Official 2012/2013 Disney Military Promotion - Updated Post #187

I have the same question as DizBub, but my dad is retired AF so he is eligible.

He and my mom have AP's so can they buy the tickets for family members as long as they are there with those family members to activate them?

The rules say that ONE ticket must be used by the military member(or spouse if the soldier is not present) .

I have the same question as DizBub, but my dad is retired AF so he is eligible.

He and my mom have AP's so can they buy the tickets for family members as long as they are there with those family members to activate them?

Yes, they can buy tickets, but only 5. If you buy 6, one has to be used for the military member. And all members of the party do not have to be there to activate the tickets-- your mom and dad will need the names, dates of birth and maybe addresses of everyone using the tickets-- I can't remember what exactly they asked for. If they buy them at the park, the names of each person will be printed on the tick. If they buy them off-base, the person who activates the passes will write the person's names on them with marker.

The rules say that ONE ticket must be used by the military member(or spouse if the soldier is not present) .

So if he purchases a ticket for himself (which this deal is so good, we'd be happy to split the cost of his ticket), he has to use it instead of his pass? How would they know if he used the military ticket or not? Or does the eligible person's ticket look different so it can't be transferred to anyone who doesn't have valid ID?

No, it doesn't look any different-- at least, it hasn't in the past. But it will have his name printed on it. And it's breaking the "rules" of the ticket to then give it to someone else to use. Do people do it? Yes, I'm sure they do, but it's still not right. If you only activate 5, one does NOT have to be for the military member. And you do NOT need to buy a ticket for them, as long as you only buy 5. We have this exact same dilemma coming up this year, and, unless we let my DH's AP run out and use a ticket for him sometimes during the year, we'll probably only buy and activate 5.

No, it doesn't look any different-- at least, it hasn't in the past. But it will have his name printed on it. And it's breaking the "rules" of the ticket to then give it to someone else to use. Do people do it? Yes, I'm sure they do, but it's still not right. If you only activate 5, one does NOT have to be for the military member. And you do NOT need to buy a ticket for them, as long as you only buy 5.

Thank you! We only need 5, but we don't mind buying the additional ticket if we have to. Split 5 ways, it's only like 30 extra bucks for each of us to cover that ticket. Still waaay better than paying full price!

What's the reasoning behind if you only buy 5 the eligible member doesn't need to use one?

And I vaguely remember everyone having to be present as they were activated when we did this back in '09. Is that still the case, or can my parents activate them for everyone once they get there? (We're all coming in at different times)

The first year, everyone had to be there to activate the tickets. It hasn't been that way the last few years--of course, that could change this year too, we'll have to wait and see, I guess. Because you can buy 5 tickets for friends and family and one for the military member, if he isn't there or doesn't need a ticket because he has an AP, you can only buy the 5 for family and friends. Have fun on your trip!

oh, yes, Appleorchard is correct. If you want to buy ALL 6 then the service member has to use one of them. :)

I am so glad they have a military discount that extends past Sept 2012. We are headed to WDW in Nov. Now I have to see if the 4 days hopper for $156 is a better deal than the FL discount.

:cool1:

A Resident Four-Day Hopper is $220.50 plus tax. And it is subject to the same blockouts as the seasonal pass, which is more than 25% of the year.

I'm tentatively planning a trip for January next year. We qualify for the military salute tickets (active duty Army) but I'm thinking about having my sister meet us down there, so she can take advantage of the offer. If she ends up only using some of her entitlements while we're down there, will she be able to come back before September and use any remaining entitlements without a military ID?

I'm tentatively planning a trip for January next year. We qualify for the military salute tickets (active duty Army) but I'm thinking about having my sister meet us down there, so she can take advantage of the offer. If she ends up only using some of her entitlements while we're down there, will she be able to come back before September and use any remaining entitlements without a military ID?

Yes. The only time the military id is required is during activation by the service member. After that, the ticket belongs to the guest and can be used until it expires by that same guest.

Does anyone know when the tickets have to be used by?

My MIL lives in Orlando and will only be joining us for 2 days. If she doesn't use the other 2 days when do the left over days expire? - Does that make sense?

Does anyone know when the tickets have to be used by?

My MIL lives in Orlando and will only be joining us for 2 days. If she doesn't use the other 2 days when do the left over days expire? - Does that make sense?

The tickets may be used through Sep 28, 2013.

I have a question. I've seen in several places that the tickets ALL have to be activated at the SAME time. If so, can I activate a ticket for my husband who is the retiree, and his daughter, both of which are not going until December. I'm going in September with four friends who will use four of the tickets. I have an annual pass so I was planning to activate four of the tickets for my friends in September and one for my husband and our daughter for use in December but neither of them will be with me in September. TIA whoever can answer this! Cheshire?

I have a question. I've seen in several places that the tickets ALL have to be activated at the SAME time. If so, can I activate a ticket for my husband who is the retiree, and his daughter, both of which are not going until December. I'm going in September with four friends who will use four of the tickets. I have an annual pass so I was planning to activate four of the tickets for my friends in September and one for my husband and our daughter for use in December but neither of them will be with me in September. TIA whoever can answer this! Cheshire?

Assuming they don't have to be with you to activate the tickets and they can use them later on without a military ID, then there shouldn't be a problem.

QUOTE]

Okay so even if she only used 2 days the other days are good on the ticket through September 2013? I have heard that some tickets are only good for 14 days after activation and just wanted to make sure the military tickets are not like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter