"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Thanks all, I think we will go to the second party, and hope all the kinks are worked out by then, and still low crowds being a week night, where local kids in school. Won't do 2 though, but maybe some day. At lest I can get a slight discount as military ticket can be used that night.

Hi all! New member here. First time visiting in the fall and first time going to MNSSHP. Very excited! Thank you for all of the info you all share. It is invaluable!

I am a CA native, so I grew up going to Disneyland. However, I am now on the east coast and have visited WDW 2x, starting in 2015. This year’s visit will be me, DH, DD (5), DS(2), my mom, and DD’s bestie who’s bring her parents. Lol.

We have party tix our first day 9/30 and will be hitting MK a second day on 10/3 (bestie’s mom wants our second day to be a non-party day). DS and my mom won’t be attending the party because of my son’s age and early bedtime. I’m thinking I may want to add a second party the night of 10/5, a Friday and our second fills day at MK, for just DH, me and DD (bestie and fam will have gone home). It will be $$, more than adding dessert party tix, but I don’t really like the value proposition of the dessert party. Our goals are rides without long waits, the three shows and possibly some characters. I’d love my daughter to be able to meet Moana and the princess with their princes, but I thank I’m a being too ambitious. Oh, and I am not sure my daughter will be able to hang much past 10. What Would you do? 2 parties or try to cram everything into 1?

I would do two. They're just so much fun.

Also, the princes meet during the Christmas parties, not halloween. Aladdin does meet in his Prince Ali outfit writing Abu.

Moana should be there.

Deciding on the first or second party, thoughts?

Second. We tried the first party a few years ago and it was terribly crowded. If you want to meet characters at all definitely the second, that way you'll know starting times and where to go.

Deciding on the first or second party, thoughts?

Second!

I went to the first party last year and it was sold out -- and packed! There were tons of media (well, bloggers) and everything was crazy crowded. Reports were that the second night was much less crowded, as the bloggers had already written their posts, etc. All things equal, I strongly recommend the second party.

I may be losing my mind, but does anyone remember seeing this wording in the beginning of the "know before you go" section of the Terrace dessert party? I'm thinking it may be new...

"View check-in times and other important information before attending the Happy HalloWishes Dessert Party".

It's almost exactly the wording from the person I spoke to yesterday and she did say she would be contacting the web group. I may be grasping at straws, but I'm hoping it's an indication that the parade viewing is included. Of course it doesn't tell us where to look for that "check in time and other important information". Baby steps, I guess!

It's almost exactly the wording from the person I spoke to yesterday and she did say she would be contacting the web group. I may be grasping at straws, but I'm hoping it's an indication that the parade viewing is included. Of course it doesn't tell us where to look for that "check in time and other important information". Baby steps, I guess!
I don't recall that being there before either. I did take screen shots of the page though in case they decide to change it. The check-in time still says 9:15 on the site.

Do the MK party restaurants (BOG, Crystal Palace and CRT) get decorated for each Holiday (Halloween and Christmas)? I know the parks and resorts do, but I thought it might be neat to eat at one of the restaurants during the holiday parties if they also felt like that holiday. Would be a different experience then just eating there on a normal day. We have a BOG reservation during MNSSHP and I was just curious if it would be any different than other times we have been there.

Second!

I went to the first party last year and it was sold out -- and packed! There were tons of media (well, bloggers) and everything was crazy crowded. Reports were that the second night was much less crowded, as the bloggers had already written their posts, etc. All things equal, I strongly recommend the second party.

:( We can only do the first party, so I'm sticking with it, but I hope that it's not too crazy an experience because it's going to be my husband's and son's first party.

I may be losing my mind, but does anyone remember seeing this wording in the beginning of the "know before you go" section of the Terrace dessert party? I'm thinking it may be new...

"View check-in times and other important information before attending the Happy HalloWishes Dessert Party".

I took a screenshot last week, and I don't see any changes in that section.

:( We can only do the first party, so I'm sticking with it, but I hope that it's not too crazy an experience because it's going to be my husband's and son's first party.

As said above, a crowded party is still better than no party. We were still glad we did it. But I expected an August party wouldn’t be crowded and it was nuts. It’s all about expectations...

Is the dessert party needed? How many people are allowed in during a party???? Like we were there in Jan on that SUPER cold day, and we got a great viewing spot like 2 mins to fireworks starting. And parade, I am not one to sit there for 2 hours for viewing, how hard is it to get a good spot?

Is the dessert party needed? How many people are allowed in during a party???? Like we were there in Jan on that SUPER cold day, and we got a great viewing spot like 2 mins to fireworks starting. And parade, I am not one to sit there for 2 hours for viewing, how hard is it to get a good spot?
From what I've read, the parade is harder to get a good spot for than the fireworks. If you don't care too much about your parade spot you could find a spot in Frontierland because it won't be as busy as Main St.

Oh I would much rather be in Frontierland anyways!!! It's decorated right? This will be our first time.

Oh I would much rather be in Frontierland anyways!!! It's decorated right? This will be our first time.
This will be our first time there, too! We are fortunate enough to do 2 parties so we will watch the parade from Frontierland during one party and Main St for the other. If I was only doing one party I would watch it from Frontierland. I would assume it is decorated over there, but I don't know for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter