Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

In 2017 when Halloween was on Tuesday, like it will be in 2023. Who remembers whether HHN went til Halloween, or until the following weekend?

(Or better yet, anyone have an actual inside scoop on 2023 dates?!)
Yeah I was just thinking about that - with how popular its is I would not be surprised if they add night depending on how these extra days they added this year go.

Going Halloween weekend I was wondering of they will run HHN n from the Wednesday to the Tuesday night - would be a good weekend to go.
I like to go in September with ROF, but I have to think its so busy they don't need ROF anymore.

We are planning to go again next year. Would y’all suggest Labor Day weekend or Halloween weekend? We want to stay on property as well

As very first timers last night we had a good time. Absolutely nothing to compare it to but a lot of expectations as this was something I’d wanted try for years but wanted to wait till Ds was a good age, he’s 15 and it was right for us.

Early dinner at Lombards. Started off in Richters Stay and Scream with Blumhouse as our first house. Loved the Black Phone part.

Then Dead Man’s Pier, thought this was so detailed.

Chupacabra next - quite a few scares in here.

Bugs which we all enjoyed but wouldn’t do this one again. Sure I felt I was itching for the rest of the night.

Did the Nightmare Fuel show and we were very impressed.

Last house was monsters which had so many scares and I think my favourite overall.

Scare zones were fun, loved Graveyard and Scarecrow for scares and I thought Sweet Revenge was really fun.

We didn’t have express and only lasted till 11.30pm after arriving from the UK on Saturday night. Got 2 more nights this week.

We are planning to go again next year. Would y’all suggest Labor Day weekend or Halloween weekend? We want to stay on property as well
So I think that it is less crowded overall Halloween weekend. A crazy number of people are there Labor Day as teh last hurrah of summer etc and its a three day weekend.

As I understand it Halloween can be less crowded just because the local folks have their trick or treating stuff to do, Halloween parties etc..
I think Orlando (pre Pandemic anyway) had a big event as well that attracted a lot of locals

I am sure they will chime in.

the other thing with Early September - the SAs are still learning the ropes - but Halloween they have it down pat and are 100% on game, but probably very tired as well

So I think that it is less crowded overall Halloween weekend. A crazy number of people are there Labor Day as teh last hurrah of summer etc and its a three day weekend.

As I understand it Halloween can be less crowded just because the local folks have their trick or treating stuff to do, Halloween parties etc..
I think Orlando (pre Pandemic anyway) had a big event as well that attracted a lot of locals

I am sure they will chime in.

the other thing with Early September - the SAs are still learning the ropes - but Halloween they have it down pat and are 100% on game, but probably very tired as well
Thank you for your input! Leaning towards October 27-30 , also the weather will be much better

Thank you for your input! Leaning towards October 27-30 , also the weather will be much better
Definitely more likely to be cooler that hotter. Less likely to have a hurricane. So that's good.
Heck, while it's not Halloween weekend, this week the temps even as far south as Orlando, are going to dip to low 50's overnight, which is quite low for this time of year. It's short burst of cold but just shows that you never know what the weather will bring. By Halloween weekend it can be just about anything.

Definitely Halloween. Went around that weekend last year & it was great. Nice weather (major storm on one day, but very pleasant temps all week). Low crowds during the weekdays surrounding. Do note that the Fri before Halloween was an Orlando school day off, not sure if that's the case every year. HHN was packed, but it was our first time so no basis for comparison.

Plus we did Howl-o-Scream at Sea World on actual Halloween - it was fun, cheap, and had all merchandise half price being the last day.

Some use the select hotel line to enter HHN which is open until 8 pm

Just saves a person a shorter entrance line

I never use it but have friends that to go later and before 8 to enter for hhn
just show your room key to use this guest line to enter the enter the hhn park

when i do hhn, i hit the parks at an early time

What time does the VIP entrance outside of the park open for RIP check in again please? Is it 5:00pm or 5:30pm?

5:30

Are you doing public or private? Public people started lining up on the left, when facing the door, pretty early, like before 5pm. If it's private, just walk-in on the right after 5:30pm.

5:30

Are you doing public or private? Public people started lining up on the left, when facing the door, pretty early, like before 5pm. If it's private, just walk-in on the right after 5:30pm.
Thank you!! We’re doing the public one next Wednesday but we wanted to get changed into something warmer and grab a few snacks from the Club level lounge at HRH first before we head over and I just wanted to double check what time it opened as it’s unlikely we’ll be there before 5pm to line up.

Looking forward to trip reports for this week! Going 10/26 and it's my second HHN. The first time I just followed my family around and had a blast, this time I'll be with my sister who will be on a MISSION. I'm a little nervous about keeping her happy so I love reading all of your tips & trip reports!

We went again on Wednesday October 19. We were on our way to stay and scream tonight and got T Boned by some jerk turning left onto our road during heavy traffic who simply didn't see us. Sigh. We are ok but the car got scraped up. So no HHN tonight. Maybe we'll go on Sunday.

We had wanted to get in line at stay and scream for Halloween. However, we were a bit late and didn't arrive until 4:15 and at that point Halloween already had a giant queue. We talked to the people in the front and they said the official queue started at 4.

Instead, we walked around a bit then met a friend and got in line for Hellblock's stay and scream. We were in line way earlier than we needed to be, we got in at 4:45. We were held outside the queue building until around 5 and then moved inside to wait until the house opened at 5:15. We were in within the minute.

Next we joined the stay and scream line for Coven at 5:22. The line started right at 5:30 and we were inside at 5:41.

It is possible to join the Halloween line at this point before the main gate crowd comes in, but you're still going to have a long wait. If I have to do a long wait I'd rather do that during regular party time and not during the coveted stay and scream extra time. So either be in line right at 4 for Halloween or just save the wait til later at night.

We got some food (lil boo buns and pizza skulls) and hovered at the gate to be released to the rest of the park. Almost exactly at 6 pm the gate opened and we power walked to the Weeknd. We were in line at 6:02 but it wasn't like the other night where we just walked in. Not sure if the house had opened late or if there were just more people, but we got into the house at 6:19.

We could see the line for Monsters as we exited Weeknd and we decided it was longer than we'd like so we took off for the back of the park.

At 6:34 we entered the line for Bug. We were in at 6:49. There was a lot of standing still and not moving for this one as they let hordes of Express in. I wonder if their ratio was a bit off at that time.

We could see the line for Destruction as we left Bug and it was really long so we got some more food and drinks and headed back to Monsters to wait. We got in line at 7:13 and were in at 7:48.

At that point most lines were advertised as over 60 minutes and we decided to head out around 8:30.

Couple random observations: crowds still haven't let up and it's pretty busy. Merch is still holding strong at full price other than one or two things. Lil Boo baseball hats were back in stock. The weather was actually kind of chilly and delightful. I still think this isn't the best year, but I am getting very attached to a couple houses and the graveyard scare zone.

1666391416265.png

1666391424064.png

1666391509638.png

1666391546581.png

1666391576148.png

1666391597216.png

1666391607821.png

1666391619332.png

1666391638247.png

1666391701461.png

We went again on Wednesday October 19. We were on our way to stay and scream tonight and got T Boned by some jerk turning left onto our road during heavy traffic who simply didn't see us. Sigh. We are ok but the car got scraped up. So no HHN tonight. Maybe we'll go on Sunday.

We had wanted to get in line at stay and scream for Halloween. However, we were a bit late and didn't arrive until 4:15 and at that point Halloween already had a giant queue. We talked to the people in the front and they said the official queue started at 4.

Instead, we walked around a bit then met a friend and got in line for Hellblock's stay and scream. We were in line way earlier than we needed to be, we got in at 4:45. We were held outside the queue building until around 5 and then moved inside to wait until the house opened at 5:15. We were in within the minute.

Next we joined the stay and scream line for Coven at 5:22. The line started right at 5:30 and we were inside at 5:41.

It is possible to join the Halloween line at this point before the main gate crowd comes in, but you're still going to have a long wait. If I have to do a long wait I'd rather do that during regular party time and not during the coveted stay and scream extra time. So either be in line right at 4 for Halloween or just save the wait til later at night.

We got some food (lil boo buns and pizza skulls) and hovered at the gate to be released to the rest of the park. Almost exactly at 6 pm the gate opened and we power walked to the Weeknd. We were in line at 6:02 but it wasn't like the other night where we just walked in. Not sure if the house had opened late or if there were just more people, but we got into the house at 6:19.

We could see the line for Monsters as we exited Weeknd and we decided it was longer than we'd like so we took off for the back of the park.

At 6:34 we entered the line for Bug. We were in at 6:49. There was a lot of standing still and not moving for this one as they let hordes of Express in. I wonder if their ratio was a bit off at that time.

We could see the line for Destruction as we left Bug and it was really long so we got some more food and drinks and headed back to Monsters to wait. We got in line at 7:13 and were in at 7:48.

At that point most lines were advertised as over 60 minutes and we decided to head out around 8:30.

Couple random observations: crowds still haven't let up and it's pretty busy. Merch is still holding strong at full price other than one or two things. Lil Boo baseball hats were back in stock. The weather was actually kind of chilly and delightful. I still think this isn't the best year, but I am getting very attached to a couple houses and the graveyard scare zone.

View attachment 712312

View attachment 712313

View attachment 712314

View attachment 712315

View attachment 712316

View attachment 712317

View attachment 712318

View attachment 712319

View attachment 712320

View attachment 712321
Thanks for continuing to post...and so sorry to hear about your fender bender - what an aggravating start to the weekend. :headache: But glad you are all ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter