• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Well that came out of no where considering no one is complaining about anything.

Oh crud my fellow September/October travelers.... just read on another site, big rumor that Splash Mountain is going down for refurb. Certain cast members were given notice today - August 28-Nov 16. We'll still say this is a rumor, but it's seeming likely as this site is pretty good with this stuff. :(

Hopefully it's not true!

I am SO GLAD we are going Aug 20th now. I don't know if could handle Splash Mountain being down! So sorry to those of you who it affects!

Oh crud my fellow September/October travelers.... just read on another site, big rumor that Splash Mountain is going down for refurb. Certain cast members were given notice today - August 28-Nov 16. We'll still say this is a rumor, but it's seeming likely as this site is pretty good with this stuff. :(

Hopefully it's not true!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! :sad:

For those that have done multiple MNSSHP in the same trip -- was one for character M&G and the other for parades? My DD doesn't really care about characters -- so she says -- but we thought doing 2 parties may be fun. Just wondering without character M&G it'll be a waste of $$ doing it a 2nd time

Hopefully it's not true!
That actually makes things easier for me. I'm not a huge fan, so one less FP to wrangle. :duck:

For those that have done multiple MNSSHP in the same trip -- was one for character M&G and the other for parades? My DD doesn't really care about characters -- so she says -- but we thought doing 2 parties may be fun. Just wondering without character M&G it'll be a waste of $$ doing it a 2nd time
We've done 2 parties twice and that's exactly what we did. One party focused on characters, the others the parade, fireworks and shows. Loved that it took the pressure off trying to "fit it all in" - PLUS, 2 costumes!!!! But if characters aren't a priority, the second party could just be for rides!!

We've done 2 parties twice and that's exactly what we did. One party focused on characters, the others the parade, fireworks and shows. Loved that it took the pressure off trying to "fit it all in" - PLUS, 2 costumes!!!!

If you took the characters out of the equation, could you have done and seen all the shows/parades/fireworks and still had time for a lot of rides?

Reason why we're thinking 2 parties is this WILL be the last time we're in Disney during the Halloween season so we don't want to miss anything!

If you took the characters out of the equation, could you have done and seen all the shows/parades/fireworks and still had time for a lot of rides?

In 2014 we did not see characters. We watched the first parade, then the fireworks. Were able to go on all the rides except Winnie The Pooh which broke down and Mine Train which we didn't try. Only wait was for Haunted Mansion and it was only about 15 minutes. Thunder Mountain we got to stay on twice. AND...we got candy. :)

I've done priority M&G then parade on one day on the second day I choose another priority M&G and did the parade from a totally different area on the route. It also depends on what you and yours want to get done at the party as well. Some go just for rides using their MNSSHP ticket. :confused3
There really is a lot to see and do.

We did two MNSSHP's two years ago when DS was 5. I loved doing two, put me in the camp of recomending it if possible. Perhaps blasphemous but we aren't into the charachters - not really a fan of the long waits. We love the other parts of the party.

When we did two, one party was our "real" party where we dressed up, did the parade, fireworks, most of the treat stations, a few rides, lot of photopasses, etc.

Our second party was our "casual" party with no costumes and pretty much spent the entire time on rides (and a few treat stations) to take advantage of the short waits. We had no set plan, just a totally casual evening. Being in the MK for a party and just focusing on the rides is still totally fun for us - the music and lighting are fun, the vibe of the party is great, seeing others in costume is always enjoyable. We stopped to watch the fireworks but didn't make it a point to be in a good spot. Didn't do the first parade but did catch some of the second on our way out. We covered SOOO many rides that night and had a blast, it was a great use of time/money. Not being in such a rush and being able to slow down and enjoy the atmosphere is a plus too.

Hard to do two parties now that DS is in real school, but I'm so glad we did it that year.

Just my perspective, hope that helps!

thank you! very helpful info all! I wonder if we did the party on Tuesday and didn't get enough in, if it would possibly be too late at that point to buy tickets for that Sunday? We're talking 9/19 & 9/24 so not sure the likelihood of either or both dates selling out in advance.

Would it be crazy to add a park ticket to use a MK the morning of a party, take a pool/resort break and return for MNSSHP? Would we get 3 FPs for our park tix to use that am and 3 FPs for the pArty 3:30-6:30? Anyone done this before?

Would it be crazy to add a park ticket to use a MK the morning of a party, take a pool/resort break and return for MNSSHP? Would we get 3 FPs for our park tix to use that am and 3 FPs for the pArty 3:30-6:30? Anyone done this before?

I sort of did this, but at the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party last December. I have an AP, but had purchased a 2 day park hopper ticket for my father. We went to MK the morning of the Christmas Party. We didn't leave, but I don't see a problem with you leaving and coming back later. When you come back in, if you come in at or after 4pm, then you would just use your MNSSHP ticket. But if before that time, just use your normal ticket for re-entry. Then you would just need to go get the wristband at one of the locations set up in the park. My father and I went to Tomorrowland, near Buzz Lightyear to get our wristband for the MVMCP.

As for the FP+, you get 3 FP+. Then you just start scheduling them one after another. I do not recall seeing any option to schedule 3 additional FP+ just because I had purchased the event ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter