***Official August 2022 Thread***

Anyone who order MB+ receive them yet? I scoped out the September 2022 thread and it looks like several of them have received them or received shipping notices, but I'm still here with an "in progress." I ordered via MDE on the day they came out, but I ordered the 50th partners statue version that apparently was subject to some issues. Could this be the reason for the delay? Has anyone there seen this version for sale at stores in-park? We don't leave for three weeks, but I am starting to get concerned.
We leave on the 21st and no signs of shipping yet and we also ordered one of the 50th partners statue version...still holding out hope we'll get them in time, or they'll hold them for us at the resort...

Well, I've got Covid with 16 days until we fly. I guess better now than in Animal Kingdom?

Kids had it in May, Hubby in June, and I'm fully isolating in the master suite. Crossing my fingers and toes that their recent infections are enough to keep me from sharing!
Speedy recovery!! My daughter had it 2 weeks ago I just kept say better now then in Disney!

We leave on the 21st and no signs of shipping yet and we also ordered one of the 50th partners statue version...still holding out hope we'll get them in time, or they'll hold them for us at the resort...
There’s a report that anything in the next 14 days will be at hotel check in. Emails to follow.

When they say crowds drop in August, they aren’t kidding! We did Epcot and went back to HS last night and both were as quiet as I’ve ever seen them.

We’re going to MK today, so maybe that will change, but its been nice to ride the rides.

My tips: you can check in to your dining reservation 20 min ahead of time on the app. Then they text you when you’re table is ready. This saves you from sitting at the restaurant and waiting.

If you ride one ride, make it Rise of the Resistance. Best experience ever. We enjoyed 50’s Dine-In at HS as well. Great food and service.

Try the waffle at the Belgium kiosk- with berries. Oh so good. I’ve had it twice so far, once for breakfast 🤣

Ugh I hope not, I’m outside of 14 days but we leave in less….

our trip starts this friday and i had been replying to my mb order email for a week asking for an update (it actually says to reply to the email for questions) and someone finally got back to me.

I’m sorry about the mishap with your order.

Your Magicbands will be available at the desk when you check-in.

i emailed back to confirm it will be our exact order. i assume it will be, but just wanted to double check. waiting their reply.

I got my email today saying they would be waiting for us at check-in, but mine were always going to the resort since they won't ship them to Canada.

Hi guys!! If anyone will be at any of the following resorts this month, can you please take a picture of the Recreation Calendar for me to post on the Monthly Recreation Calendar Thread, please? I also have a bunch of August calendars already, if anyone is interested! Have fun and thanks!!

• Art of Animation Resort
  • Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Hilton Head Island Resort
  • Old Key West Resort
  • Saratoga Springs Resort

Hi guys!! If anyone will be at any of the following resorts this month, can you please take a picture of the Recreation Calendar for me to post on the Monthly Recreation Calendar Thread, please? I also have a bunch of August calendars already, if anyone is interested! Have fun and thanks!!

• Art of Animation Resort
  • Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Hilton Head Island Resort
  • Old Key West Resort
  • Saratoga Springs Resort
I’ll be at HHI on the 22nd if no one sends it in before then!

Mine just switched this morning to "being fulfilled". Hope it ships today...we leave next Tuesday!
And today (Thursday) it says "shipped". Waiting for USPS tracking #, but honestly we leave Tuesday and doubt there is any way they arrive in the next 3 days. Saw some folks saying CMs telling them Disney automatically re-routed shipments within 2 weeks to the resort, but others say no. Guess we will wait and see!

When they say crowds drop in August, they aren’t kidding! We did Epcot and went back to HS last night and both were as quiet as I’ve ever seen them.

We’re going to MK today, so maybe that will change, but its been nice to ride the rides.

My tips: you can check in to your dining reservation 20 min ahead of time on the app. Then they text you when you’re table is ready. This saves you from sitting at the restaurant and waiting.

If you ride one ride, make it Rise of the Resistance. Best experience ever. We enjoyed 50’s Dine-In at HS as well. Great food and service.

Try the waffle at the Belgium kiosk- with berries. Oh so good. I’ve had it twice so far, once for breakfast 🤣
Hi, just wondering how MK was? We'll be there a week from today, can't wait!! Yes, I love Rise too, such a good ride.

And today (Thursday) it says "shipped". Waiting for USPS tracking #, but honestly we leave Tuesday and doubt there is any way they arrive in the next 3 days. Saw some folks saying CMs telling them Disney automatically re-routed shipments within 2 weeks to the resort, but others say no. Guess we will wait and see!
Same here. Ours "shipped" this morning and we fly down on Saturday. I'm preparing my calmest voice for the front desk CMs.

After my couple recent park day changes and lost dining reservations.. mouse dining alerts poped up twice today and I was able to secure a yak and yeti and a sci-fi dinner for my 2 switched days!!
Yak and Yeti is one of our faves. Do you have the Landry’s card? It costs $25 but you get a $25 welcome bonus to use at your meal. You get free priority seating so no need for a reservation. And they give you an extra $25 birthday bonus every year for the rest of your life. Paid itself off over and over again.

I can hardly believe it's finally here - we fly tomorrow! After one cancelled runDisney trip, and this trip being moved from August last year to March this year then August because of travel and COVID restrictions, from a group of 4 to just 2, with all the chaos in the UK with airlines and airports, I didn't ever think the day would come :D

I hope the crowds have lessened somewhat, I can figure out Genie+ and secure ILL for RoTR for our 3 HS days.

our trip starts this friday and i had been replying to my mb order email for a week asking for an update (it actually says to reply to the email for questions) and someone finally got back to me.

I’m sorry about the mishap with your order.

Your Magicbands will be available at the desk when you check-in.

i emailed back to confirm it will be our exact order. i assume it will be, but just wanted to double check. waiting their reply.
replying to myself. i got another email from them saying they are sorry again and that my order will be at front desk when we check in. stinks cause we are staying at dolphin first for a night so i may have to swing by beach club and grab them so i can charge and pair them first night.

Hi, just wondering how MK was? We'll be there a week from today, can't wait!! Yes, I love Rise too, such a good ride.
MK was a bit more crowded. We arrived by 10 am, 1 1/2 hours later than we could have and it was posted to be an “8” crowd level day. I don’t know about that, we still walked on Tomorrowland rides no problem. Pecos Bill lunch was easy to order and find a seat. Crowds still manageable by 2, but mornings are the time to go for sure. Note~Halloween decorations were going up on 8/10, which is too early for me but yea for those of you who are waiting for those parties!

I’ve read somewhere a reference to Florida in August as compared to surface of the sun hot. That was our MK day so be ready. I couldn’t wait to get back to the hotel pool. We had to work to stay hydrated on this trip and took 2-3 showers each per day to cool/rinse off. And yes, while some places were cool, we weren’t frozen out by A/C like I normally am. Prepare for the heat my friends.

As hot as it was during our trip, we lucked out with rain until Thursday 8/11. We were leaving Citiwalk and were hit with a sudden torrential downpour, accompanied by strong gusty winds. We brought, but never needed to use our rain gear (luckily we were in the walking tunnel to the parking garages at Universal when the rain hit). Bring the gear and be ready!

We experienced some glitches with rides breaking down (I’m talking about you Remy and you ROTR) and lack of housekeeping (IMO this should not be a thing for the prices we are paying) and everything being very expensive (didn’t come home with too many souvenirs this time), but on the bright side- cast members were super nice and accommodating for the most part. Enjoy your August trips. In the future we may choose a different month- but we had a nice relaxing vacation. If you are looking for a breakfast recommendation- I loved the French toast at Trattoria al Forno.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter