"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there last year on sept 2. We found it insanely crowded. Much more than 4 yrs ago beginning sept. We left actually as for "party " crowds we were frustrated at the lines. Most rides were 30 min plus. Not worth it. We said this year forget it. Though the 25 th aug. We might reconsider as my DH is still in Florida and it's cheaper than a one day ticket.

Four years ago would put you at 2012 or maybe 2013 and Fall season has changed dramatically at WDW. It used to be one of the best time to travel due to "Low Crowds" which sadly is no longer the case.

@Disneylover99 spent a great deal of time last year reporting back during the first MNSSHP 2016. Her information greatly appreciated by fellow DISer's was consistent with others.

Although if you don't use your 3 fastpasses elsewhere that day you can try and make some from 4-7pm.

@oceanmarina and @KAT4DISNEY
Fastpass end time on party nights was 6:30pm anyone who had a 7pm end time was cancelled.
so you're FP would look like this:
3:30 - 4:30
4:30 - 5:30
5:30 - 6:30

EDIT: This information can also be found on Page 1
Are FP+ Reservations available during the party?
  • No, there are no FP+ reservations in the park after the 7 p.m. start of the party. You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:30pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:30pm), before the party officially begins. The good news is that most attraction lines will be short enough during the party that you won’t miss FP+ reservations much.

Four years ago would put you at 2012 or maybe 2013 and Fall season has changed dramatically at WDW. It used to be one of the best time to travel due to "Low Crowds" which sadly is no longer the case.

@Disneylover99 spent a great deal of time last year reporting back during the first MNSSHP 2016. Her information greatly appreciated by fellow DISer's was consistent with others.

It really is all about perception. If you're talking about crowds walking around, I can see where someone might feel like it's crowded. To me it's because fewer people were waiting in line at rides and more people are waiting outside in long lines for character meet and greets. Pathways can get clogged. Lines were also long for candy, but these lines moved really fast. Again, long lines clog pathways, giving the illusion of huge crowds.

I just couldn't believe how empty it was during the fireworks and parades in comparison to a sold out party. That's when I realized how uncrowded it really was.

It really is all about perception. If you're talking about crowds walking around, I can see where someone might feel like it's crowded. To me it's because fewer people were waiting in line at rides and more people are waiting outside in long lines for character meet and greets. Pathways can get clogged. Lines were also long for candy, but these lines moved really fast. Again, long lines clog pathways, giving the illusion of huge crowds.

I just couldn't believe how empty it was during the fireworks and parades in comparison to a sold out party. That's when I realized how uncrowded it really was.

What is the deal with the candy lines? Are there just designated 'lines' where they give out candy and you just stand and wait? And if you don't mind me asking, how long of a wait is 'long'?

What is the deal with the candy lines? Are there just designated 'lines' where they give out candy and you just stand and wait? And if you don't mind me asking, how long of a wait is 'long'?
Yes, there are treat stations set up all around the park. We've never waited more than 5 minutes to get candy, and most of that was spent weaving through the queue. And we've done sold out parties.

The candy lines are designated areas throughout the park and while when you go up to them it might "seem" long, it really is not. The line really keeps moving the whole time and you get through them very fast. We normally double back through. It is very easy to fill up your candy bags pretty fast.

Yes, there are treat stations set up all around the park. We've never waited more than 5 minutes to get candy, and most of that was spent weaving through the queue. And we've done sold out parties.

Awesome, thank you! Just wondering if I have to take into account the weight of her candy stash when getting on an airplane or through security. And if so, some kid is going to be happy to have all that candy left behind for them. LOL.

Awesome, thank you! Just wondering if I have to take into account the weight of her candy stash when getting on an airplane or through security. And if so, some kid is going to be happy to have all that candy left behind for them. LOL.
We left a very nice treat bag behind for housekeeping! This was our 2 night haul!
IMG_4630.JPG

Best money I ever spent was on a portable luggage scale. I spent less than $10 on it, and it's been a lifesaver!!

We left a very nice treat bag behind for housekeeping! This was our 2 night haul!
View attachment 230687

Best money I ever spent was on a portable luggage scale. I spent less than $10 on it, and it's been a lifesaver!!

OMG yeah that's not coming on a plane with us. LOL. Do you have a link for that luggage scale by chance please?

This. We went through many lines, some twice. DH asked us to stop going, too much candy, and how to get it all back on the plane. WHAT! Is there such a thing as too much candy? This was on a Sold Out Halloween night 2016. No trouble, lines could be long, but never more than a few minutes, most we just walked through.

And jumping ahead to another ToT station is a big no - no as you would be cutting in line of other guests.

What is the typical time frame that tickets will go on sale based on the when they release the dates? Trying to plan a trip for the weekend of 10/20 for a few days and my 180 day ADR window is only 13 days away. People going sooner are already in it. Not a huge deal because I can make the ADRs w/o tix, but I'm concerned about ticket availability on the days I'm wanting ADRs (ie..CRT on the 20th before the party). Should I be that concerned?

And jumping ahead to another ToT station is a big no - no as you would be cutting in line of other guests.

I'm assuming all the stations are far enough apart that there's clearly separate lines for each station? Otherwise I can't see why someone would cut a line?

Here's another question for you MNSSHP veterans -- daughter is going as Jack Skellington for party #1 on 9/19; and Periwinkle for party #2 on 9/24. I know Florida weather is hit/miss but would it be safe to assume she wouldn't be too cold in styles resembling tutus (with booty or bike shorts under) and racer back tank tops?

Here's another question for you MNSSHP veterans -- daughter is going as Jack Skellington for party #1 on 9/19; and Periwinkle for party #2 on 9/24. I know Florida weather is hit/miss but would it be safe to assume she wouldn't be too cold in styles resembling tutus (with booty or bike shorts under) and racer back tank tops?

Yes. I grew up in Florida. Even on Halloween itself it was rarely beneath 80' at night. It was often too hot to wear jeans or a full skirt costume. She'll be fine in a tank top/bike shorts in Sept. One warning: if it rains and she gets wet the AC might freeze her inside buildings like Philharmagic or Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter