"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be crazy to add a park ticket to use a MK the morning of a party, take a pool/resort break and return for MNSSHP? Would we get 3 FPs for our park tix to use that am and 3 FPs for the pArty 3:30-6:30? Anyone done this before?
As for the FP+, you get 3 FP+. Then you just start scheduling them one after another. I do not recall seeing any option to schedule 3 additional FP+ just because I had purchased the event ticket.

You can only schedule FP+ per day, even if you have a ticket and an event ticket for that day. The only workaround is having a second MDE profile set up for each party attendee, and attaching the party ticket to that.

I sort of did this, but at the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party last December. I have an AP, but had purchased a 2 day park hopper ticket for my father. We went to MK the morning of the Christmas Party. We didn't leave, but I don't see a problem with you leaving and coming back later. When you come back in, if you come in at or after 4pm, then you would just use your MNSSHP ticket. But if before that time, just use your normal ticket for re-entry. Then you would just need to go get the wristband at one of the locations set up in the park. My father and I went to Tomorrowland, near Buzz Lightyear to get our wristband for the MVMCP.

As for the FP+, you get 3 FP+. Then you just start scheduling them one after another. I do not recall seeing any option to schedule 3 additional FP+ just because I had purchased the event ticket.
I didn't even think about re-entering early. Thanks for the tips!

You can only schedule FP+ per day, even if you have a ticket and an event ticket for that day. The only workaround is having a second MDE profile set up for each party attendee, and attaching the party ticket to that.
Thanks! How easy is it to set up different MDE profile for party tix?

Oh crud my fellow September/October travelers.... just read on another site, big rumor that Splash Mountain is going down for refurb. Certain cast members were given notice today - August 28-Nov 16. We'll still say this is a rumor, but it's seeming likely as this site is pretty good with this stuff. :(

Hopefully it's not true!
Ack!! We arrive the 26th, so worst case I guess we get one chance to get a ride on there before it goes down. I know that there always has to something down for refurb and this is the lower crowd time, so it makes sense. It's a different headliner or two every year.

If you attach party tixs to a different MDE account than the one you're traveling with, do you get to book FP 60 days out, or its 30? Or not in advance at all?

Ah you guys are making me want to do two parties!!!

Our trip is Thurs-Mon. We'll probably arrive too late Thursday to do a party since it's a 6-7 hr drive and I was planning to drive after school that day. (He has Fri and Mon off that weekend. And even though it's only preschool I'm taking him out for 3 other trips that school year!)

Then Sunday evening I was going to send DS to Lilo's Playhouse while I went to check out F&W.
Should I skip that in favor of a second party?
Or do F&W early in the day on Fri, Sat, or Sun with DS? (He's 4 so his patience for food booths will be short..)
I'm terrified of crowds at F&W Sat night so was planning to do Pirates and Pals on Saturday.

Thanks! How easy is it to set up different MDE profile for party tix?

In theory it should be easy, but I've had trouble setting up a second profile for DH so I can make overlapping dining reservations until the party dates come out. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and gave up. My TA set up my profile originally, and made DH and DD profiles that don't have a log in other than mine, but every time I try to set up DH it tells me the email address is in use on another Disney account.
If you attach party tixs to a different MDE account than the one you're traveling with, do you get to book FP 60 days out, or its 30? Or not in advance at all?
It would be 30 days because there's no hotel reservation attached to it. There might be a workaround with connecting profiles as friends and family, but I don't know how it works if all profiles aren't using the same FPs. I'm sure someone else more familiar with doing a workaround knows, but I'd just be happy with being able to get 2 sets of FPs in the same day and leave it at that.

In theory it should be easy, but I've had trouble setting up a second profile for DH so I can make overlapping dining reservations until the party dates come out. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and gave up. My TA set up my profile originally, and made DH and DD profiles that don't have a log in other than mine, but every time I try to set up DH it tells me the email address is in use on another Disney account.

It would be 30 days because there's no hotel reservation attached to it. There might be a workaround with connecting profiles as friends and family, but I don't know how it works if all profiles aren't using the same FPs. I'm sure someone else more familiar with doing a workaround knows, but I'd just be happy with being able to get 2 sets of FPs in the same day and leave it at that.

I've been thinking about doing this too, but wasn't sure if it was ok to discuss on the forums. When you say another profile, do you mean just adding a new "fake" person for each ticket? I also thought about setting up a whole other MDE account but it seems like it would be easier just to have the "fake" profile or people in the same account.

It's kind of a bummer not to be able to book the FP's 60 days out, but I was just thinking of these as bonus FP's and using our normal tickets for a different park in the morning. Probably EP since there are so several rides we'd like to FP that and with Tiering it's hard to get them all in.

@prettypatchesmsu - There you are! I was wondering when you'd show up!
Haha! Hi there!!! :thumbsup2 Yes, I've been lurking :teleport: I'm excited for MNSSHP this year! Starting to think of our costumes and what I will make. Think I'm going to keep it pretty simple this year. Especially where we are going in early September, HOT! Hubby has already said this year he wants to be Tigger. We normally do a couple themed costume type thing, (Mike/Sulley, Kevin/Russell) but I'm not sure yet if I want to be Eeyore or not. Love him, but I might do Belle. I wanted him to be the Beast, but nope. So basically I'm choosing between Eeyore or Belle.

We loved the Dessert party last year, but going to skip it this year to save some money. Also only doing one party, but totally recommend 2 parties to anyone who can. Fantastic to be able to have that much time to do everything that way.

Oh crud my fellow September/October travelers.... just read on another site, big rumor that Splash Mountain is going down for refurb. Certain cast members were given notice today - August 28-Nov 16. We'll still say this is a rumor, but it's seeming likely as this site is pretty good with this stuff. :(

Hopefully it's not true!
Oh wow, not too happy about this. But Big Thunder was down for us last year, so I'm assuming if Splash is down then we might get to ride BTM then.

Do you have to buy tickets in advance or can we buy day of? Last MNSSHP we ordered tickets the day they came out. I looked forward to it for months. It started pouring around 6 and never stopped. No parade. No show. Me and my 2 year old just ran around in ponchos and got to ride a few rides and Meet Mickey with no wait. I don't really feel like it was worth the price of the ticket though. I just wasn't sure if I should go ahead and order when they go on sale.

And we will be going on Sept 19th. No crazy Halloween night.

I've been thinking about doing this too, but wasn't sure if it was ok to discuss on the forums. When you say another profile, do you mean just adding a new "fake" person for each ticket? I also thought about setting up a whole other MDE account but it seems like it would be easier just to have the "fake" profile or people in the same account.

It's kind of a bummer not to be able to book the FP's 60 days out, but I was just thinking of these as bonus FP's and using our normal tickets for a different park in the morning. Probably EP since there are so several rides we'd like to FP that and with Tiering it's hard to get them all in.
You can simply add "family" members and assign the tickets to them-"they" will be allowed 3 FP just like you. Since they won't have a hotel reservation you can't book FP for them at 60 days independently. I believe if you book your FP and include them it will allow you to book for them at 60 days but then you will have to modify your picks to what you actually want. I think you should be able to modify your picks to a different park once you initially book MK fast passes together (in order to get the FP with the MNSSHP tickets and no hotel reservation)

Do you have to buy tickets in advance or can we buy day of? Last MNSSHP we ordered tickets the day they came out. I looked forward to it for months. It started pouring around 6 and never stopped. No parade. No show. Me and my 2 year old just ran around in ponchos and got to ride a few rides and Meet Mickey with no wait. I don't really feel like it was worth the price of the ticket though. I just wasn't sure if I should go ahead and order when they go on sale.

And we will be going on Sept 19th. No crazy Halloween night.
You can buy day of if there are tickets available. Only a few days actually sold out last year. The year before last year there were several sell outs.

You can simply add "family" members and assign the tickets to them-"they" will be allowed 3 FP just like you. Since they won't have a hotel reservation you can't book FP for them at 60 days independently. I believe if you book your FP and include them it will allow you to book for them at 60 days but then you will have to modify your picks to what you actually want. I think you should be able to modify your picks to a different park once you initially book MK fast passes together (in order to get the FP with the MNSSHP tickets and no hotel reservation)

This is from the SDFP thread. There are a few other points there about using phantom profiles for an extra set of FP. If you're going to give it a whirl, be sure you understand all the finer points!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747/
On the SDFP thread, scroll to the bottom of the first post to the section in a red font which describes using party tickets to book a second set of FP. Below is the section that applies to the "umbrella function" that opens the 60 day window for the phantom guests.

How do I get the 60 day resort guest window to umbrella over my profiles of ticketed phantoms?

You can prebook FP 60 days in advance for phantom profiles with party tickets, but it gets a little tricky.

The 60 day booking window can umbrella out from the guests on the resort reservation to the ticketed phantoms who are without a resort reservation. To do this, when you make your FP choices, you must toggle at least one person from the resort reservation in the group with ticketed phantoms who are not on the resort reservation. The system won't offer you choices at 60 days for a group of only non-resort guests. (A ticketed profile is one with a ticket linked to it - this is a profile entitled to prebook FP. In this scenario, the first set of people have park hoppers or APs. The phantoms have party tickets.) Don't worry - this won't end up having any effect on any FP you've already booked for the resort guests.

Once you've toggled a resort guest along with any ticketed phantoms, you'll be offered choices up to 60 days out. If the resort guest you've toggled already has a set of FP, you'll be prompted to remove that resort guest from the booking group. Go ahead and click on "remove." Your phantoms will still be permitted to proceed with the 60 day window. Really.

You can also do this if you're traveling with friends who are misguidedly staying off property.

Does this violate Disney's Terms of Service (TOS)?
No. Disney asks guests to agree to enter the park with the ticket they used to prebook FP. Since you will enter the party with the ticket that entitled you to prebook FP on the party day, you are in full compliance with the TOS.

Can I make changes to the FP for the phantoms?
You can make changes to the phantom FP just as you can change any other FP, though it will be impossible to move the phantom FP to any day other than the day of the party - and impossible to book for any park other than the MK. You can change the FP immediately after booking and without the presence of a resort guest in the FP group. The only thing that could make the FP fall off the profiles, once booked, would be if you reassigned the party tickets away from the phantoms.

I don't quite get this umbrella thing.
So let's say you have John, Susan, Timmy, and Daisy on the resort reservation (and with ticketed profiles on your MDE). On the same MDE, you have set up ticketed phantoms Mickey, Minnie, Buzz, and Belle. (There is no limit to the number of people you can add to your MDE. Though of course there is a limit to the number of people you can add to your reservation.)

Now you want one set of three FP for each foursome (representing one real foursome, of course - enjoying the luxury of six prebooked FP per day for each guest). But you can only prebook for the ticketed phantoms at 60 days out if you include at least one person from John & Co's group (since they're on the reservation).

Click to select new FP and toggle Mickey, Minnie, Buzz, and Belle -- and also John. (Without John or one of the other resort guests, Mickey & Co. can only get FP at 30 days, not 60.) So you prebook FP for that group of five people. Once that's done, go back in and cancel John's FP. The FP for Mickey and his family won't be affected. Now prebook FP for John, Susan, Timmy, and Daisy. (You can also prebook for the real profiles first, then prebook for the phantoms, including (then removing, when prompted) John (or any of the others). You'll end up with two sets of FP (six per person) booked in advance for those four people. It's good to remember-- once the three FP are booked for the non-resort guest phantoms, you can modify those three FP without a resort guest needing to be toggled as part of the FP group.

Anything I should be aware of?
Remember that you can't enter the park for the party with your MagicBand if the ticket is linked to a separate phantom profile. You have to use the plastic ticket card to enter the party. Of course, you also will need the plastic ticket card to access your second set of FP. If you forget to bring the cards, just go into your MDE and transfer the party entitlements to your real profiles so you can enter with your MBs. You'll lose the extra set of FP, but oh well. If you have a set of SDFP phantoms, you could also reassign the party tickets to those profiles and use the SDFP phantom bands or cards to enter the party (and access the FP). You'd have to forego SDFP, but oh well. The prebooked FP will be far better.

This is from the SDFP thread. There are a few other points there about using phantom profiles for an extra set of FP. If you're going to give it a whirl, be sure you understand all the finer points!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747/
On the SDFP thread, scroll to the bottom of the first post to the section in a red font which describes using party tickets to book a second set of FP. Below is the section that applies to the "umbrella function" that opens the 60 day window for the phantom guests.

How do I get the 60 day resort guest window to umbrella over my profiles of ticketed phantoms?

You can prebook FP 60 days in advance for phantom profiles with party tickets, but it gets a little tricky.

The 60 day booking window can umbrella out from the guests on the resort reservation to the ticketed phantoms who are without a resort reservation. To do this, when you make your FP choices, you must toggle at least one person from the resort reservation in the group with ticketed phantoms who are not on the resort reservation. The system won't offer you choices at 60 days for a group of only non-resort guests. (A ticketed profile is one with a ticket linked to it - this is a profile entitled to prebook FP. In this scenario, the first set of people have park hoppers or APs. The phantoms have party tickets.) Don't worry - this won't end up having any effect on any FP you've already booked for the resort guests.

Once you've toggled a resort guest along with any ticketed phantoms, you'll be offered choices up to 60 days out. If the resort guest you've toggled already has a set of FP, you'll be prompted to remove that resort guest from the booking group. Go ahead and click on "remove." Your phantoms will still be permitted to proceed with the 60 day window. Really.

You can also do this if you're traveling with friends who are misguidedly staying off property.

Does this violate Disney's Terms of Service (TOS)?
No. Disney asks guests to agree to enter the park with the ticket they used to prebook FP. Since you will enter the party with the ticket that entitled you to prebook FP on the party day, you are in full compliance with the TOS.

Can I make changes to the FP for the phantoms?
You can make changes to the phantom FP just as you can change any other FP, though it will be impossible to move the phantom FP to any day other than the day of the party - and impossible to book for any park other than the MK. You can change the FP immediately after booking and without the presence of a resort guest in the FP group. The only thing that could make the FP fall off the profiles, once booked, would be if you reassigned the party tickets away from the phantoms.

I don't quite get this umbrella thing.
So let's say you have John, Susan, Timmy, and Daisy on the resort reservation (and with ticketed profiles on your MDE). On the same MDE, you have set up ticketed phantoms Mickey, Minnie, Buzz, and Belle. (There is no limit to the number of people you can add to your MDE. Though of course there is a limit to the number of people you can add to your reservation.)

Now you want one set of three FP for each foursome (representing one real foursome, of course - enjoying the luxury of six prebooked FP per day for each guest). But you can only prebook for the ticketed phantoms at 60 days out if you include at least one person from John & Co's group (since they're on the reservation).

Click to select new FP and toggle Mickey, Minnie, Buzz, and Belle -- and also John. (Without John or one of the other resort guests, Mickey & Co. can only get FP at 30 days, not 60.) So you prebook FP for that group of five people. Once that's done, go back in and cancel John's FP. The FP for Mickey and his family won't be affected. Now prebook FP for John, Susan, Timmy, and Daisy. (You can also prebook for the real profiles first, then prebook for the phantoms, including (then removing, when prompted) John (or any of the others). You'll end up with two sets of FP (six per person) booked in advance for those four people. It's good to remember-- once the three FP are booked for the non-resort guest phantoms, you can modify those three FP without a resort guest needing to be toggled as part of the FP group.

Anything I should be aware of?
Remember that you can't enter the park for the party with your MagicBand if the ticket is linked to a separate phantom profile. You have to use the plastic ticket card to enter the party. Of course, you also will need the plastic ticket card to access your second set of FP. If you forget to bring the cards, just go into your MDE and transfer the party entitlements to your real profiles so you can enter with your MBs. You'll lose the extra set of FP, but oh well. If you have a set of SDFP phantoms, you could also reassign the party tickets to those profiles and use the SDFP phantom bands or cards to enter the party (and access the FP). You'd have to forego SDFP, but oh well. The prebooked FP will be far better.
Wow! thanks so much for the info! What about linking 6 extra MBs that are not being used for the rest of the trip. Will the extra MBs work just like the plastic ticket for the party?

Wow! thanks so much for the info! What about linking 6 extra MBs that are not being used for the rest of the trip. Will the extra MBs work just like the plastic ticket for the party?

These 6 extra MBs are probably already linked to profiles, right? If so, they can't be reassigned. If they're linked to phantom profiles and the plastic tickets for the party are linked to the same profiles, then the bands would be clones of the cards. But that's probably not what you mean?

I could be misunderstanding the question but I think you are asking about using extra magic bands to make advance FP the way you can with the MNSSHP tickets? If so the answer is no. Only magic bands or plastic cards linked to a valid ticket entitlement (such as the Halloween party) would be able to use the instructions given above. There is the whole SDFP thread you can read about how to use magic bands that have no ticket entitlements tied to them to get fast passes at in park kiosks for the same day but you cannot make advance FP without a valid ticket.

Do you have to buy tickets in advance or can we buy day of? Last MNSSHP we ordered tickets the day they came out. I looked forward to it for months. It started pouring around 6 and never stopped. And we will be going on Sept 19th. No crazy Halloween night.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience last year, that must have been a big let down. I agree with @CMNJ "You can buy day of if there are tickets available." But I will add the following:

Once MNSSHP tickets become available to purchase I highly recommend checking the weather. Here's a link that goes out to ten days: Stay on top of it.
https://weather.com/weather/today/l/Orlando+FL+USFL0372:1:US

Also, look at the ticket prices, some will be high and some will be low and there is a reason for it. Here's what took place last year at MNSSHP 2016:

Q> Why was Sept. 25, 2016 party sold out?

A> “Typically Fridays are busier than Sundays, but pricing probably was a determining factor for most this year. Just a thought, nothing was ever confirmed, but the question was asked several times on this thread, a few bloggers speculated about the pricing of Friday, September 23rd ($85) and Sunday, September 25th ($72). Over a $10 difference and for larger families that could be a deal breaker.” @monique5

A> “Also, the 23rd was not a CM discounted night and the 25th was the last one. It's normal for that one to sell out.” @smitch425

My point being, just because the tickets were lower doesn't mean it's of Value. This park was busy on the 25th and those that attended on the 23rd felt less packed, I remember reading "rides were walk on".
Here's the link to the above Q&A posts:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...een-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/page-306

Best of luck!

These 6 extra MBs are probably already linked to profiles, right? If so, they can't be reassigned. If they're linked to phantom profiles and the plastic tickets for the party are linked to the same profiles, then the bands would be clones of the cards. But that's probably not what you mean?

Also read carefully regarding how all this affects Memory Maker, if this does not apply to you then you should be solid.

EDIT: For 2017 Memory Maker may not be affected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter