Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

I'm not worried about Irma as it pertains to my trip, but I am worried about this hurricane season in general. I've heard more than a few people say it's reminiscent of the 2004 hurricanes, which is scary! I'll be keeping all the locals in my prayers!
Definitely hoping that any other storms that form will just stay away from the US and the islands that just got smacked.

Is anybody freaking out about Irma? I don't go until 10/6, and I'M freaking about Irma. Also stressing that other hurricanes will follow her lead. )-; We missed Matthew by a hair last year.
Well...since I live in the Orlando area I'm anxious about the storm but not really freaking out. Good news...it should only be a CAT 2 when it arrives in this area and I would rather have a 2 than a 4 any day. Bad news...it's still coming and will cause wide spread power outages and destruction. I've done everything I can think of to prepare so I guess I'm as ready as I'm going to be.

Well...since I live in the Orlando area I'm anxious about the storm but not really freaking out. Good news...it should only be a CAT 2 when it arrives in this area and I would rather have a 2 than a 4 any day. Bad news...it's still coming and will cause wide spread power outages and destruction. I've done everything I can think of to prepare so I guess I'm as ready as I'm going to be.
I'm glad you've prepared! I know a lot of people aren't taking it seriously. Sending good vibes and anti-hurricane thoughts your way!

Hey Ya'll! I have made late lunch reservations at Hard Rock Cafe on Sept. 22nd at 3PM, and also signed up for the HHN AP Early Entrance for that evening, does this sound like it will work time wise?
I have never been to HHN and this is my first year as a Pass Holder!
I have been reading all of the threads and am just trying to formulate a late lunch before entering the park early, that does not put me behind in the crowds!

I was interested in the Scare Actor Dining, but I am afraid it will interfere with time as well. Anyone have any input? :)

Hey Ya'll! I have made late lunch reservations at Hard Rock Cafe on Sept. 22nd at 3PM, and also signed up for the HHN AP Early Entrance for that evening, does this sound like it will work time wise?
I have never been to HHN and this is my first year as a Pass Holder!
I have been reading all of the threads and am just trying to formulate a late lunch before entering the park early, that does not put me behind in the crowds!

I was interested in the Scare Actor Dining, but I am afraid it will interfere with time as well. Anyone have any input? :)
There are several posters who have done the Scareactor dining...some have posted pictures as well.

I think the AP early entrance would be OK but you can also get into the park before it closes to use one of the holding areas.

Sorry everyone, I think I have asked this question before and I forgot. If I purchase a frequent fear pass, do I need to make reservations or anything? What happens if a night sells out and I want to use my pass? Am I able?

Sorry everyone, I think I have asked this question before and I forgot. If I purchase a frequent fear pass, do I need to make reservations or anything? What happens if a night sells out and I want to use my pass? Am I able?
Your ticket will be honored since it's a multiple night ticket. The single night tickets will be the ones turned away if it's too full.

I always like to try to re-watch or watch all the HHN related movies/shows. This is the list I'm coming up for this HHN, am I missing anything?

The Shining
Trick r Treat
AHS: which seasons?
Saw
The Purge
Ash versus the Evil Dead (I did watch the first episode, I figure that is good enough)

I always like to try to re-watch or watch all the HHN related movies/shows. This is the list I'm coming up for this HHN, am I missing anything?

The Shining
Trick r Treat
Saw
The Purge
Ash versus the Evil Dead (I did watch the first episode, I figure that is good enough)
Focus on The Purge: Anarchy instead of the first one. And it's seasons 2, 3 and 6 for AHS!

Focus on The Purge: Anarchy instead of the first one. And it's seasons 2, 3 and 6 for AHS!

Hmm, so Asylum, Coven and Roanoke. Unfortunately I've only seen Coven. Which was actually one of the seasons that made me give up on AHS, ahhaha.

That's interesting about the Purge. I think I'll have to watch both then because I've never seen any of them.

The Shining
Trick r Treat
Saw
The Purge

Complete list:

Houses:
- American Horror Story: Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke
- The Shining
- Ash vs. Evil Dead (2 seasons) -- could also watch Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness if being a complete purist
- Saw 1-7 (the house is supposedly a "best of" murders from all the movies)
- The Blumhouse House:
---The Purge (supposedly the house focuses on the home invasion from the first movie)
---Insidious (I believe it only includes the first film; there's also Insidious 2 and Insidious 3)
---Sinister (there's also a Sinister 2; I'm thinking probably only the first will be included)

ScareZones:
- Trick r Treat
- The Purge 2 and 3 (the scare zones will reflect more of the actual in-the-streets Purge, which is what these 2 movies are about)

Hmm, so Asylum, Coven and Roanoke. Unfortunately I've only seen Coven. Which was actually one of the seasons that made me give up on AHS, ahhaha.

That's interesting about the Purge. I think I'll have to watch both then because I've never seen any of them.
Asylum is amazing. Murder House, Freak Show and Hotel were last year. Murder house will forever be my favorite season. But I hope next year focuses on Cult! I'd love to see freaky clowns and Hilary/Trumps everywhere.

There's 3 Purge films! I surprisingly like the second and third way more than the first. Probably because it's in the streets, and not just in one location.

Hello again! So here's the deal. We are going for the first time. Hubby will not do any add ons like express passes or tours :duck: because of that; he likes to suffer the worst first :rolleyes:. We are not horror fans and have only seen the Shining :duck:. Naturally I will make that house my priority. I will follow the buzz from this weekend to see which other houses to focus on. My question: Do we really need to see any of the other movies? Will we fail to 'get' it if we don't?

Hello again! So here's the deal. We are going for the first time. Hubby will not do any add ons like express passes or tours :duck: because of that; he likes to suffer the worst first :rolleyes:. We are not horror fans and have only seen the Shining :duck:. Naturally I will make that house my priority. I will follow the buzz from this weekend to see which other houses to focus on. My question: Do we really need to see any of the other movies? Will we fail to 'get' it if we don't?
If you're not horror fans, then I don't recommend the movies. But it's so cool to see the movies, and then see how Universal brings them to life! If you decide to watch the movies, I recommend:

Trick R Treat
The Purge (all 3)
SAW (just the first one, the others aren't too great)
AHS seasons 2,3 and 6 (if you have time! All seasons are on Netflix besides 6)
Ash Vs. Evil Dead (I haven't watched this, so I'll have to read a synopsis atleast)
Blumhouse (Sinister and Insidious, plus The Purge. I'm sure they're focusing mostly on the first Sinister, although I'd love to see both brought to life. Insidious has 3 films, and they're all terrifying and great. Not sure what will be based in the house!)

You've seen The Shining and the other houses are originals! I personally don't think you need to watch the movies before you go, but I do believe it's a bonus. And make sure to check out the shows - Academy of Villains and Bill and Ted! They're great shows that kind of break up the horror.

Have an amazing time! I'm so ready to be there.

I completely agree on Coven - I didn't love that season. I also couldn't get into Roanoke last year. I watched an episode or 2 and DVR'd the whole season. It has sat on my DVR for a year. Finally a week ago I forced myself to watch it so I could free up that space, and I totally loved it! Now I don't want to delete it because I want to re-watch it. I think at first it turned me off because it is so different in the way it is being told, but that ends up being the genius of it!

Hubs and I will be there on the 21st & 22nd for our very first HHN...can't wait!!!

It's a need, not a want, to watch the original :worship:Evil Dead & The Shining::yes::

I've yet to sit thru a season of AHS, I've tried lol. Was able to enjoy the previous house well enough after getting a cliff note description.

JMHO but all the houses need to be able to stand alone, being a fan of the back story & picking up on the various details, is a bonus.

If you're not horror fans, then I don't recommend the movies. But it's so cool to see the movies, and then see how Universal brings them to life! If you decide to watch the movies, I recommend:

Trick R Treat
The Purge (all 3)
SAW (just the first one, the others aren't too great)
AHS seasons 2,3 and 6 (if you have time! All seasons are on Netflix besides 6)
Ash Vs. Evil Dead (I haven't watched this, so I'll have to read a synopsis atleast)
Blumhouse (Sinister and Insidious, plus The Purge. I'm sure they're focusing mostly on the first Sinister, although I'd love to see both brought to life. Insidious has 3 films, and they're all terrifying and great. Not sure what will be based in the house!)

You've seen The Shining and the other houses are originals! I personally don't think you need to watch the movies before you go, but I do believe it's a bonus. And make sure to check out the shows - Academy of Villains and Bill and Ted! They're great shows that kind of break up the horror.

Have an amazing time! I'm so ready to be there.
Thank you for your insight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter