Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Just signed up for the Walk in Walts Footsteps tour for Friday morning. I'm so excited to tour his Disneyland apartment and Club 33! Anybody else doing cool stuff besides the race and the parks?

Anyone care to guess on the temps will be during the race? Maybe 65-75?

Is anyone else suddenly hoping for a freak cold front to hit Anaheim on 8/31? :goodvibes

I'm not even thinking of it. Last year they had a rotten heat wave. I was in San Diego during it and the heat was bad enough there. We went home the day of the 10k and it just sounded awful.

A cold snap would be lovely.

I'm not even thinking of it. Last year they had a rotten heat wave. I was in San Diego during it and the heat was bad enough there. We went home the day o the 10k and it just sounded awful.

I was just chuckling about this to some co-workers. Last summer, we had many days here in Ohio that were well into the 90's. So, that's what I trained in. It wasn't optimal but it beats the sub-zero weather here!

When we got out there, the weather was in the 90's also. I guess that's unseasonably warm for Anaheim. Some people we met from that area were remarking how unusual it was but we were used to it by that point.

I really think I need to look into finding a job out there!

Just signed up for the Walk in Walts Footsteps tour for Friday morning. I'm so excited to tour his Disneyland apartment and Club 33! Anybody else doing cool stuff besides the race and the parks?

We've got a ressie at BB after the 10k :thumbsup2 Apart from that, we're saving all the cool stuff for the second part of our Disneyland trip. I'm doing the WIWF tour on my birthday :goodvibes I'll also book brekky at Storytellers.

This is a crazy corral! I'll be getting there early to get toward the front since I'm around the 11:30 pace

me too. and i've been doing intervals (i found it makes my 90*/90% humidity runs more enjoyable), but i think i'll end up straight running the first mile to break out of the pack, hopefully!

this is another reason i wish DL didn't have all the good stuff up front.

John Williams is conducting a concert the night of the 10k at the Hollywood Bowl, I will definitely be there for that.

We are doing WIWF on Saturday at 2:30, and the World of color dining package on Sunday.

John Williams is conducting a concert the night of the 10k at the Hollywood Bowl, I will definitely be there for that.

Wow - with Seth McFarlane as well?!

Thanks for the tip! I am definitely into that. I found single tickets easily as well (since I am at DL on my own). Interested in carpooling?

Wow - with Seth McFarlane as well?!

Thanks for the tip! I am definitely into that. I found single tickets easily as well (since I am at DL on my own). Interested in carpooling?

Sure, I'll be meeting up with some local friends so there will be some timing issues to work out but I should have room in my rental.

Did you submit your time with registration? They don't look up to see if you have a previous time, so you must provide it to them. It is also way too late to provide a "new" time to them since bib numbers have been assigned.

I filled out the space where they asked our time but did not submit anything otherwise since it did not prompt me to. Last year for DDD we brought proof to the expo. I see they don't do that anymore.

The start of the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend is 4 weeks away! Four weeks from today will be the 5K.

I did the Dumbo last year and it was my first visit to Cali and DL since I was a kid but I am just really, really excited about this year's event(s)! I think I'm falling in love with SoCal. :confused3

Changing thoughts: There was an unofficial Dopey before the official one. The unofficial was the Goofy plus the 5K.

Has anybody heard a good name for doing the Dumbo + the 5K? I was trying to think of something for it but nothing really comes to mind. The only thing I could think of was something like "the magic feather" from the Dumbo movie. Or maybe the "unofficial Timothy Q"? (The mouse from Dumbo). I don't know.

So, let's hear your suggestions! Anybody else doing the Dumbo + 5K?

Did anybody do it last year? I really regret not attempting it. They were on the same day with the 5K a half-hour before the 10K. I really wish I would've thought of trying it. Dang.

Last year they called it the mad hatter dashers since Alice was 10k and you had to run from the end of 5k to start of 10k back to back!

Looks like the New Balance shoes will have a virtual queue: http://www.nbvirtualqueue.com/

It says it will send you an email confirming your return time. Does this mean you don't need a cell phone? If that's the case, and I happen to be up at 6am (who knows with the time difference/jetlag), then it's probably worth trying :thumbsup2

It's great that they're finally starting to give the actual race participants a bit of a head start. Don't they realise though, that having to get up and out to the start line by 4:30am, we might not be that keen on getting up at 6am on our day off to register? :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Looks like the New Balance shoes will have a virtual queue: http://www.nbvirtualqueue.com/

Thanks for this info!

Does anyone know if they let you pick a time range you'd prefer to return or is it just luck of the draw?

I'm supposed to meet a friend for lunch on Friday off-site, and Friday happens to be the only day I can get to the Expo. It would be awesome if they'd give us a preference to select, even if they can't guarantee a specific time (for example, 9am-12pm, 12pm-3pm, etc.).

It usually is that week apparently to put on the Halloween overlay. The good news is that originally Matterhorn was supposed to be under refurb too, but it looks like it should be open! I was disappointed when I thought we'd miss it because it's a DLR exclusive. I don't mind missing HM as much because we have done the WDW version.

I'm running just the half, #3960, in corral G. My running buddy is doing the DDD and is also in corral G, so yay! I did the DDD last year but didn't sign up for it this year because I didn't think I could get that Friday off work again. Of course, I WAS able to, but it's too late now. Oh well. I'll still get up early on Sat and it will be the first time I'm not running a race with my friend, so I can make a sign to cheer him on! :) if you see a sign that says "Go, Scott, Go!", that's me!

Yay finally got my dad's 10k waiver sorted :cool1:

Apparently I had entered his date of birth 'backwards' (the right way around for me - in Australia we enter day first, then month) :rotfl: Considering I had 7 registrations to do and I was rushing/stressing about missing out, I didn't do too badly.

It usually is that week apparently to put on the Halloween overlay. The good news is that originally Matterhorn was supposed to be under refurb too, but it looks like it should be open! I was disappointed when I thought we'd miss it because it's a DLR exclusive. I don't mind missing HM as much because we have done the WDW version.
I'm bummed to miss the HM because it is different from the one in WDW, it was closed 2 years ago when I ran the DL half and I actually considered adding a couple more days to my vacation because it closes right before I get there :( HM is one of my favorites and I really love the Holiday overlay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter