• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

edit: the below was from a reliable website. Appears they may have jumped the gun as it‘s been pointed out to me that these are 2022 dates duh lol.

Can verify that permits were filed last month re work on the sprung tents & building 79/large parade building.

if anything, a date template of sorts (moving everything back a day for 2023 vs 2022)

E2C41BC2-89EA-43E8-8908-75FEFE385D07.jpeg

EF0D8E08-AF5E-4E9C-8622-F8B17E9E8CCC.jpeg

“Universal announced that the 2023 Halloween Horror Nights Dates will start on September 2nd, 2023 and run through October 31st 2023.
  • September 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30
  • October 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
The HHN event usually takes place on select weekdays and all weekends including Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It’s important to keep in mind that this event has become extremely popular among Florida locals, Universal increased event nights in recent years.”

Last edited:
I’m sure we’ve all seen the various rumors re 2023’s houses. fun way to pass the winter :)

Assume we’ll be seeing a classic U Monster house in one form of the other. Well overdue to work their legacy & promote Epic Universe.

this one caught my eye today. Unexpected as to the Phantom
527610D9-EE1C-418D-B1DE-9DD82BE5852A.jpeg

I’m sure we’ve all seen the various rumors re 2023’s houses. fun way to pass the winter :)

Assume we’ll be seeing a classic U Monster house in one form of the other. Well overdue to work their legacy & promote Epic Universe.

this one caught my eye today. Unexpected as to the Phantom
View attachment 740200
Maybe they can do a Parisian themed house for it this year. I had heard rumors/ideas of Hunchback of Notre Dame being used as it will be the 100th anniversary of that film and is considered the first universal monster movie by many. Phantom of the Opera was first done in 1925, but also has a version that's part of their classic monsters film collection from 1943 so be hitting it's 80th anniversary. with both set in Paris could do a cohesive house with the two of them that could look amazing with the opera house and catacombs along with the Cathedral. so could be a maze with great decor that takes you from the dizzying heights of the cathedral peaks, to the dreary, crumbling catacombs below the city.

So with all the construction what do folks think will happen houses wise?
Not sure they can use Shrek anymore and the kid zones are closed
Could be some very long walks I guess

Have not thought about it too much - but I assume others have

Permits have been filed for tents 1& 2 as well As parade bldg.

KidZone area construction during 2023 could = congestion at MIB if they use it for all entrances in that section of park

Don’t want to consider even more walking each night to hit all the houses in that section from a more far-flung area:sad2:

Perhaps the access near la bamba?

Wonder if they could use the one near the SpongeBob store/CS there?

we were not going to go this fall but decided we need to fly down for a Thursday and Friday night during my daughter's fall break in October when we heard the rumor of a Dracula/Phantom of the Opera house. Who were we kidding anyway - we have too much fun to skip it. Christmas is overrated anyway lol as that was when we were going to come instead

M3GAN is likely a done deal As so popular With what appears to be their new target audience of teens/20 somethinGs. Since many have family in tow forking the bill, would be nice to see some of the horror classics represented Or revisited.

was thinking about what U monsters they could roll out, wish they’d include the creature from the black lagoon in a house. Wouldn’t mind seeing it in a long monsters’ scarezone either.

FYI - Violent Night streaming on peacock. David Harbour as drunk Santa & John Leguizamo as mercangry “Scrooge” lit it up lol

when I noticed a credit the beginning of the film that Universal was involved with that movie, found myself picking out scenes that would translate well in a house. That’s when you know you have it bad

Krampus house was fun but, it’s been done, I’m rooting for Violent Night:wizard:

No Stranger Things as big as it is? I thought I heard last year it would be one along with the original monster's houses rotating parks. looking forward to september allready!

No Stranger Things as big as it is? I thought I heard last year it would be one along with the original monster's houses rotating parks. looking forward to september allready!

There has been a rumor that HHN and Netflix had a falling out.

I think if they do another ST house it will be to coincide with the 5th season. So if it happens, it will be 2024. Doesn’t make sense to do it in an off year.

I noticed there are no Wednesdays included in September and Thursday, September 14th is not included in the HHN days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter