Official 2012/2013 Disney Military Promotion - Updated Post #187

I assume that active members of the Guard and Reserves means that they are actively drilling. I ask this because wasn't there a promotion one time where a member of the Guard had to show that he/she had been activated during the year. Did I just dream that? :confused3

It was approximately 3 years ago.

My husband was in IRR at the time and we were eligible because he'd been reactivated (for a 1 day muster) and had orders. That was 9/08 and I believe the promotion came to light after that but the orders had to be within the last year so it worked out for us.

I have a question, If I buy two four day tickets can they both be added to my room key as eight ticket days? Or do I have to do it individually?

I have a question, If I buy two four day tickets can they both be added to my room key as eight ticket days? Or do I have to do it individually?

I didn't think these could be added to your room key, but if they can, I believe it will still be (2) 4 day hoppers.

1. The Military Salute tickets cannot be added to a room key.

2. If a MYW ticket is added to a room key (which the military tickets are not) only one ticket can be on the room key.

Thanks Cheshire, can I still do two four day tickets and use them as eight day tickets. Or is that not allowed?

As long as you activate all the tickets at the same time. But I am waiting for some clarifications from Ticketing Operations as there are differences between the internal information and the Press Release.

As long as you activate all the tickets at the same time. But I am waiting for some clarifications from Ticketing Operations as there are differences between the internal information and the Press Release.

I'm glad I have a few weeks before I have to buy my tickets so all of this can shake out and everyone is working off the same page on the rules and regs. Thanks for all your hard work keeping us updated on everything! I truly appreciate it.

I know you're the tickets guy, Chesire, but do you have any information on room discounts? It seems like this time the member can only sponsor one room instead of 3. Is that right?

My son-in-law works as a civilian contractor on an AFB and can get these passes with his military ID. We are going to WDW this fall on a family vacation. He and my daughter have APs that have not been activated yet. My husband and I also have APs. Another of my daughters is coming with 4 of her children and her husband is coming later in the week. All 6 of them will need tickets.

My question is can my son-in-law buy the 6 tickets and activate them for the members of the family who will need them? He will be there with them but won't need one for himself. If he needs to use 1 himself can he then give the ticket he uses to his brother-in-law that is coming later?

Where do you activate the tickets? Are they activated when you buy them? He would purchase them on the base not at SOG. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not trying to break any rules or cheat the system just looking for some answers. Thanks in advance.

My son-in-law works as a civilian contractor on an AFB and can get these passes with his military ID. We are going to WDW this fall on a family vacation. He and my daughter have APs that have not been activated yet. My husband and I also have APs. Another of my daughters is coming with 4 of her children and her husband is coming later in the week. All 6 of them will need tickets.

My question is can my son-in-law buy the 6 tickets and activate them for the members of the family who will need them? He will be there with them but won't need one for himself. If he needs to use 1 himself can he then give the ticket he uses to his brother-in-law that is coming later?

Where do you activate the tickets? Are they activated when you buy them? He would purchase them on the base not at SOG. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not trying to break any rules or cheat the system just looking for some answers. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure that he's eligible for THESE tickets. Other disney tickets, perhaps, but these are usually not available to civilians.

From the first post: Eligibility: Active and Retired U.S. Military, including National Guard, Reservists, and Coast Guard. It also includes Permanently Disabled Veterans with a Government ID showing DAVPRM.

I'm not sure that he's eligible for THESE tickets. Other disney tickets, perhaps, but these are usually not available to civilians.

From the first post: Eligibility: Active and Retired U.S. Military, including National Guard, Reservists, and Coast Guard. It also includes Permanently Disabled Veterans with a Government ID showing DAVPRM.

Thanks for the reply.

He did find that he is eligible for the ones that are currently offered but those are going to expire Sept 29 or 30. Some of us are arriving 28 and 29. I got got a little ahead of myself with excitement when I saw this new offer. Are these tickets different some how? It seems like the same as the current ones only a little more expensive.

Thanks for the reply.

He did find that he is eligible for the ones that are currently offered but those are going to expire Sept 29 or 30. Some of us are arriving 28 and 29. I got got a little ahead of myself with excitement when I saw this new offer. Are these tickets different some how? It seems like the same as the current ones only a little more expensive.

The only way that he is eligible for either the current offer or the one that begins on 10/1 is if he is active or retired military. He is possibly eligible for the MYW tickets that are offered at ITT and those will save money because they can be purchased tax free. The tickets under the current promotion have to be used by 9/30 and unused days will expire on that date

The only way that he is eligible for either the current offer or the one that begins on 10/1 is if he is active or retired military. He is possibly eligible for the MYW tickets that are offered at ITT and those will save money because they can be purchased tax free. The tickets under the current promotion have to be used by 9/30 and unused days will expire on that date

Thanks.

They went to WDW in May. He tried to get the current tickets on the base and they told him that he could purchase them but he should have come in earlier as they have to order them. Does this sound right?

DizBub said:
Thanks.

They went to WDW in May. He tried to get the current tickets on the base and they told him that he could purchase them but he should have come in earlier as they have to order them. Does this sound right?

He can't use the tickets under this promotion. He can possibly get the regular MYW tickets without paying tax on them and yes, some MWR offices don't keep them in stock and do have to order them. Our office keeps a limited number of some of the tickets and would have to order them.

He can't use the tickets under this promotion. He can possibly get the regular MYW tickets without paying tax on them and yes, some MWR offices don't keep them in stock and do have to order them. Our office keeps a limited number of some of the tickets and would have to order them.

Thank you for the reply.

Are the regular MYW tickets reduced at all or just tax free? Are they the same as you would get from WDW?

Thank you for the reply.

Are the regular MYW tickets reduced at all or just tax free? Are they the same as you would get from WDW?

It depends on the base. We have one AFB and one Navy base here and I've gotten reduced prices at both. Prices vary depending on when they order the tickets. I got an excellent deal on our last annual passes because they had older stock on the kids' passes and I saved over $30 per ticket.

My husband is both an Army Reservist and works for the Navy as a civilian. He has 2 different IDs and they are not the same - the Navy ID says "Civilian" on it while his Army ID says "Uniformed Services." The civilian ID can't be used to activate the Military Salute tickets. If your son-in-law is just a civilian, he's not eligible to use the tickets. Go with the MYW tickets.

The following are specifically not allowed:
CIA
Department of Defense Civilian
FBI
Homeland Security
International Military
Non-Appropriated Fund employees
Veterans (except for DAVPRM)
Affiliates (such as contractors)

Thanks for the reply.

Even if the base ticket office sells them to him and tells him he's eligible(which he isnt, unless he meets the criteria set forth in previous posts) he won't be able to activate them at

I have the same question as DizBub, but my dad is retired AF so he is eligible.

He and my mom have AP's so can they buy the tickets for family members as long as they are there with those family members to activate them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter