Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

We went again on Wednesday October 19. We were on our way to stay and scream tonight and got T Boned by some jerk turning left onto our road during heavy traffic who simply didn't see us. Sigh. We are ok but the car got scraped up. So no HHN tonight. Maybe we'll go on Sunday.

We had wanted to get in line at stay and scream for Halloween. However, we were a bit late and didn't arrive until 4:15 and at that point Halloween already had a giant queue. We talked to the people in the front and they said the official queue started at 4.

Instead, we walked around a bit then met a friend and got in line for Hellblock's stay and scream. We were in line way earlier than we needed to be, we got in at 4:45. We were held outside the queue building until around 5 and then moved inside to wait until the house opened at 5:15. We were in within the minute.

Next we joined the stay and scream line for Coven at 5:22. The line started right at 5:30 and we were inside at 5:41.

It is possible to join the Halloween line at this point before the main gate crowd comes in, but you're still going to have a long wait. If I have to do a long wait I'd rather do that during regular party time and not during the coveted stay and scream extra time. So either be in line right at 4 for Halloween or just save the wait til later at night.

We got some food (lil boo buns and pizza skulls) and hovered at the gate to be released to the rest of the park. Almost exactly at 6 pm the gate opened and we power walked to the Weeknd. We were in line at 6:02 but it wasn't like the other night where we just walked in. Not sure if the house had opened late or if there were just more people, but we got into the house at 6:19.

We could see the line for Monsters as we exited Weeknd and we decided it was longer than we'd like so we took off for the back of the park.

At 6:34 we entered the line for Bug. We were in at 6:49. There was a lot of standing still and not moving for this one as they let hordes of Express in. I wonder if their ratio was a bit off at that time.

We could see the line for Destruction as we left Bug and it was really long so we got some more food and drinks and headed back to Monsters to wait. We got in line at 7:13 and were in at 7:48.

At that point most lines were advertised as over 60 minutes and we decided to head out around 8:30.

Couple random observations: crowds still haven't let up and it's pretty busy. Merch is still holding strong at full price other than one or two things. Lil Boo baseball hats were back in stock. The weather was actually kind of chilly and delightful. I still think this isn't the best year, but I am getting very attached to a couple houses and the graveyard scare zone.

View attachment 712312

View attachment 712313

View attachment 712314

View attachment 712315

View attachment 712316

View attachment 712317

View attachment 712318

View attachment 712319

View attachment 712320

View attachment 712321
Hi! your reports are awesome! very helpful for me, planning my first visit in September 23. one question - are the stay and scream lines the same lines you're able to get into if you're in the parks that day, and just stay for hhn?

Hi! your reports are awesome! very helpful for me, planning my first visit in September 23. one question - are the stay and scream lines the same lines you're able to get into if you're in the parks that day, and just stay for hhn?
Yup, they only offer the extra stay and scream ticket for those who don't have daytime admission but want to enter before HHN starts. It just gives access to Studios in the afternoon.

Not HHN, but saw BG Tampa has their horror tickets for sale now, $36.99, when buy at least 2. Seems like a great price for one night there. Many like their horror nights.

Not HHN, but saw BG Tampa has their horror tickets for sale now, $36.99, when buy at least 2. Seems like a great price for one night there. Many like their horror nights.
Ive always enjoyed their horror nights. Usually smaller crowds/lines, and they pulse the lines at each house as well.

While I’ve o
Ive always enjoyed their horror nights. Usually smaller crowds/lines, and they pulse the lines at each house as well.
While I’ve only done Howl O Scream in BG Williamsburg, I agree that the BG/SW haunt events are brilliantly done.

I also like in Williamsburg that they have the blindly light lanyards. I know Tampa and I believe SW Orlando have them too and the goal is if you don’t want to be bothered you turn them on, but it was apparently originally done because the Sesame Street land in BGW can only be accessed once you’re in the park, so to prevent the scareactors from scaring or accidentally bumping into children they created those. It’s a success from what I’ve heard and it helps the scareactors immensely during the very small amount of time where the Sesame Street trick or treat and howl o scream overlap

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter