"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t find this in the search, but I’m wondering if we happen to be on site during a sold out party, do they ever have a no show factor and release tickets? Last minute trip and I haven’t been since so many changes at WDW, it overwhelming! Not sure I should do last minute anymore!
You have to go to a guest services the day of the party either at a park or at Disney Springs. We were able to buy a ticket day of at Disney Springs.

You have to go to a guest services the day of the party either at a park or at Disney Springs. We were able to buy a ticket day of at Disney Springs.
hey has anybody noticed that on most of the schedules have the last very merry Christmas time party being on 12/22/22, however, if you look at the park hours calendar/events for 12/23/22, the very merry Christmastime parade is at 3 pm and noon, then the very merry time fireworks are at 8:15 pm but there aren’t any actually very merry Christmastime parties/ticketed events for that date. I asked on the app and they told me that as llong as you are there on 12/23 with a park reservation to MK that day, you get to attend???? I feel like they are wrong. Does anybody know for sure if the parade and fireworks for MK a regular reservation will be very merry Christmastime on 12/23?

Would you cancel your reservation for 12/21 and make one on 12/23 instead in order to see very merry Christmastime for free? Keep in mind 12/21 the park has free extended hours 11 pm - 1 am

For clarification, did you add one person to your existing party group or, did you purchase tickets for your entire party that day?
hey has anybody noticed that on most of the schedules have the last very merry Christmas time party being on 12/22/22, however, if you look at the park hours calendar/events for 12/23/22, the very merry Christmastime parade is at 3 pm and noon, then the very merry time fireworks are at 8:15 pm but there aren’t any actually very merry Christmastime parties/ticketed events for that date. I asked on the app and they told me that as llong as you are there on 12/23 with a park reservation to MK that day, you get to attend???? I feel like they are wrong. Does anybody know for sure if the parade and fireworks for MK a regular reservation will be very merry Christmastime on 12/23?

Would you cancel your reservation for 12/21 and make one on 12/23 instead in order to see very merry Christmastime for free? Keep in mind 12/21 the park has free extended hours 11 pm - 1 am
Dec 23rd is not a party day. After the final party, the parade and fireworks in the MK change to the ones shown at the party for a few days but that is all. There are no cookies or hot chocolate or other party offerings, just the parade and fireworks. Disney has done this for many years.

If seeing the Christmas parade and fireworks is important to you, I’d make the switch, or hop over later if you have hoppers.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some wait times at the party for Space, HM, PP, JC, and 7DMT. Just a generalization. I don't want to waste paid LL on attractions that are short waits in the evening. (We are going to MK that day for early entry, and then returning to our resort for a nap.)
I read that wait times for these (except HM) were really short during MNSSHP!

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some wait times at the party for Space, HM, PP, JC, and 7DMT. Just a generalization. I don't want to waste paid LL on attractions that are short waits in the evening. (We are going to MK that day for early entry, and then returning to our resort for a nap.)
You can always monitor the wait times yourself in real time on party nights on the my Disney experience app. We are attending a party next week so I have been keeping an eye on them as well. I do notice that the waits have ranged greatly depending on if there were fireworks or a parade happening at that time.

Thrill data has an awesome page that shows the wait times for all the attractions during the party. You can look at each date but really, they all flow the same way each party (assuming good weather of course).

https://www.thrill-data.com/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/2022

Very interesting about being able to purchase genie+! If you can do that I assume you can buy 7DMT as well. I’d love to be able to do that on my party day because on my other days ILL goes to the other ILL rides which are much better lol (I’m doing 6 full days at Disney, 2 at Universal, and 1 sleep in/party day). I’m going on 12/11 and will try to remember to report. If possible I’ll buy both 7DMT and genie+ (depending on the price of genie+ that day). It would be nice to get Jingle Cruise in that day so I don’t have to worry about it the other days when I have multiple parks to worry about with rides I would like to repeat

We bought 7DMT ILL on our Halloween party day without a day reservation, so I'm assuming that works for 4:00-6:00 window on a Christmas party day too.

We didn't get G+ either day with the narrow use window, though it might be worth it for Jingle Cruise the way G+ is at AK for Safari, if nothing else.

Does anyone know if I can meet Mickey and Minnie in their holiday clothes during the day at MK, or do they only wear their holiday clothes during the party?

Does anyone know if I can meet Mickey and Minnie in their holiday clothes during the day at MK, or do they only wear their holiday clothes during the party?
Party only if you don’t have tickets Hollywood & vine they also are dressed up if you can get an adr

When do people typically start lining up to get in? Do they start letting people in right at 4 or a little earlier? If I am able to purchase genie+ and 7DMT I’d like to get in as many rides as possible in those 2 hours and so I’d like to be one of the first people in

When do people typically start lining up to get in? Do they start letting people in right at 4 or a little earlier? If I am able to purchase genie+ and 7DMT I’d like to get in as many rides as possible in those 2 hours and so I’d like to be one of the first people in
Officially 4pm, though in years' past I've been let in a little earlier (3:45?). Some of the entrance 'turnstiles' or whatever we call them these days will have a header saying "Special Event," usually towards the right hand side. Some people might line up 3:30 or sooner but you definitely don't need to.

You'll tap in. Then right after that there's cast members to give everyone in your party their wristband (don't just keep walking past them like we accidentally did!). The reason they have the entrance at the right for the party is once you cross under the railroad station and are in Town Square, cast members will be guiding you over to the right hand side to bypass Main Street towards Tomorrowland Terrace. It's in the bypass they'll offer you your commemorative ornament for the party.

They just want to streamline traffic between partygoers entering and day guests leaving. After the path spits you out between the Ice Cream Parlour and Tomorrowland Terrace, you're free to go wherever you like. ILL if you want, G+ if available, etc.. At 6pm the day guests get politely herded to the front and MDE stops showing the Standby wait times for rides. I'm assuming there's no G+ windows starting after 6pm either. Cookies, cocoa, cider won't start until 7pm, which is also when you'll start to see Standby times on MDE again and be able to buy party-exclusive merchandise.

Still, 4-7 is a decent window of time where you can squeeze in a number of rides, and then wait times can get even shorter during stage shows, parades, and fireworks.

Thought I'd share our party experience this past Sunday 11/27. We did purchase G+ without a day ticket as it was $17/pp. I'll provide the approximate times and when I strategically booked each LL. I found it a good add-on to get Peter Pan and Jingle Cruise done during the busy 4p-6p time slot. YMMV

3:15p – Got in line for the monorail at the Poly
4:00p – Received wristband and started into the park
4:05p – Enchanted Tiki Room (with spring rolls!)
4:20p – Country Bear Jamboree
4:45p – Peter Pan G+ (Pulled 2nd at 10:00am)
5:10p – Big Thunder Mountain RR (G+ pulled 3rd at 1:00p)
5:35p – Jingle Cruise (G+ pulled 1st at 7:30a to ensure a nighttime ride)
5:59p – Splash Mountain (G+ pulled 5th at 5:00p)
6:35p – Haunted Mansion (20 minute wait)
7:05p – Sleepy Hollow Snacks
7:25p – Cosmic Ray Snacks/Club Tinsel
7:50p – People Mover (10 minute wait)
8:20p – Space Mountain (35 minute wait)
9:00p – Tomorrowland Speedway (10 minute wait)
9:20p – Mickey's Philharmagic (10 minute wait)
9:45p – Found a spot in the Hub for fireworks
10:00p – Fireworks
10:30p – Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (10 minute wait)
11:00p – Parade in Frontierland (grabbed a spot right before it started)
11:30p – Mickey Tart at Aloha Isle
11:45p – People Mover (got to stay on for a second ride and was the last people off attraction!)

Only disappointment of the night was that PotC was closed all day even though I was able to pull a G+ at 4:30p (got a multi-experience pass but didn't have enough time to use it). Also, it was a bit overcast/foggy, so we didn't get the full effect on the more distant pyrotechnics of the fireworks show.

Thought I'd share our party experience this past Sunday 11/27. We did purchase G+ without a day ticket as it was $17/pp. I'll provide the approximate times and when I strategically booked each LL. I found it a good add-on to get Peter Pan and Jingle Cruise done during the busy 4p-6p time slot. YMMV

3:15p – Got in line for the monorail at the Poly
4:00p – Received wristband and started into the park
4:05p – Enchanted Tiki Room (with spring rolls!)
4:20p – Country Bear Jamboree
4:45p – Peter Pan G+ (Pulled 2nd at 10:00am)
5:10p – Big Thunder Mountain RR (G+ pulled 3rd at 1:00p)
5:35p – Jingle Cruise (G+ pulled 1st at 7:30a to ensure a nighttime ride)
5:59p – Splash Mountain (G+ pulled 5th at 5:00p)
6:35p – Haunted Mansion (20 minute wait)
7:05p – Sleepy Hollow Snacks
7:25p – Cosmic Ray Snacks/Club Tinsel
7:50p – People Mover (10 minute wait)
8:20p – Space Mountain (35 minute wait)
9:00p – Tomorrowland Speedway (10 minute wait)
9:20p – Mickey's Philharmagic (10 minute wait)
9:45p – Found a spot in the Hub for fireworks
10:00p – Fireworks
10:30p – Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (10 minute wait)
11:00p – Parade in Frontierland (grabbed a spot right before it started)
11:30p – Mickey Tart at Aloha Isle
11:45p – People Mover (got to stay on for a second ride and was the last people off attraction!)

Only disappointment of the night was that PotC was closed all day even though I was able to pull a G+ at 4:30p (got a multi-experience pass but didn't have enough time to use it). Also, it was a bit overcast/foggy, so we didn't get the full effect on the more distant pyrotechnics of the fireworks show.
Thank you for sharing. That is helpful in planning our trip next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter