"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Please don't feel I am judging people because to each there own I always say as long as your not hurting someone but do people really line up at 4 PM to meet a character at 7 PM? I can't imagine wasting so much time of my day waiting to take a picture with a character. I won't even wait in line for an hour for a ride that last 2 minutes so I am sure not waiting 3 hours for a meeting with a character that last 30 seconds. Put again to each there own.
I guess I am interested in it because of their costumes. I only plan to do Pooh and the gang and Donald/Daisy - I am disneybounding as Daisy. If I can catch Mickey with a short line then maybe. I do plan to do the Dwarves for the Christmas party tho - but thats all. Rides arent that important to me as I will be there for 8 days and can catch them during that time. I will ride a few of course. I think it just matters what the priorities are. I'm looking to do the rare stuff, now things I can do during regular hours - does that make sense?

I guess I am interested in it because of their costumes. I only plan to do Pooh and the gang and Donald/Daisy - I am disneybounding as Daisy. If I can catch Mickey with a short line then maybe. I do plan to do the Dwarves for the Christmas party tho - but thats all. Rides arent that important to me as I will be there for 8 days and can catch them during that time. I will ride a few of course. I think it just matters what the priorities are. I'm looking to do the rare stuff, now things I can do during regular hours - does that make sense?

That is true also but I did the Hollywood and Vine to get them all in there Halloween Costumes so I can avoid the lines. I agree with the Dwarfs though as it is super rare and worth to do but not at 3 hours. I would do everything I would want to do and then get in line before the cut it off for closing. But I see your point for sure.

I need help!!!! Family of 5. Me, dad, girls will be 7 but they are 11 months apart so 1 is bigger, and almost 3 year old boy. We need costume help! I look all over pinterest and the net and I am coming up meh. Hubs will probably only want to wear a tshirt and shorts, so as creative as I can get with that. The rest of us can wear anything that is allowed. Help me out with ideas! We go Sept 9th.

FYI, there is a: Costume Thread with links. :-)

EDIT: I recommend Wreck it Ralph and the baby can be a piece of candy!

Last edited:
My latest update on the ongoing saga of "is the parade viewing included or not"... I got a call back from Disney today following up on the call from Saturday and she said "I can definitely confirm that parade viewing is included in the tomorrowland terrace party, there is no reserved seating for the parade, but a reserved viewing area". She still could not answer the question of what time the parade starts or when we are to check in for the parade viewing, but said to keep checking the website because it should get updated.

Although the CM I had was extremely nice and going out of her way to be helpful, I still don't have 100% faith that what she is saying is correct. I'm going to continue to keep an eye on the website for the parade times to be posted and at that time, I would expect some sort of update to the party description in the "know before you go" section of the event on when check-in will be (assuming what she has told me is correct). I do know that in 2016 there was a separate itinerary emailed to me a week before the dessert party with parade viewing with all that info included.

Not sure this is overly helpful, but figured some of you on the fence about what to do would appreciate what little info I was able to get.

My latest update on the ongoing saga of "is the parade viewing included or not"... I got a call back from Disney today following up on the call from Saturday and she said "I can definitely confirm that parade viewing is included in the tomorrowland terrace party, there is no reserved seating for the parade, but a reserved viewing area". She still could not answer the question of what time the parade starts or when we are to check in for the parade viewing, but said to keep checking the website because it should get updated.

Although the CM I had was extremely nice and going out of her way to be helpful, I still don't have 100% faith that what she is saying is correct. I'm going to continue to keep an eye on the website for the parade times to be posted and at that time, I would expect some sort of update to the party description in the "know before you go" section of the event on when check-in will be (assuming what she has told me is correct). I do know that in 2016 there was a separate itinerary emailed to me a week before the dessert party with parade viewing with all that info included.

Not sure this is overly helpful, but figured some of you on the fence about what to do would appreciate what little info I was able to get.

Same here. I emailed DSS and asked them (I was originally asking if the Hallowishes was included in the CLxFP viewing just incase the dessert party needed to be canceled)

This was my email response:
From our understanding, the Hallowishes Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party will include a viewing of the Boo to You Parade, but we are unsure if the Plaza Viewing Dessert Party will offer that same option. Based off of the information that you provided, your dessert party should include viewing of the parade.

But, seems how I read DSS are the ones last year who gave incorrect info in regards to the dessert parties, still not feeling confident, but done stressing. If it's offered fantastic, if not, we will make do and have a fabulous time! pixiedust:

Same here. I emailed DSS and asked them (I was originally asking if the Hallowishes was included in the CLxFP viewing just incase the dessert party needed to be canceled)

From our understanding, the Hallowishes Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party will include a viewing of the Boo to You Parade, but we are unsure if the Plaza Viewing Dessert Party will offer that same option. Based off of the information that you provided, your dessert party should include viewing of the parade.

But, seems how I read DSS are the ones last year who gave incorrect info in regards to the dessert parties, still not feeling confident, but done stressing. If it's offered fantastic, if not, we will make do and have a fabulous time! pixiedust:

I'm with you, I'm going regardless, but I'm doing two MNSSHPs and it makes a difference to me which one I book the dessert party on based on parade viewing or not. For now, they are both booked and one will get cancelled when it gets a bit clearer. I really do think that it will get ironed out and correct details on the website in the next few weeks.

Hey everyone!

New to the boards here. I am planning an end of Oct/Nov 2019 trip - and MNSSHP is definitely on the to do list! I have soooo appreciated this board, and all the details everyone is willing to share. Given me so much to work with and get to know. I can't wait to hear about everyone's party experiences this year. I don't want to just be a lurker, so even though I am not planning to go till 2019 - just wanted to say thanks for having this around and hope everyone's parties are wonderful! :)

Hey everyone!

New to the boards here. I am planning an end of Oct/Nov 2019 trip - and MNSSHP is definitely on the to do list! I have soooo appreciated this board, and all the details everyone is willing to share. Given me so much to work with and get to know. I can't wait to hear about everyone's party experiences this year. I don't want to just be a lurker, so even though I am not planning to go till 2019 - just wanted to say thanks for having this around and hope everyone's parties are wonderful! :)

Welcome. You will have a great time. Going at the end of October and into November is a great time to possibly experience the Halloween and Christmas party in the same week. If it can work out for you to do both I highly recommend both to you. I do like the Halloween one more though. Have a great time planning.

Thanks for posting your response. I know how frustrating it is because I will cancel my Terrace dessert party res if parade viewing isn't included. I haven't told DH yet about it in case parade viewing is not included. His favorite thing on our last big Disney trip was the dessert party at MVMCP with parade viewing by the flagpole. He still talks about that so I'd love to surprise him with it. I too keep checking the website to see if they change it at all.

This is helpful. It's nice to know that the parade viewing is still potentially an option for the plaza viewing party, but I'm planning to keep our reservation regardless.

Thank you both so much for sharing! Hopefully these CMs are correct, and we find out one way or another soon.

So I know this has never been done before, but given the 9:15 arrival time for the Terrace party, you guys don’t think they could be offering reserved viewing for the second parade of the night, do you?

With the introduction of the After Fireworks Dessert Party for HEA, I wouldn’t put it past Disney to try it with this. Although the second parade isn’t nearly as crowded as the first so the price of the party wouldn’t be remotely worth it.

I am basically just thinking out loud here lol

Welcome. You will have a great time. Going at the end of October and into November is a great time to possibly experience the Halloween and Christmas party in the same week. If it can work out for you to do both I highly recommend both to you. I do like the Halloween one more though. Have a great time planning.

Thank you! Yes we are hoping to be able to hit up both parties - it will all depend on Wine and Dine Half Marathon. That is the main purpose in going, so we are hoping the timing works out to get to experience Halloween, F&W Festival, and Christmas! In addition to the races. What do you like more about the Halloween party? I am a Christmas fiend so I hope to see the parks all decorated and attend the party.

Thank you both so much for sharing! Hopefully these CMs are correct, and we find out one way or another soon.

So I know this has never been done before, but given the 9:15 arrival time for the Terrace party, you guys don’t think they could be offering reserved viewing for the second parade of the night, do you?

With the introduction of the After Fireworks Dessert Party for HEA, I wouldn’t put it past Disney to try it with this. Although the second parade isn’t nearly as crowded as the first so the price of the party wouldn’t be remotely worth it.

Anything is possible for sure. The timing would be about right, although maybe a bit too much time to wait on the parade, but they technically had the parade viewing 2 years ago 45 minutes before the first parade, so it could work.

Although really, we may be overthinking it and this is is a case of them putting the time in the ADR for the dessert party start time either knowingly omitting the parade viewing details because the parade time wasn't finalized or, there is no parade viewing, or they're confused. :-)

This is helpful. It's nice to know that the parade viewing is still potentially an option for the plaza viewing party, but I'm planning to keep our reservation regardless.

Not to be a bummer, but in chatting on my call, she did tell me that parade viewing was terrace only. Take that for whatever it's worth.

That sounds hopeful! Thanks for the update.

Not to be a bummer, but in chatting on my call, she did tell me that parade viewing was terrace only. Take that for whatever it's worth.
Like I said, we're doing the party either way, so it's really not a bummer. We're two adults so we're planning to view the second parade anyway, which as several people have stated tends to be less crowed. I'm not super concerned about getting a parade spot.

I don't think it would be the 2nd parade as the wording says you will kick off your night with reserved parade viewing, then dessert, then top it off with fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter