force Awakens (I'm not a Star Wars fan so watch about 30 min each night)
Then...DD and I are going to watch Ratatouille.
We leave next weekend. Hard to focus at work. So excited!

In middle of The Force Awakens (I'm not a Star Wars fan so watch about 30 min each night)

I know what you mean! Currently surfing DIS instead of doing anything work related! I would love to incorporate Avatar but I'm not such if my 12 year old will like it

So hard to focus I keep reviewing the plans!

I told my husband next year 2 weeks!!!

Schedule isn't set in stone. if anyone has better movie/food combos, Throw them my way!

Love that, what a great idea!

Ok august friends…. Question.

We have 2 MK days (both party days). One we will arrive late and stay for the party, the other is arrive at open and leave before the party.

Originally I booked a capture your moment session at MK for the 2nd day (non party day). However I was lucky enough to get BBB that morning, and now I’m thinking BBB and capture your moment is a lot of time spent not doing rides and meet & greets. But also could be really fun to get the girls photos after BBB.

Any suggestions what would you do?!?!

Ok august friends…. Question.

We have 2 MK days (both party days). One we will arrive late and stay for the party, the other is arrive at open and leave before the party.

Originally I booked a capture your moment session at MK for the 2nd day (non party day). However I was lucky enough to get BBB that morning, and now I’m thinking BBB and capture your moment is a lot of time spent not doing rides and meet & greets. But also could be really fun to get the girls photos after BBB.

Any suggestions what would you do?!?!

What time are the appointments and on your other MK day, how late will you be arriving?

You'll be missing out on the prime early entry/park opening time, that's a tough call. If you could move up the photographer so you're freed up by 12p, at least that would give you 6 hours of park time.

You'll be missing out on the prime early entry/park opening time, that's a tough call. If you could move up the photographer so you're freed up by 12p, at least that would give you 6 hours of park time.
Agreed, but BBB is a priority for us, so we are stuck with that time. I’ll try to move it, but honestly I’m just happy I got it.

Ugh can not decide that to do.

I should mention, we are a family of 4, but my dad will be with us too, and we go often enough that I don’t feel any pressure to do it all…..but ugh no idea what the right call is.

Hi all!

We will be making our way down to WDW on Saturday. Originally we were going to drive halfway, get up early on Sunday, and head to WL for the pool until check-in and then go to MK at night.

The plan now is to drive the whole way on Saturday so we are in Orlando, and then be able to get to MK early (take a break mid day for pool and check in and return later). This will give us a few more hours of value on our ticket.

Where would you stay Saturday night? WL is booked and the only other on property hotels are really way too much for a split stay where we spend very little time awake exploring the hotel. Still, I want it to be really convenient so I can drop off our car at WL in the morning before taking the boat or bus to MK.

Would love any input or others’ experiences with nearby (affordable) hotels!

Hi all!

We will be making our way down to WDW on Saturday. Originally we were going to drive halfway, get up early on Sunday, and head to WL for the pool until check-in and then go to MK at night.

The plan now is to drive the whole way on Saturday so we are in Orlando, and then be able to get to MK early (take a break mid day for pool and check in and return later). This will give us a few more hours of value on our ticket.

Where would you stay Saturday night? WL is booked and the only other on property hotels are really way too much for a split stay where we spend very little time awake exploring the hotel. Still, I want it to be really convenient so I can drop off our car at WL in the morning before taking the boat or bus to MK.

Would love any input or others’ experiences with nearby (affordable) hotels!
The double tree at Disney springs has been reasonable for us and close by.

You guys, these MK party morning wait times are getting me so excited. We lined up both of our MK RD days with parties and I really hope these low waits hold through the end of the month. Eeeeeee!!!
Same!! Of course we have BBB during that time too but still should get plenty done

Same!! Of course we have BBB during that time too but still should get plenty done

You got 8:40 BBB, right? With a 7:30 entry, you can have a land or two knocked out by then, the way these waits are looking. RD Space and work your way counterclockwise, you can have the right half of the park done before you check in! 🤞 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter