Off-topic randomness - a place to ramble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WebmasterAlex said:
Dueling Pianos can be fun! It's a bar after all :)
Well, I'll stick to the pianos and music then. I'm one of those accursed individuals who can not metabolize alcohol properly.

Before I even get a buzz, I get a pounding headache, my heart rates goes to the low 200's, I get totally flushed red and radiate heat (one high school nickname: alcohol-powered toaster oven), and nausea kicks in. In high school, I was in denial about it and tried the take a shot a night for a week, then increase slowly. No go -- I just can't metabolize the stuff :) In med school, I learned that the symptoms I get are the exact same ones that the anti-alcohol medication (Antabuse) induces to prevent people from drinking. No wonder I don't enjoy drinking much!

Yep, I'll stick to the piano music.

Tishke- I thought the same thing! I was SO cracking up when I read that.
I think it's a sports medicine thing so you have to be doing something athletic (like walking) to qualify :)
Walking qualifies? WOW, I'm an ATHLETE!

Oh, and TLinden16 -- howdy neighbor - neighbor!

Wow. We are neighbors in two places, JeanJoe! Very cool. I live north of Boston.

Karen

"...what a crazy little cat!" - aaahh nothing better than jellyrolls with a slight buzz so you could laugh at every single thing they say, do & sing. Been there only once, but had a blast. Hoping to go on my next visit, but it all depends on my little tornado.

Is my daughter advanced? She just turned 3, and this morning, after I told her I didn't want to put up with her whining, she slammed the door on me and told me not to come in.

Mine just turned 4. I really had no idea how much attitude could develop between 3 and 4. I'm sorry to say that yes, you are in for it.

I often get, "Just don't even talk to me." Sigh. I fear for the teen years.

trirae said:
Mine just turned 4. I really had no idea how much attitude could develop between 3 and 4. I'm sorry to say that yes, you are in for it.

I often get, "Just don't even talk to me." Sigh. I fear for the teen years.

oh my! i can so relate :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

6 seems to be the magic number for mine. Oh, he started out the sweetest little boy on Earth, but lately he has gotten such a personality.....He's already started to tell me about how I can't be picking out "lame" school clothes for him. (oh yes, he said lame, lol) And I was told that all his friends have "horse clothes" and he wanted them, too. I'm thinking that horse clothes means that they are western or something, NOT my idea of style, but he is his own person....oh no, not western garb....my six year old wants POLO! :faint: Good style choice, I have to agree, but I am going to need any extra job to pay for a Polo wardrobe! :)

Sorry to piggyback posts here, but as we are posting completely random things, I have one to add.

So, those of you who have been in the game the last week may have heard the story about my co-worker turning her notice in because I am "mean". I have had almost the whole week of listening to my boss try to spin this into the fact that it is my fault, but she values me as an employee. (read, she blames me but is totally screwed if I leave...oh the POWER!!) Today I come in and tell her that I ordered a cake for the girl leaving, like she asked me to. Our new girl started today, she is great....not someone I would have thought would do well in the job from the info the temp agency sent on her, but she is awesome. Turns out that the co-worker leaving told my boss that she thinks she might want to stay now....Now the boss realizes she sucked at her job and we would be better with someone new and she is stuck with two people. Oh my, it is going to be an interesting Friday. :rotfl:

Tishke said:
6 seems to be the magic number for mine. Oh, he started out the sweetest little boy on Earth, but lately he has gotten such a personality.....He's already started to tell me about how I can't be picking out "lame" school clothes for him. (oh yes, he said lame, lol) And I was told that all his friends have "horse clothes" and he wanted them, too. I'm thinking that horse clothes means that they are western or something, NOT my idea of style, but he is his own person....oh no, not western garb....my six year old wants POLO! :faint: Good style choice, I have to agree, but I am going to need any extra job to pay for a Polo wardrobe! :)

POLO LOL :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

My girl wants gymboree clothes already. I am so not looking forward to buying the Limited Too stuff that all the kids here wear. That is coming very soon i fear. :sad2:

So should I be relieved or worried that my 2 year old invariably picks the most color-unmatched things possible to wear for the day? She goes to daycare, and I'm sure the staff just look at her, shake their heads, and assume that we're color blind.

(Much like Astryd was with her original tag.)

I'm such a bad mom. When my dd picks out her own "colorful" outfits, my rule is she must tell everyone she meets, "I dressed myself today." :cheer2: She says she just likes to be "rainbow."

More often than not people are saying to me, "My what a lovely outfit, did she pick that herself?"

Oh you lucky people with kids who will mismatch. lol My son is one of those two-shirt wearing magazine kids...the ones with the t-shirt under a button down shirt. He's like a walking GAP add.DH is a jean and t-shirt kind of guy and can't understand it. At least I have a shopping buddy, even if he is 6. :goodvibes

OMG!! I thought it was bad when my 2 and 5 year olds got picky about what shoes they wanted to wear. I can't choose either of their shoes anymore...

JeanJoe said:
So should I be relieved or worried that my 2 year old invariably picks the most color-unmatched things possible to wear for the day? She goes to daycare, and I'm sure the staff just look at her, shake their heads, and assume that we're color blind.

(Much like Astryd was with her original tag.)

I must say...when I was a child I did this. Coming home from Sunday church, my parents always seemed to take an abnormally long amount of time changing clothes (To this day I still don't want to know why...). We were always allowed to change ourselves-even at a younger age, say 4 or 5 (meaning pick out our clothing).

My "Sunday Outfits" as they came to be known were notorious for being mis-matched.

One in particular that springs to mind when I was 7 (and should have known better) was a little blue hand-embroidered flowered mexican dress pink sweatpants and white socks...dress tucked into sweats.

:D

GO me. :cool1:

GBShorts said:
... a little blue hand-embroidered flowered mexican dress pink sweatpants and white socks...dress tucked into sweats.

:D

GO me. :cool1:
I'm trying to picture this. My mind's eye is rebelling. Woot woot! Go you! ;)

and just think--have to go shopping for school clothes--

girls are so tough--I am not looking forward to this--that is why I make the DH come--(she ia almost 7)

DD12 has worn uniforms since 3rd grade. At first I was all for it...but now, it's a pain. We always end up buying two sets of clothes, the uniforms that are expensive and rarely on sale and regular clothes. Then there's soccer uniforms, band outfits, etc :faint:

GBShorts said:
a little blue hand-embroidered flowered mexican dress pink sweatpants and white socks...dress tucked into sweats.

This morning when DW picked me up from work, DD3 came along wearing her chosen outfit: a hot pink T-shirt under a bright blue sleeveless tank-top, with lime-green and lavender blue striped shorts, white socks, and black "dressy" shoes.

For some reason, it reminded me of a post I saw on the Dis long, long ago:
WDWHound said:
It happened like this. I was in a rush to get to work today, so I got dressed quickly. I put on jeans and a company t-shirt (our company puts out a new t-shirt every year and every employee is given one). It was only after I sat down in my office that I noticed a huge food stain on the front of my shirt. Great! Now what do I do?. Then it comes to me. I had another T-shirt in the car.

The reason I had a t-shirt in the car is a bit involved. Every year, my parents take a trip to some far off lands. This year it was India, Indonesia and Malaysia. They always bring me back a t-shirt, which I thank them for, wear once once to show them how much I like it, and then promptly stash in a drawer, never to be seen again. Its not that I don't appreciate the thought, its just that my Mom has no taste. Really, most of these t-shirts have been known to frighten small animals and can cause an epileptic seisures if looked at for more than a few seconds at a time. These shirts take tacky to a whole new plane.

Anyway, I realize that I had tossed the shirt from their India trip into my truck, with the intention of putting it on after work one day when going over to visit my folks, however I never remembered to actually put it on, so its been sitting in my truck for a couple of months. Great! Problem solved. I run out to my truck, take out the shirt, unfold it and get my first good look at it.

Somewhere in Indonesia the festival must still be going on. I am absolutly sure that the day this shirt was sold to my parents, it triggered a 6 month long celebration that the curse upon humanity that is this shirt was finally leaving the country. "Have you heard the news!, The shirt that must not be looked upon has finally left our shores! No longer will its painful images blight our eyes. Come! Let there be dancing in the streets!".

Picture a navy blue shirt with gold letters proclaiming "Borobudur" across the front. OK, so far so good. Now picture that also emblazoned all over the front of the shirt are pictures of The Buddha and Buddhist temples in hot pink, electric blue, yellow and green!. If the resulting mental image does not have you attempting to claw your eyes from your sockets, your imagination is just not up to the task (lucky you!).

So I was faced with a choice. Do I sport a food stain all day or a shirt that can not be warn within 1 mile of an airport for fear of blinding the pilots? It wasn't an easy decision, but here I now sit at my desk, office door closed, praying no one wants to meet with me face to face. If I can just keep from glancing down at the shirt, I might make it through the day. I just hope I don't frighten the pets too badly when I return home.

I miss Community Board posts like this one. If anyone comes across some funny ones, I'd love to see links to them.

JeanJoe said:
This morning when DW picked me up from work, DD3 came along wearing her chosen outfit: a hot pink T-shirt under a bright blue sleeveless tank-top, with lime-green and lavender blue striped shorts, white socks, and black "dressy" shoes.

For some reason, it reminded me of a post I saw on the Dis long, long ago:

I miss Community Board posts like this one. If anyone comes across some funny ones, I'd love to see links to them.

Oh that story is the best! LOL! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Astryd said:
My girl wants gymboree clothes already. I am so not looking forward to buying the Limited Too stuff that all the kids here wear. That is coming very soon i fear. :sad2:

Limited Too - be afraid, very afraid. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I went in with my DD's (gymnast and theballerina). DD9 liked an outfit right by the door. I asked her to look at how much each item cost. The total was $140. I do have her trained well, though. She said that she could buy a lot more stuff someplace else with $140.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter