"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family had gone to the party last night and it was honestly incredible! There were 10 of us altogether, including my brothers friend who just so randomly had booked a trip at this time before we booked ours. He’s an annual pass holder and comes pretty frequently. The makeup of the 10 was 8 adults and 2 children. We left our house this morning at 6am, was on a flight by 8:45am, and then arrived at around 12pm. But this is the breakdown of how our party went!

We got to MK around 5 and while they only had one line for security, it went by quickly. The stuff in the bypass had been moved because of the recent rain. All of the ride lines were pretty short. We did Haunted Mansion and Buzz before 7, also stopping to take some pictures along the way. After 7, some of us went to Space Mountain while others did the Monsters Inc. Dance Party which was such a good time. Space Mountain was definitely the highlight. It was so fun in the dark!

We did the treat trail at Carousel of Progress and hopped on the Peoplemover before going to Laugh Floor. My sister and I broke away to get the strawberry lemonade slush at Cosmic Ray’s while others got some ice cream and went on Tomorrowland Speedway. It was then that we decided we would do the 11:15 parade and made our way to the Teacups. Everyone had so much fun and the line was like nonexistent on it. Next 7 Dwarfs only had a 30min wait posted so we got in line for that, everyone but my mom who doesn’t do roller coasters. She actually went around and did more treat trails and was honestly pleasantly surprised at how much candy they were handing out. Everyone loved the roller coaster and the 3-year-old fell asleep shortly after.

By this point it was almost 10:15 so we made our way to see the fireworks and got a place in the small section that’s taped off on the walkway in front of the Plaza Restaurant. The show was great and when it was over, the 4 boys ran over to do Space Mountain again that was posted at a 0 or 5 minute wait. It just so happened that when they got off, the cast member asked if they wanted to go again and took them around the back so they could get right back on!

The rest of us went shopping in the Emporium and all of the merch was pretty full and stocked. We had no trouble or line to get our items. We then found a spot for the 11:15 parade, around the same area where we watched the fireworks only this time by the curb, and that was where Powerline Max made his appearance. I thought he showed up further down Main Street so I was pleasantly surprised. The parade was great but the children were knocked out by then. I sat down with the 6-year-old on one of the benches while he slept so he could be comfortable.

After that, we stuck around a little while the crowds thinned out and my brother and his friend watched the midnight Hocus Pocus show. We were on the benches nearby and so we did see some of it. My nephew woke up by then so he was able to watch the end of the parade and see the part of the show with Oogie Boogie. At the end of the night, we were back in our room by 1am, I think.

In the end, everyone had a great time! It was a sold out night and while you could see that there were a lot of people, it never felt super crowded. The ride lines were manageable for most of the night and the treat trails went quickly as well. It was a great night and we’d gladly do it again!
We're planning a very similar flight/party date for 2023. Do you mind sharing what the next day looked like for you? We're planning on doing a park knowing that we may have to do a midday break at the resort to allow everyone to recharge after being up late the night before, but I'm trying to gauge if this is reasonable or if we should plan that the next day is a pool day.

We're planning a very similar flight/party date for 2023. Do you mind sharing what the next day looked like for you? We're planning on doing a park knowing that we may have to do a midday break at the resort to allow everyone to recharge after being up late the night before, but I'm trying to gauge if this is reasonable or if we should plan that the next day is a pool day.
Depending on where you're staying if you stay until the end of the party you won't be back to your hotel until at around 1am (maybe later). Even as an adult, who knows when to say when, I find I'm usually too hyped up on sugar and caffeine to sleep until after 2am. Which means if you're going to RD the next day or get up to get your virtual queue, you'd only get five hours of sleep. Also! consider that you've added an extra 8 hours of walking on your feet. They may not be ready to get up and take on a new park after a few hours of rest. So while I have gotten up at 7 the next day and done all 4 parks in that day (it was epic) I wouldn't do it again. Ever. Pool days post party are the rule for us. Or, if they ever bring back the after 12:00pm ticket from 2019, that was perfect.

If you want to do a park the next day, I suggest getting Genie+ and ILLs and stacking lightning lanes for the afternoon. That way you can sleep in and go later in the day and still have a good day. HWS is a pretty good choice for this so long as you don't feel the need to do every single heavy hitter ride.

Our experience may be a little different from the norm as we were only there for 3 days, including our 2 travel days. It may also depend on your travel party as we were 8 adults and 2 children aged 6 and 3. Our plan for the trip was:

Day 1: Arrival & MNSSHP
Day 2: F&W at Epcot
Day 3: Mini resort day & fly home

The following day, after the party, we were up, out, and in Epcot between 10-10:30am. This trip was primarily around going to F&W in Epcot with the party being an added bonus. We also were staying at the Boardwalk, which helped with the time it took to get to the park and we even had stopped and gotten pictures with Goofy and Pluto, who were visiting the resort, around 10am. Going off of pictures I have from back then, we did take a break around 3pm, heading back to the Boardwalk, but then were back in Epcot by 5:30pm.

It was a long day, but it was worth it to us. We were all probably running on some kind of adrenaline, but also knew that we had a short trip.

This year we are planning on going to a MVMCP, but it'll probably be in the middle of our trip, since we'll be there for longer, and we're not planning on being at a park that day, using that as our mini resort day.

Our experience may be a little different from the norm as we were only there for 3 days, including our 2 travel days. It may also depend on your travel party as we were 8 adults and 2 children aged 6 and 3. Our plan for the trip was:

The following day, after the party, we were up, out, and in Epcot between 10-10:30am. This trip was primarily around going to F&W in Epcot with the party being an added bonus. We also were staying at the Boardwalk, which helped with the time it took to get to the park and we even had stopped and gotten pictures with Goofy and Pluto, who were visiting the resort, around 10am. Going off of pictures I have from back then, we did take a break around 3pm, heading back to the Boardwalk, but then were back in Epcot by 5:30pm.

It was a long day, but it was worth it to us. We were all probably running on some kind of adrenaline, but also knew that we had a short trip.

This year we are planning on going to a MVMCP, but it'll probably be in the middle of our trip, since we'll be there for longer, and we're not planning on being at a park that day, using that as our mini reso

This year we are planning on going to a MVMCP, but it'll probably be in the middle of our trip, since we'll be there for longer, and we're not planning on being at a park that day, using that as our mini resort day.
Thank you! Kids ages are the same so it’s helpful to know that you survived. I think between you and the other posters’ advice we could still do Epcot the day after but may spring for G+ to be cautious.

Thank you! Kids ages are the same so it’s helpful to know that you survived. I think between you and the other posters’ advice we could still do Epcot the day after but may spring for G+ to be cautious.
The children thankfully were not cranky and they knew this trip was like a "bonus" trip since we were already there four months earlier in May. One thing we also found was helpful was if we let them kind of sleep until the last possible moment for us and then quickly get them dressed, fed, and out the door. My sister would place a mobile order for breakfast before they woke up, that way when they were up and getting dressed, they had food and we didn't have to wait for it. We definitely also benefitted from mobile ordering back in May.

It may be difficult for them to sleep after the party, but I think as long as there's at least the semblance of a plan put in place, and as long as everyone is aware of what's going on, it should work out. But good luck to you and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter