***Official August 2022 Thread***

We're looking at 2 weeks at the end of August, offsite. We've done August before so we're used to the heat and like the lower crowds. We've got some veterans (11th trip for me for me, 9 for DW, 5 for DS18, 3 for DD9), but first time for DS3. It's always exciting when it's their first trip.

And yes, taking a long lunch in the AC during the hottest part of the day is a must.

DD is 7 and DS is 4!

We are planning on taking breaks if we happen to catch any of the days that have extended hours. And for sure going to do sit down lunches in AC and then do quick service for dinner. Got fans on my list to buy as well. And in Magic Kingdom I'll le them romp around Casey's splash area too!

I'd always rather be hot than cold, so this will be a big change from our January trips!

stroller fans, misting fans, water, shade, ac breaks, and swimming. also be prepared for rain (order ponchos ahead of time if possible).I know i must be making it sound so wonderful lol. Last few years we have lucked out with the weather. Minimal rain days, and on days it did rain it was only a little while and cooled down the temps significantly. Its a great time of year. Lower crowds, food and wine, halloween.

Be very, very careful in AK during the summer. There are a lot of places that are just walkways with no shade. Stay to the side, cut through stores, have plenty of water. Certain places in MK (near BOG) are similar and really in the sun at all times, as is the walkway between the front and back of Epcot.

Hey there we are currently booked for 8/13-20 at the Contemporary! Hoping we can pull it off, did the same week this past year at CBR and had a blast but decided we wanted a different style of hotel and decided to try out deluxe before the kids were considered "adults" price wise.
Utilizing dreams unlimited again! Our agent was a huge help last year and am sure will be again.

stroller fans, misting fans, water, shade, ac breaks, and swimming. also be prepared for rain (order ponchos ahead of time if possible).I know i must be making it sound so wonderful lol. Last few years we have lucked out with the weather. Minimal rain days, and on days it did rain it was only a little while and cooled down the temps significantly. Its a great time of year. Lower crowds, food and wine, halloween.

oh yea, I forgot I got a stroller fan! We are bringing out double stroller from home - it has a bench seat for my DD7. DH isn't super into bringing a stroller with the kids ages on this trip but I think DD7 is just on the cusp of not needing it - I just think its a tooooooon of walking. And we are usually rope drop to park close people.

So whats everyone plan for buying tickets/park passes? This is our first time back since all this went into place. We were there January 2020 ( just before the madness!) so I'm not sure if I need to be worried about park reservations filling up? I wanted to wait and see what days/parks have extended evening hours before I make reservations.

oh yea, I forgot I got a stroller fan! We are bringing out double stroller from home - it has a bench seat for my DD7. DH isn't super into bringing a stroller with the kids ages on this trip but I think DD7 is just on the cusp of not needing it - I just think its a tooooooon of walking. And we are usually rope drop to park close people.

i think bringing the stroller might be worth it if its not to much of annoyance to travel with. i know sometimes i wish i had a stroller for myself lol.

So whats everyone plan for buying tickets/park passes? This is our first time back since all this went into place. We were there January 2020 ( just before the madness!) so I'm not sure if I need to be worried about park reservations filling up? I wanted to wait and see what days/parks have extended evening hours before I make reservations.

i cant imagine any issues getting the park passes you want for august

i think bringing the stroller might be worth it if its not to much of annoyance to travel with. i know sometimes i wish i had a stroller for myself lol.

Absolutely!!!!

When we went last time we rented from Kingdom Strollers - but we did a WDW stay then got on DCL so bringing out own stroller was out. This way we can save a little money just taking ours. Maybe I'll make the kids push ME around! 🤭

Last August was empty- we had no trouble moving around reservations, but I’m worried about this too. I don’t think it’ll be a problem getting the reservations, or even moving them up to some point, but it adds a level of complexity I don’t like.
We’re planning on getting park hoppers for the first time so we can go to the park closest to our resort in the mornings, but I have a teen and an almost teen who might decide to sleep late and skip mornings. Do I play the odds and not get them hoppers? Make park reservations at our closest park on the assumption that they’ll want to come with us some mornings? If they don’t then we’ll be stuck going back to the morning park to tap them in before we go to our afternoon park. It’s a pain!

Last August was empty- we had no trouble moving around reservations, but I’m worried about this too. I don’t think it’ll be a problem getting the reservations, or even moving them up to some point, but it adds a level of complexity I don’t like.
We’re planning on getting park hoppers for the first time so we can go to the park closest to our resort in the mornings, but I have a teen and an almost teen who might decide to sleep late and skip mornings. Do I play the odds and not get them hoppers? Make park reservations at our closest park on the assumption that they’ll want to come with us some mornings? If they don’t then we’ll be stuck going back to the morning park to tap them in before we go to our afternoon park. It’s a pain!

we actually did the opposite last august when we stayed at yc, we started most mornings at the parks further away, came back to the hotel in the late afternoon/early evening for a little, then we hopped to the parks closest to us (epcot/hs). makes the trip home at the end of the night much easier.

also i wouldn't worry about the reservations at all. you will be able to change them morning of, even if its just for the late sleepers. if money is not a huge concern i would get everyone hoppers. hopping isnt until 2. will they sleep that late?

we actually did the opposite last august when we stayed at yc, we started most mornings at the parks further away, came back to the hotel in the late afternoon/early evening for a little, then we hopped to the parks closest to us (epcot/hs). makes the trip home at the end of the night much easier.

also i wouldn't worry about the reservations at all. you will be able to change them morning of, even if its just for the late sleepers. if money is not a huge concern i would get everyone hoppers. hopping isnt until 2. will they sleep that late?
Thank you! I’m hoping it won’t be an issue to change, even day of. We can spend the money, but I admit I’ll be annoyed if it’s wasted. As for sleeping- probably not until 2, but my teen can easily sleep until noon! We plan mornings in our close park for DH and I, then lunch back at the resort with sleepyheads, before going to our afternoon/ evening park.

Yea, the 60 days out for restaurant reservations makes things a little tricky. We are going as first time DVCers so we want to bounce around to a few different resorts for dinner - want to get to Sanaa for sure! And fingers grossed that Hoop De Doo opens back up!

I‘m so excited for summer vacation! It will be me, my husband and my 4 year old son. We are doing a split between Universal and Disney. 8/20-8/23 at Loews Royal Pacific Resort and 8/23-8/29 at Art of Animation :cool1:

Hey there we are currently booked for 8/13-20 at the Contemporary! Hoping we can pull it off, did the same week this past year at CBR and had a blast but decided we wanted a different style of hotel and decided to try out deluxe before the kids were considered "adults" price wise.
Utilizing dreams unlimited again! Our agent was a huge help last year and am sure will be again.
Ooooh, we're doing the same dates! Staying at the Beach Club Villas :) Tell me: how was this week last year? So excited to go back, am counting the days down, ha ha.

Ooooh, we're doing the same dates! Staying at the Beach Club Villas :) Tell me: how was this week last year? So excited to go back, am counting the days down, ha ha.

We were there last year at this time- it was EMPTY! I’m expecting it to be a bit more crowded this year if (hopefully) Delta or some other variant isn’t an issue.

It was pretty quiet all things considered. The big ticket rides (FOP, slinky) had waits in the 45 min range but most everything else was less than 20 mins during the week. It was hot but not as bad as I was anticipating....cooling towels kept us comfy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter