"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year will be my first opportunity to attend, but I'm very 50/50 here: I am totally onboard with the "you've gotta do it at least once" philosophy. But on the other hand, I've heard that it's so crowded you might only be able to do a couple of things with the time available.

This year will be my first opportunity to attend, but I'm very 50/50 here: I am totally onboard with the "you've gotta do it at least once" philosophy. But on the other hand, I've heard that it's so crowded you might only be able to do a couple of things with the time available.
We went 2x in 2019 and one night was VERY crowded early on. It got better the longer the night went.

There is no way to do everything.

Choose your highlights and focus on them with a good plan/strategy.

We are doing 2 parties again this year.

One will focus on Desert Party/Fireworks/Sanderson Sisters/Headless Horseman Parade/Rare Characters.

One will focus on rides and trick or treating.

You definitely can’t do everything in one party. I suggest making a must do list and then prioritize. For example, visiting characters can be very time consuming. Especially if those characters are in high demand.

Often they’ll open a queue before the party for high demand characters. It’s better to waste that time before a party waiting in queue, then during the party.

Same with eating. Eat before the party or after. We are local and have a car and would stop at a 24 hour restaurant on the way home.

My family did around 12 parties in 2019 thanks to the party pass. We had it down to a science. Will definitely miss the party pass, but thankful for those experiences of 2019!!

Hi there! Our trip falls in the split week between the end of Oct and First week in Nov 2022. The only dates we could do the MNSSHP are either Oct 30th or 31st (we do not want to attempt it on the 31st) Just wondering if the 30th will likely be just as crowded as actual Halloween night? Any others attended the night before Halloween? Just wondering if the 750$ price tag is going to be worth the expense or a waste of money due to extreme crowds. Thanks in advance!

I don't think anyone knows specifics but I'd venture to guess it will be pretty busy. I know Friday night parties are the busiest so the 30th being a Sunday, while I think it will still be really crowded, may not be as bad as the Friday night party on the 28th but as you get closer to Halloween, the parties progressively get more crowded so anything the week of Oct 24th will be pretty packed. We purposely avoid the late season parties to avoid packed parties.

Hi there! Our trip falls in the split week between the end of Oct and First week in Nov 2022. The only dates we could do the MNSSHP are either Oct 30th or 31st (we do not want to attempt it on the 31st) Just wondering if the 30th will likely be just as crowded as actual Halloween night? Any others attended the night before Halloween? Just wondering if the 750$ price tag is going to be worth the expense or a waste of money due to extreme crowds. Thanks in advance!
Your question has been merged with the Official party thread as this thread is filled with those who have experienced the party and can best answer your question.

Can anyone speak to whether someone's AP has to be active in order to get the AP discount?

I have an AP attached to my account, but it has not been activated yet. I was waiting till closer to our trip to activate it....didn't seem to make much sense to activate it several months before we were even going to be there.

I wasn't sure if simply having the AP attached would be enough to get the discount, or if it had to be active.
Activated.

Does anyone think the Friday, Sept 16 party will sell out? It's the only one we can attend.

Also, I'm wondering if they will offer that party to add on that was at Tony's Town Square, with preferred parade seating? Does anyone remember what that was called?

Does anyone think the Friday, Sept 16 party will sell out? It's the only one we can attend.

Also, I'm wondering if they will offer that party to add on that was at Tony's Town Square, with preferred parade seating? Does anyone remember what that was called?
I think they will all sell out eventually.
The 31st (Halloween) will sell out first. Strangely enough, In recent years, Tuesdays have begun to sell out first. Probably due to the fact that everyone is told that Tuesdays are the least crowded of all the nights, even thought that's not true.

The event at Tony's was called Cruella's Halloween Hide-a-Way. We did this in 2019 and really enjoyed it. We'd love to do it again, but haven't heard of any news that it's happening this year.....yet.

Any fresh updates from reliable sources on whether the reservations on 5/12 will be online or by phone? Also, what is the best guess as to the time the reservations will open?

We are hoping for October 31st! My son doesn’t care about meeting characters and will be more interested in some of the performances, rides, and trick or treating.

We are there the last week of October and the first week of November to see the change from Halloween to Christmas.

I think they will all sell out eventually.
The 31st (Halloween) will sell out first. Strangely enough, In recent years, Tuesdays have begun to sell out first. Probably due to the fact that everyone is told that Tuesdays are the least crowded of all the nights, even thought that's not true.

The event at Tony's was called Cruella's Halloween Hide-a-Way. We did this in 2019 and really enjoyed it. We'd love to do it again, but haven't heard of any news that it's happening this year.....yet.
Two questions for you. So what day of the week is least crowded?
And at Cruella's Hide-a-Way event was the food as bad as it usually is at Tony's?
Ty!

The only dates we could do the MNSSHP are either Oct 30th or 31st (we do not want to attempt it on the 31st) Just wondering if the 30th will likely be just as crowded as actual Halloween night?
IMHO, both those dates are likely to be sell out crowds. We've never had an official head count on a sold out party from Disney, but I think the same number of tickets are available for every party. So it's likely they'll be equally crowded, because they'll both be at 100% capacity.

Joining in on the fun! After a lot of debate we're going to go to 2 parties this year - a Friday and a Sunday. I'm wicked curious to see the early reports. Crossing my fingers that the fire breathing dragon joins the parade and that my classic caramel filled Mickey pretzel comes back!

Two questions for you. So what day of the week is least crowded?
And at Cruella's Hide-a-Way event was the food as bad as it usually is at Tony's?
Sunday is usually the least crowded. In fact, I think last year's Boo Bash had 2 Sunday days in September that were not sold out. Tuesdays. Thursdays, Fridays, they're all the same crowd wise.

Cruella's food was ok. Nothing special at all. I'm not sure if it's the exact same food from Tony's menu, but it came from the same kitchen. It was basically finger food (like meatball skewers, flatbread pizza, fried mozz, etc.). Also meats, cheeses, salads, fruits, and veggies, desserts, and all you care to drink Coke products, beer, and wine.
It was a great place to cool off from the heat. It had a bathroom for Cruella's guests only, which was clean and quiet. The reserved parade viewing was great. IMHO, Cruella is what made the event special. She was funny, entertaining, and made it a good time.

Decided to sneak in a quick trip for my birthday in September! This will be our first MNSSHP, so I am very excited! Since this is our first (and likely only) trip during the Halloween Party, we will probably strategize like we do for MVMCP. ...typically we hit a few snack spots (so, this will be replaced with trick-or-treating), do two or three rare character meets, catch the parade and fireworks, then spend the rest of the time taking advantage of low wait times for our favorite rides.

Super excited!

Thank you for this thread!!

So I'm envisioning that I can go to the stage and watch Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular and then turn around and stay in the same spot for the second parade viewing. Is this a reasonable strategy or will it not work? Will the area in front of the stage be too crowded?

Also, what area gets roped off for people who are doing the Cruella party inside the party? Is it the hub next to the Walt and Mickey statue or could that be a potential place to stand to see both the stage show and the parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter