"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Hi all! New member here. First time visiting in the fall and first time going to MNSSHP. Very excited! Thank you for all of the info you all share. It is invaluable!

I am a CA native, so I grew up going to Disneyland. However, I am now on the east coast and have visited WDW 2x, starting in 2015. This year’s visit will be me, DH, DD (5), DS(2), my mom, and DD’s bestie who’s bring her parents. Lol.

We have party tix our first day 9/30 and will be hitting MK a second day on 10/3 (bestie’s mom wants our second day to be a non-party day). DS and my mom won’t be attending the party because of my son’s age and early bedtime. I’m thinking I may want to add a second party the night of 10/5, a Friday and our second fills day at MK, for just DH, me and DD (bestie and fam will have gone home). It will be $$, more than adding dessert party tix, but I don’t really like the value proposition of the dessert party. Our goals are rides without long waits, the three shows and possibly some characters. I’d love my daughter to be able to meet Moana and the princess with their princes, but I thank I’m a being too ambitious. Oh, and I am not sure my daughter will be able to hang much past 10. What Would you do? 2 parties or try to cram everything into 1?

With a young child as unpredictable as they can be and if you can afford to, I would book 2 parties so you don't feel rushed trying to get everything in one

That's what DH wants to dress as for our party. I'm still pushing for Belle and Beast, or Donald and Daisy.
I pretty much plan everything for our trips, but DH has actually gotten pretty excited about being Ralph. He picked out some overalls on Amazon (that are way too expensive lol) and wants to spike his hair up. I picked Coco for our second party so we will do Dia De Los Muertos face paint.

I pretty much plan everything for our trips, but DH has actually gotten pretty excited about being Ralph. He picked out some overalls on Amazon (that are way too expensive lol) and wants to spike his hair up. I picked Coco for our second party so we will do Dia De Los Muertos face paint.
Ha ha - my DH is way into his costume this year too (Carl Fredrickson). He even went out on his own and picked up a walker and tennis balls!! Lol

I've been trying since the day reservations were available to get BOG on 8/24 (preferably before the 7pm party) for our party of 4 and absolutely nothing has come up. I started trying to get them on the day is was announced that the ADRs were now able to be booked. I'm using the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Dining page.

Were they really gone that fast or am I missing something?

I've been trying since the day reservations were available to get BOG on 8/24 (preferably before the 7pm party) for our party of 4 and absolutely nothing has come up. I started trying to get them on the day is was announced that the ADRs were now able to be booked. I'm using the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Dining page.

BOG is closed for a very brief refurb 08/20- 08/25 I believe the dates are.

I looked for my party day which is 10/16 and there was BoG available for 6:20 so I think it just depends. I am wondering if people realize that it will be two table credits by the party dates and you might see some open up when they do.

I just booked the terrace dessert party. I’ll be eager to read reports of whether or not the parade viewing is included. We’ll likely cancel if it isn’t. We aren’t going until 9/23 so I’m certain we’ll know something by then. This is our second year attending MNSSHP and can’t wait for it!!

BOG is CLOSED on 8/24 (if I'm not mistaken 8/20-8/25)

Last edited:
I need help!!!! Family of 5. Me, dad, girls will be 7 but they are 11 months apart so 1 is bigger, and almost 3 year old boy. We need costume help! I look all over pinterest and the net and I am coming up meh. Hubs will probably only want to wear a tshirt and shorts, so as creative as I can get with that. The rest of us can wear anything that is allowed. Help me out with ideas! We go Sept 9th.

What about Sid from Toy Story? You can just get the skull costume and it's an instant costume. That's what my boyfriend is doing with a few additional accessories

With a young child as unpredictable as they can be and if you can afford to, I would book 2 parties so you don't feel rushed trying to get everything in one
Thanks!

I am leaning that direction. My only hesitation is we are going there during the day and it is predicted to be more crowded because it’s the Friday before Columbus Day :/

I feel like the phone CMs official job description should include the phrase “perpetually confused” lol

And it’s not even their fault. I have no idea why Disney keeps their frontlines in the dark.

In fairness the person I spoke to was not a front line CM, so she seemed more informed and had some options as far as raising the issue with various groups. I agree with you though on the lack of knowledge on the front line and I don't think it's intentional, I think there is just way too much new information on any given day that it's pretty tough to keep that many front line folks informed of everything as soon as it happens. I'm okay if they don't know and just say so, it's the ones who you can tell are clearly clueless and BS'ing their way through the conversation that drive me nuts.

Deciding on the first or second party, thoughts?

If you put any stock into the touring plan crowd predictions, the first party is predicted to be the 4th least crowded and the second party the 2nd least crowded, so in either case you are looking the lesser end of the crowd spectrum. The first one is a Friday and the second one is a Tuesday and I think that, generally, the Tuesday should be less crowded because you have less locals. I also think the very first party gets a lot of bloggers, not sure that really makes a difference though. If one of those days fits better into your touring plan then just go with that, otherwise, I would choose the 2nd party.

Deciding on the first or second party, thoughts?

Both? :confused3

Just kidding (kind of). One thing that tends to pop up at the "first" Disney anything (MNSSHP, After Hours, MVMCP, etc) is that inevitably 'something' doesn't go right. In past years, around the first MNSSHP people seem to note/observe less than ideal park clearing, merchandise not out, or a variety of other arguablly minor details that are just a bit off. Personally I'd let Disney clear out their cobwebs on the first night, then go on another night. But I'd also happily go on night #1 if that was my only choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter