Official 2017 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend (Jan 12th - 15th, 2017)

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
2016's race is officially over & time to start planning 2017!

Where: Disneyland Resort
When: January 12th - 15th, 2017

runDisney Health & Fitness Expo

Disneyland® Hotel Exhibit Hall

Thursday, January 12, 2017
Friday, January 13, 2017
Saturday, January 14, 2017

Star Wars5K

Disneyland® Resort
Friday, January 13, 2017
Start Time: 5:30 a.m.

Star Wars10K

Disneyland® Resort

runDisney Kids Races presented by GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce on the Go

Downtown Disney® District near ESPN® Zone
Start Time: 9:00 a.m.

Star Wars Half Marathon

Disneyland® Resort
Sunday, January 15, 2017

Star Wars Rebel Challenge

Disneyland® Resort
Saturday, January 14, 2017 & Sunday, January 15, 2017

Entry Fees and Deadlines*

Star Wars Half Marathon
$185

Star Wars
Rebel Challenge

$330

Star Wars 10K
$120

Star Wars 5K
$80

runDisney Kids Races presented by GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce on the Go
$20

Last edited:
My husband & I are planning on doing the Rebel Challenge for the 3rd year - hopefully we have luck during sign ups, if not, we'll go through a Travel Agent. We are planning on staying at the Disneyland Hotel this time so we can make our official judgment among all 3 Disneyland hotels. No 5K this year - rather save our legs a bit!

Plan to forego the wine and dine this year so I can go to WDW for the Darkside and get the Kessel run

Husband and I are in for the Rebel Challenge! :D

Our first Star Wars race.. we opted to do Rock n Roll Arizona this year instead.

Plan to forego the wine and dine this year so I can go to WDW for the Darkside and get the Kessel run

Nice! We are planning trying to maintain legacy for both light side & dark side & Kessel Runs. We'll see what happens!

Husband and I are in for the Rebel Challenge! :D

Our first Star Wars race.. we opted to do Rock n Roll Arizona this year instead.

How was Rock'n'Roll Arizona?

How was Rock'n'Roll Arizona?

Awesome! It was my first half marathon and first Rock N Roll race... no complaints except for the big hill at mile 9. My time is a bit slow for a Disney race (3:39), but I think as I do about 20 more of these over the year that I'll be sub-three hours in no time. (Tour pass is such a great investment - $500 for unlimited races. Yes please!)

Hoping to do the Rebel Challenge for the 3rd year in a row!

I will at least do the Half. My problem is that 1/13 is DH's 40th bday and he does not go on race vacations with us. We already talked about it and he says he's fine with me going but I have some guilt about it. 40 is a big bday to miss. But one of my friends just suggested that I throw him a surprise 40th bday party the weekend before! That would totally surprise him as he wouldn't be expecting anything a week early AND it would alleviate my guilt of not being there on his actual bday!

Awesome! It was my first half marathon and first Rock N Roll race... no complaints except for the big hill at mile 9. My time is a bit slow for a Disney race (3:39), but I think as I do about 20 more of these over the year that I'll be sub-three hours in no time. (Tour pass is such a great investment - $500 for unlimited races. Yes please!)

What is this about Tour Pass? I haven't heard about that before! 3:39 is a fine time for your first half marathon! Star Wars at Disneyland is pretty much flat which is awesome.

I did the inaugural last year and am hoping to at least do the half (if not the challenge) and then do the Dark Side weekend as well because I need that Kessel Run medal in my life. :)

The Kessel Run Medal is awesome! I'm guessing more people will be trying for that next year since it was announced after this race was sold out for 2015.

I'm planning on this! Hoping to do Rebel Challenge!

Welcome!

Hoping to do the Rebel Challenge for the 3rd year in a row!

I will at least do the Half. My problem is that 1/13 is DH's 40th bday and he does not go on race vacations with us. We already talked about it and he says he's fine with me going but I have some guilt about it. 40 is a big bday to miss. But one of my friends just suggested that I throw him a surprise 40th bday party the weekend before! That would totally surprise him as he wouldn't be expecting anything a week early AND it would alleviate my guilt of not being there on his actual bday!

Are you working on maintaining legacy too?

The party the weekend before is a good idea and you can always send him off on his on guy trip for his 40th? Would that interest him?

What is this about Tour Pass? I haven't heard about that before! 3:39 is a fine time for your first half marathon! Star Wars at Disneyland is pretty much flat which is awesome.

Tour Pass is Rock N Roll Marathon's unlimited race purchase option. You pay $500 (including the 1 time processing fee) and you can run as many 5K, 10k, HM, and M races as you want for the entire year. I think we're doing 22 half marathons this year, plus a slew of 5K and 10K races -- bringing our total cost per race registration down to $12.50 per race :)

It's a good way to work on time and build up that speed/endurance. I figure by the end of the year that my body will be ready for the Star Wars Challenge, Princess Challenge, Tinkerbell Half and Dark Side Half.

Are you working on maintaining legacy too?

The party the weekend before is a good idea and you can always send him off on his on guy trip for his 40th? Would that interest him?

Yes, my goal is to maintain legacy! Plus I truly do love this race weekend. Its my favorite. And you're totally right. I'll have the kids with me so he'll be free to do whatever he wants with the guys that weekend. I think it will actually work out pretty well doing the party the weekend before and letting him have a guys weekend the weekend of his bday!

My husband & I are planning on doing the Rebel Challenge for the 3rd year - hopefully we have luck during sign ups, if not, we'll go through a Travel Agent. We are planning on staying at the Disneyland Hotel this time so we can make our official judgment among all 3 Disneyland hotels. No 5K this year - rather save our legs a bit!

We stayed at DLH for the races last month and I don't imagine we'll stay anywhere else! We were in the Adventure Tower and the start was practically right outside our door. I'm grumbling about the Dark Side in April, how we'll have to take the buses to get where we need to go and we can't rely on our own feet and schedule.

Does anyone have any photos of the commemorative stuff they bought for this years Light or Dark side half? We signed up too late to get anything (all sold out) but im curious what the bundles and pins look like.

Does anyone have any photos of the commemorative stuff they bought for this years Light or Dark side half? We signed up too late to get anything (all sold out) but im curious what the bundles and pins look like.

Zb6IT1g.jpg

The front of the jacket!

Zb6IT1g.jpg

The front of the jacket!

NICE. I keep trying to google photos of this stuff and look on instagram but I just keep seeing mugs and things from the expo (I think). the dark side in april is my first rundisney event so I'm curious about all the swag :)

I'll try to remember to take pics of my pin bundle when I get home.

I had a blast this year and am thinking about doing all three races again.

Alot will depend as I have decided to do the Dopey challenge the week before so will make a call closer to the time if I want to do back to back Dopey and then Rebel Challenge.

Does anyone know when registration begins for this race or how to go through a travel agent for sure? This is my first year getting into the Disney races and I want the Kessel run soooooo bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter