"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me about transportation back to the resorts at the end of the party?
Specifically, looking for how to get back to Swan and Dolphin?

thanking in advance.
Swan & Dolphin buses are now at the Ticket & Transportation Center. I'm not sure where exactly. You can take the BW or BC/YC bus and walk from those resorts.

Can someone tell me about transportation back to the resorts at the end of the party?
Specifically, looking for how to get back to Swan and Dolphin?

thanking in advance.
As above, the S/D buses pick up at the TTC, at the charter bus station that's on the World Drive side of the TTC. As you get off the monorail, turn left; if you take the ferry across, keep walking straight across in front of the monorail stations.

Does the parade take the same route as MNSSHP? We got caught by the parade near Haunted Mansion when trying to leave and don’t want to repeat
I think the route is the same, BUT I think the Christmas parade is significantly shorter than the Halloween parade. Someone please correct me?

I'd love some advice from people who have done the TT dessert party and watched the first parade. Is this even possible? The parade starts at 8:30, but I'm guessing it won't get to the hub until around 9 which is when we are supposed to check in for the dessert party. Since we are really hoping to get a good spot for the parade, I'm wondering if we should just cancel the dessert party? Idk if my mom and niece will last much past the fireworks, or I'd just plan on the later parade.
Same question here.

For the people who have gone to the 2nd parade. How much time do you need to give to get a spot on Main Street for the second parade? My plan potentially is watch fireworks, make our way towards the castle for the stage show, then head down Main Street to find a spot for the parade.
I showed up 10 minutes before and had a spot in the second row on main street.

I did the dessert party for MNSSHP earlier this year. We checked in, got our wristbands, had some treats and drinks, then the rest of my family group ran off to Main St to watch the first parade. There were 6 of them. They left the dessert party about 15 min before the parade and got curbside seats on Main Street. I strolled over to the Plaza Garden reserved viewing area and watched the early parade from there. I could see and hear most of the parade really well. I could see all of the floats, of course, but only had a sketchy view of the ground walkers/dancers. I was one of about 5 people watching the parade from the Plaza Garden dessert party reserved viewing area. It was nice watching the parade with zero crowd. After the parade, the rest of my group left Main Street and popped back into the dessert party to grab some more treats to bring over for the fireworks.

Thank you for your reply. I don't think my mom is up to running off anywhere as she will be in a scooter and I need to stay with her because she tends to get lost in large crowds!

It sounds like with the seated TTDP, we would have to choose NOT to watch the first parade? I don't imaging the parade view is any good from the terrace?

Thank you for your reply. I don't think my mom is up to running off anywhere as she will be in a scooter and I need to stay with her because she tends to get lost in large crowds!

It sounds like with the seated TTDP, we would have to choose NOT to watch the first parade? I don't imaging the parade view is any good from the terrace?
Makes sense about your mom! And yes, I think you're right. If you're sitting at Tomorrowland Terrace at the Treats & Seats party, you'd probably be able to see the parade as it circles the hub in front of the castle, but at quite a distance. You could leave the party, go to Main St for the first parade (it's very close!) and then return to your dessert party (seated or Plaza Garden) for fireworks afterwards.

The parade... I've seen the Christmas parade 4 or 5 times and for me, it's all about the ground-walkers. The floats are good, but the Christmas parade ground-walker sections are my favorite things in any Disney parade. And I like the snow on Main Street.

Scooter note - the Plaza Garden Dessert Party fireworks viewing area has a dedicated section for ECV's that's really nice. You go to the Plaza Garden viewing area as you normally would. The CM's will see the ECV and will direct you to the scooter area. The scooters go through the garden, through a gate at the font, and basically park on the (roped off) sidewalk in front of the Plaza Garden. That sidewalk is fronted by another garden with a low wall, which means that no one can stand in front of the ECV user or block their view in any way. If you do the Plaza Garden party, your mom will have a stellar view and will be able to comfortably sit and chat with other ECV users and their families before the fireworks begin. The ECV user's family can stand there with them (you can sit on the low wall while waiting for fireworks to begin). Or, the ECV user's family can go stand/sit on the grass in the Plaza Garden grassy section. When the fireworks are over, the ECV user turns around and drives back into the Plaza Garden grassy area, then exits that way. Many dessert partiers choose to hang out in the Plaza Garden waiting for the crowds to disburse. If your mom is not super comfortable driving the ECV in crowds, she might want to do that.

Hope this helps. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Last edited:

I thought the point of this party is I didn't have to go line up for these things an hour before?

I was just gonna walk to the fireworks like 15 mins before they start. Same with the parade

Annoying. First time going. Still gonna have a blast though:fish:
For what it's worth - at Halloween party earlier this year, my family (6 people) went to Main Street 10 min before the first parade and got curbside seats - like literally sitting on the curb.

I am curious how to catch 1st parade with dessert party check in at 8:30 as well as parade. Do we watch parade and then check in, or check in and hope we get to Main Street for parade.
Or are we better off just catching 2nd parade. Decisions decisions

If anyone attempts both dessert party and 1st parade, please post your experience. :) TIA

I am curious how to catch 1st parade with dessert party check in at 8:30 as well as parade. Do we watch parade and then check in, or check in and hope we get to Main Street for parade.
Or are we better off just catching 2nd parade. Decisions decisions

If anyone attempts both dessert party and 1st parade, please post your experience. :) TIA
I am also interested to hear experiences. It's definitely tight. My older kids are thinking that they're going to attempt it but we're going to play it by ear. Our thoughts are.... typically, you can check in at dessert party 10 min early, so we'll do that. The parade starts in Frontierland and takes... about 15 min? to get to Main Street (I am completely guessing as to time). We're thinking that we'll have time to check in at the Dessert Party a bit early, get our wristbands and table, grab a treat or drink, run over to Main St to watch the parade, then return to the Dessert Party until fireworks at 10.

We did it for the Halloween party this year, but that party had a 30 min interval between Dessert Party check in and the start of the first parade. This is a bit different.

I am also interested to hear experiences. It's definitely tight. My older kids are thinking that they're going to attempt it but we're going to play it by ear. Our thoughts are.... typically, you can check in at dessert party 10 min early, so we'll do that. The parade starts in Frontierland and takes... about 15 min? to get to Main Street (I am completely guessing as to time). We're thinking that we'll have time to check in at the Dessert Party a bit early, get our wristbands and table, grab a treat or drink, run over to Main St to watch the parade, then return to the Dessert Party until fireworks at 10.

We did it for the Halloween party this year, but that party had a 30 min interval between Dessert Party check in and the start of the first parade. This is a bit different.
Is there a specific spot you aim for on Main Street? Or just go and grab what you can?
We'll attempt to check in early, but goodness, every dessert party we have attended has had a stand still line, I swear. We must hit it at a bad time.
I'd definitely prefer 1st parade, so we can hit rides the rest of the evening, but I also prefer ease to view fireworks in my garden. :)

Is there a specific spot you aim for on Main Street? Or just go and grab what you can?
We'll attempt to check in early, but goodness, every dessert party we have attended has had a stand still line, I swear. We must hit it at a bad time.
I'd definitely prefer 1st parade, so we can hit rides the rest of the evening, but I also prefer ease to view fireworks in my garden. :)
My grown kids have done this. They just head down the TT ramp, past the Plaza restaurant/yellow umbrella tables, and find a spot on the curb wherever they can right around the Plaza ice cream parlor area. Once the parade is over, they just head on back up to Tomorrowland Terrace. My last couple of dessert parties I was able to check in with zero line, definitely an improvement over parties in the past. I don't know if I just got lucky or what.

Makes sense about your mom! And yes, I think you're right. If you're sitting at Tomorrowland Terrace at the Treats & Seats party, you'd probably be able to see the parade as it circles the hub in front of the castle, but at quite a distance. You could leave the party, go to Main St for the first parade (it's very close!) and then return to your dessert party (seated or Plaza Garden) for fireworks afterwards.

The parade... I've seen the Christmas parade 4 or 5 times and for me, it's all about the ground-walkers. The floats are good, but the Christmas parade ground-walker sections are my favorite things in any Disney parade. And I like the snow on Main Street.

Scooter note - the Plaza Garden Dessert Party fireworks viewing area has a dedicated section for ECV's that's really nice. You go to the Plaza Garden viewing area as you normally would. The CM's will see the ECV and will direct you to the scooter area. The scooters go through the garden, through a gate at the font, and basically park on the (roped off) sidewalk in front of the Plaza Garden. That sidewalk is fronted by another garden with a low wall, which means that no one can stand in front of the ECV user or block their view in any way. If you do the Plaza Garden party, your mom will have a stellar view and will be able to comfortably sit and chat with other ECV users and their families before the fireworks begin. The ECV user's family can stand there with them (you can sit on the low wall while waiting for fireworks to begin). Or, the ECV user's family can go stand/sit on the grass in the Plaza Garden grassy section. When the fireworks are over, the ECV user turns around and drives back into the Plaza Garden grassy area, then exits that way. Many dessert partiers choose to hang out in the Plaza Garden waiting for the crowds to disburse. If your mom is not super comfortable driving the ECV in crowds, she might want to do that.

Hope this helps. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time!
i am so confused with all the different dessert parties. This is the one we have booked
MVMCP - Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
8:30 PM - Special
Is this the one you are referring to? I am debating canceling, but since we can’t get any reservations for the fireworks parties at EPCOT (I had budgeted for one dessert party) maybe I should keep it? I have 2 scooter people in my party.

i am so confused with all the different dessert parties. This is the one we have booked
MVMCP - Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
8:30 PM - Special
Is this the one you are referring to? I am debating canceling, but since we can’t get any reservations for the fireworks parties at EPCOT (I had budgeted for one dessert party) maybe I should keep it? I have 2 scooter people in my party.
I would keep it. The fireworks at Magic Kingdom are the best at Disney. The party you have is the one where you eat your desserts at Tomorrowland Terrace then move down to a reserved area in front of the castle. They have a special area for people in scooters reserved.

Has anyone seen a reserved section for scooters for the parade? I know when we went to MNSSHP there was always one. This would be not with the dessert party.

Has anyone seen a reserved section for scooters for the parade? I know when we went to MNSSHP there was always one. This would be not with the dessert party.
All Disney parades have a section reserved for scooters and wheelchairs. When we’ve used it it was across from The Hall if Presidents. There is a guide map at the park entrance that assists those with mobility devices.

Looks like that's it! All 2022 parties look like they've all sold out. Hopefully everybody got their tickets that wanted to go!

In case anyone is wondering what message this sends to Disney, the message is: You are still WAY undercharging for this event.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this go up $40-50 per ticket at least next year.

In case anyone is wondering what message this sends to Disney, the message is: You are still WAY undercharging for this event.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this go up $40-50 per ticket at least next year.
Glad we're going this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter