Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Hello all! I am coming to the Tinkerbell Half Marathon and trying to decide between the Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel.
Does anyone have any opinons about preferences between these hotel for this race weekend?

Thanks in advance for any opinions, advice, etc you may have!!

Hello all! I am coming to the Tinkerbell Half Marathon and trying to decide between the Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel.
Does anyone have any opinons about preferences between these hotel for this race weekend?

Thanks in advance for any opinions, advice, etc you may have!!

I would choose the Disneyland Hotel over Paradise Pier. I think it's more has a more "Disney feeling" and where else can you have fireworks that light up on your headboard...at the DLH. :tink:
It's also where the race EXPO is so it will be very convenient for that and the race start. Hope this helps.

I would choose the Disneyland Hotel over Paradise Pier. I think it's more has a more "Disney feeling" and where else can you have fireworks that light up on your headboard...at the DLH. :tink:
It's also where the race EXPO is so it will be very convenient for that and the race start. Hope this helps.
It sure does...thank you!!

I'm a little nervous to even put this out there - but am very tentatively playing with the idea of a last minute trip to run the tink 1/2 and add a coast to coast event to my repertoire.

But we've never done DL and would be coming from Boston for just the weekend (fri-mon) - so the planning is sort of overwhelming. I'm exploring using flight miles and marriot points too (so a good neighbor hotel). Not sure if it's too much for a weekend with the long trip, time changes, etc? Not to mention guilt associated with leaving the kids on Mother's Day weekend!

I'm a little nervous to even put this out there - but am very tentatively playing with the idea of a last minute trip to run the tink 1/2 and add a coast to coast event to my repertoire.

But we've never done DL and would be coming from Boston for just the weekend (fri-mon) - so the planning is sort of overwhelming. I'm exploring using flight miles and marriot points too (so a good neighbor hotel). Not sure if it's too much for a weekend with the long trip, time changes, etc? Not to mention guilt associated with leaving the kids on Mother's Day weekend!

I was guilty initially about leaving my kids on Mother's Day weekend.

But, I got over it! :D

I totally get being overwhelmed with the planning, but I also think it's absolutely worth visiting even if you normally go to WDW...it's similar but different. Very charming. ::yes::

You guys aren't helping to dissuade me!! But I probably solicited input from the wrong audience.

Off to price this out and see what DH says....

Growing up with a mom who worked at a hospital we celebrated a lot of holidays on the "wrong days" because she could get OT pay for working the real holidays or she just "had to" work them. You know what...I never cared especially when we got to celebrate early!!! (I was impatient as a child, still am.) As long as you pick a day to celebrate sometime who cares if its on 5/14 or not? I say you milk it and celebrate before and after you come back home from Tink weekend :) That's what I'm gonna do!

Growing up with a mom who worked at a hospital we celebrated a lot of holidays on the "wrong days" because she could get OT pay for working the real holidays or she just "had to" work them.

My mom was a nurse and we often had to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas on different days. The most important thing was our family was together - it didn't matter which day! It is nice that she is retired now and will be celebrating mother's day and my half marathon at Disneyland!

My mom was a nurse and we often had to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas on different days. The most important thing was our family was together - it didn't matter which day! It is nice that she is retired now and will be celebrating mother's day and my half marathon at Disneyland!

If my mom is feeling healthy and up to it come early May she will be with us during Tink weekend! I'm super excited and hopeful she makes the trip :)

Planning a DL trip is easy and very casual on this coast. I think the time change will be in your favor.
I say do it.

Luckily I won't even be at Disneyland until afternoon on Friday, so either of those packages really wouldn't do much for me if I was willing to spend the $$. It's odd to me that they both cost more than the half marathon alone (but I guess so does a big dooney!)
Now if anyone does end up going to that lunch...please post recaps so we all can live vicariously through you even if it will be impossible to taste the food through the computer screen. :)

So I ended up signing up for it. I'll report back on how it is. I had thought about doing Chef's Table this trip, so this will actually scratch that itch :)

I'll be coming from Boston too. I actually find it easier and cheaper to fly to DL vs. WDW. and given the time change, no trouble getting up early for the races

What day is everyone coming? Im not racing this weekend ( I am running Disneyland half weekend in September and possibly super hero weekend in November) but my mom and I always go the second week of may. We will be in the parks the 9th and 10th and leaving on the 11th...might make a pitstop on thursday to the expo before we head to the airport =)

What day is everyone coming? Im not racing this weekend ( I am running Disneyland half weekend in September and possibly super hero weekend in November) but my mom and I always go the second week of may. We will be in the parks the 9th and 10th and leaving on the 11th...might make a pitstop on thursday to the expo before we head to the airport =)

Friday! So there will already be people wearing 5k medals by the time we arrive. I bet you will get low-ish crowds on those days you are going (at least lower than during the official race days!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter