Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

Yes, scare zones are in the open walk through (like walking from one section of the park to the other). No lines.

Houses there will be lines to wait to get in.

RIP (Rest in Peace tour). There is a Public RIP and Private RIP VIP Tour.

If you go to Universal Orlando website you will be able to see all the info on HHN. It's has everything.

Public RIP tour cost depends on the day you go as to the cost. The price is also on the website.
Included in your tour is a tour lanyard, walk the red carpet at LaBamba Cafe and enjoy Halloween snacks before the tour starts, you will be with a group of people about 10 - 12. You will have a tour guide who will take you to the front of the line in all the Haunted Houses.(no waiting in lines :)). You will have stops at a couple of private air conditioned cocktail lounges.

These tours are fantastic for people who are only going for one night and and want to get everything done without waiting in line.

Macraven taught me everything I know about HHN. I followed her direction last year and did the RIP Tour and Unmasking the Horror tour and It was worth every penny. My niece and I had a blast.

Last edited:
Thank you Macraven and Robo56.

It looks like I'm getting my Hollywood and Orlando info interwined.

One more question by a first timer. I suppose there are maps for the event at the entrances, but are there maps avaliable anywhere else?

the onsite hotels will have current hhn maps also

check online for hhn maps if you want to see the park set up before you go.

We are going next weekend and booked the morning Unmasking the Horror tour and we're curious as to what houses we would be seeing. Are they the same for every morning tour or do they change them up? If anyone has gone on this tour - what houses did you get to see? Thanks!

it will be the same morning and afternoon houses for all the uth tours.

only way they would have a change in them is if a house has destruction from weather is my guess.

morning tour has 3 houses and afternoon tour has 3 different houses for the tours.

i have been doing UTH since it started.
Absolutely love this tour..

booked mine the day they were released for am and pm

We went Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We had a great run at least once in every house.

The most consistently great houses, for us anyway, were Dead Waters and Scarecrow: The Reaping. Those two houses were excellent every time for us.

The Hive might have the least lighting we've ever experienced.

I hope people not familiar with the Evil Dead franchise get an opportunity to see the first episode of the Starz show (if not the whole two seasons). For fans, there's some great stuff in the house, and I think people unfamiliar with the material will still have fun.

As for scare zones, we really enjoyed Trick 'r Treat the most. Invasion and Festival of the Deadliest are fun too.

On opening night, they were using a new scanning system for the express passes. The new scanners were incredibly slow. I estimate we lost a cumulative hour over the course of the night due to the slow scanners. Thankfully, the old scanners were back Saturday and Sunday.

The HHN 27 team have really created a great event! Keeping in mind, every run through a house might not be timed great, we had many perfect runs, and almost all of our runs were good. Four thumbs up from us!

The most consistently great houses, for us anyway, were Dead Waters and Scarecrow: The Reaping. Those two houses were excellent every time for us.

On opening night, they were using a new scanning system for the express passes. The new scanners were incredibly slow. I estimate we lost a cumulative hour over the course of the night due to the slow scanners. Thankfully, the old scanners were back Saturday and Sunday.
I noticed the new scanners on Friday night and the multiple times the EP was scanned in each line. I guess they are cracking down on line jumpers. Did you notice if EPs were scanned multiple times? I thought the entrance to Scarecrow was a colossal cluster..it look probably 35 minutes in the Express line.

Loved Dead Waters...easily the best themed house. Thought I was going to fall when the floor sloped. Didn't really care for Scarecrow because of the "things" hanging down...made it hard to walk. I'm afraid of getting poked in the eye or something...the other houses were fine. I thought the smell of baby powder in AHS was way too strong...had to hold my breath.

Looking forward to returning Friday evening.

If we had our EP in a lanyard, would the TMs be able to scan them or do we have to take them out each time?

Going on Thursday with a large group of friends and I cannot wait. Just to clarify:
With only a HHN ticket, by being at the entrance before 5pm they allow us in and keep us in a corral inside? or is that just for APholders?
If we want to go to the Shining house first is there a specific corral for that one?
We will be there before 5pm since we want to make the best time, around what time do the houses open for people already inside?

Going on Thursday with a large group of friends and I cannot wait. Just to clarify:
With only a HHN ticket, by being at the entrance before 5pm they allow us in and keep us in a corral inside? or is that just for APholders?
If we want to go to the Shining house first is there a specific corral for that one?
We will be there before 5pm since we want to make the best time, around what time do the houses open for people already inside?
You can only do Stay And Scream if you have a daytime ticket to Universal AND a ticket to HHN the same day. I highly recommend it, especially if you don't have an express pass for the night!

I believe there is a specific SAS area for The Shining - maybe the Hello Kitty one?

And I think houses open around 5:30-5:45 for people in Stay And Scream.

You can only do Stay And Scream if you have a daytime ticket to Universal AND a ticket to HHN the same day. I highly recommend it, especially if you don't have an express pass for the night!

I believe there is a specific SAS area for The Shining - maybe the Hello Kitty one?

And I think houses open around 5:30-5:45 for people in Stay And Scream.
thanks for the prompt response. We have free tickets for HHN through TM friends and some of the people coming I will have to pick up from High School so we won't really need or can afford a day time ticket. I guess we will just make lines ;)

Are the houses and scare zones disability friendly? My husband will have a scooter. Will he need to park and walk? He has a lot of back pain if he stays on his feet for long.

Are the houses and scare zones disability friendly? My husband will have a scooter. Will he need to park and walk? He has a lot of back pain if he stays on his feet for long.
Scarezones are pretty decent, as far as disability friendliness. Houses definitely aren't, though. They're cramped and have sharp turns. He'll need to walk through those. Have an amazing time!

thanks for the prompt response. We have free tickets for HHN through TM friends and some of the people coming I will have to pick up from High School so we won't really need or can afford a day time ticket. I guess we will just make lines ;)
Free tickets would be amazing! I'm so jealous!

We went Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We had a great run at least once in every house.

The Hive might have the least lighting we've ever experienced.

I hope people not familiar with the Evil Dead franchise get an opportunity to see the first episode of the Starz show (if not the whole two seasons). For fans, there's some great stuff in the house, and I think people unfamiliar with the material will still have fun.

As for scare zones, we really enjoyed Trick 'r Treat the most. Invasion and Festival of the Deadliest are fun too.

The HHN 27 team have really created a great event! Keeping in mind, every run through a house might not be timed great, we had many perfect runs, and almost all of our runs were good. Four thumbs up from us!

I wish we felt the same.

First time in 10 years we are seriously disappointed in the event.

I've had some good scares, but it's awful we enjoyed the scare zones more than some of the houses. We made ourselves familiar with Evil Dead, but still big disappointment.

Spoke to 2 managers today and our friend who is a manger in the Studios and lots are saying the same thing......we are missing the icons of previous years.

Will go Friday night to do the couple of houses we missed, but may give it a miss after that.

I noticed the new scanners on Friday night and the multiple times the EP was scanned in each line. I guess they are cracking down on line jumpers. Did you notice if EPs were scanned multiple times? I thought the entrance to Scarecrow was a colossal cluster..it look probably 35 minutes in the Express line.

Loved Dead Waters...easily the best themed house. Thought I was going to fall when the floor sloped. Didn't really care for Scarecrow because of the "things" hanging down...made it hard to walk. I'm afraid of getting poked in the eye or something...the other houses were fine. I thought the smell of baby powder in AHS was way too strong...had to hold my breath.

Looking forward to returning Friday evening.

We are doing Dead Waters Friday and the Blum house........I quite liked the scarecrow house........but I agree about the baby powder smell, it was awful.......

We had a few smokers in line too, but TM soon put them right........one guy argued and was told leave the line. Why do some people think the rules don't apply.

Will we see you Friday Todd? Hope so.........

It is noted on the hhn website that electric scooter not allowed in the houses.
you can transfer to a push chair to do the houses.

for the scare zones, not an issue with the scooter.

i have not found the houses or zones to be scary.
but some people are startled by the surprise of a SA appearing in front or near them.

Yeah, Friday night we saw EPs being scanned multiple times and each scan took 3-10 seconds to respond. The EP line backed up a lot due to the scanners. It'll be interesting to hear which scanners are used this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!