***Official August 2022 Thread***

I'll be there August 31 through September 5th, staying in a two bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We are DVC owners and are bringing our neighbors and their kids with us. Very excited - our kids are 8 and 10 and are best friends, so I think this will be a trip they will remember forever. We went 3 times in 2021 and our Thanksgiving trip was our most disappointing trip yet. Genie Plus and the crowds made it very difficult to enjoy the trip. So I plan on skipping out on Genie Plus this trip and only going to the parks two days.

Howdy neighbor! We'll be at the Beach Club Villas during these exact dates. Just can't even wait, I'm already counting down, ha ha.

We did APs this year so we are going next saturday (just me and the little man), in may (parents only) and then in august with all of us. So the waiting isnt that bad this time. Lol.

Just wanted to mention that we go pretty much the end of every august so if there are any august newbies with questions feel free to ask

Can't book yet, but more than likely doing Cooper Creek 8/24-29. I'll edit this to confirm when I can. Also an August vet (see the sig).

We are booked in for August after cancelling our trip next month. I'm sad we cancelled, however we upgraded our resort stays to deluxe so I am excited for that! I'm hoping to make good use out of the extended evening hours.

Aug 15-17 AKL and Aug 17-25 Poly

Hopefully we will survive the heat and humidity! (although we get hot and humid weather here too, but I am used to either swimming in my pool or hanging out in A/C, not cruising around outside all day 😄

Last edited:
Pretty close to buying tickets for our stay.

What is everyone elses plan? We are going to do 5 days at the parks - one at each with two days at magic kingdom. The other days will be pool/resort hopping to explore.

We are booked in for August after cancelling our trip next month. I'm sad we cancelled, however we upgraded our resort stays to deluxe so I am excited for that! I'm hoping to make good use out of the extended evening hours.

Aug 15-17 AKL and Aug 17-25 Poly

Hopefully we will survive the heat and humidity! (although we get hot and humid weather here too, but I am used to either swimming in my pool or hanging out in A/C, not cruising around outside all day 😄
We've never been in August so I am a little nervous about the heat! I already got cooling towels and planning to get a couple of UV umbrellas. I love the heat, but I'm more concerned with the kiddos.

We've never been in August so I am a little nervous about the heat! I already got cooling towels and planning to get a couple of UV umbrellas. I love the heat, but I'm more concerned with the kiddos.

I have never been in August either, but I figure we will just go at a slower pace, and take mid-day breaks (which is not our usual style). UV umbrellas are a good call! I find there is a certain heat/humidity point where the cooling towels feel worse for me rather than better, but that might just be a me thing. I have some, so I will certainly bring them. My kids will be 9 and 12, so they should be ok with letting us know how they are doing. But I will still plan for lots of water breaks and places with a/c to get some relief. How old are your kiddos?

It is HOT. Drink water, drink more water, and add some water or misting fans if you like them. We always plan pool time and we like to plan table service lunches rather than dinners to get out of the sun at the hottest times of the day. On the good side, it forces us to slow down and appreciate our resort and our pool!

how old are you kids?
I have never been in August either, but I figure we will just go at a slower pace, and take mid-day breaks (which is not our usual style). UV umbrellas are a good call! I find there is a certain heat/humidity point where the cooling towels feel worse for me rather than better, but that might just be a me thing. I have some, so I will certainly bring them. My kids will be 9 and 12, so they should be ok with letting us know how they are doing. But I will still plan for lots of water breaks and places with a/c to get some relief. How old are your kiddos?

DD is 7 and DS is 4!

We are planning on taking breaks if we happen to catch any of the days that have extended hours. And for sure going to do sit down lunches in AC and then do quick service for dinner. Got fans on my list to buy as well. And in Magic Kingdom I'll le them romp around Casey's splash area too!

I'd always rather be hot than cold, so this will be a big change from our January trips!

DD is 7 and DS is 4!

We are planning on taking breaks if we happen to catch any of the days that have extended hours. And for sure going to do sit down lunches in AC and then do quick service for dinner. Got fans on my list to buy as well. And in Magic Kingdom I'll le them romp around Casey's splash area too!

I'd always rather be hot than cold, so this will be a big change from our January trips!

Yes, that is our plan too! We were able to rent DVC points from a friend, so got a great deal for the Poly. Added the 2 days at AKL so by doing that, if things don't change for EEH we can get 2 nights at EP and 2 nights at MK. We will do the same thing for meals - table service lunch and quick service dinners.

I recommend for the fans to get the ones that mist. I find the feel a bit better in the hot weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter