Off-site restaurants?

yummymummywales

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Just wondering if I can pick the brains of you seasoned bunch please! We are staying off-site as usual this year in Oct/Nov, have a handful of character meals booked onsite OOP which is great but really wanting to try a few new places offsite to eat if we can!

Staying in the LBV area so anything local would be great although don't mind driving a bit either. DH is a bit of a carnivore so would not be happy in a veggie place and I also have DD1 (age 6) and DD2 (age 3). Me - I'm not fussy, just be nice to keep everyone else happy!!

TIA :goodvibes

We really like Golden Corral, its pretty cheap and there is a brilliant selection of food at the buffet so there would def be something to suit everyone. :goodvibes

There was a thread not long back if anyone has a link to it for you.

My fave just now is Cheesecake factory, Mall @ Millenia, about a 20 min drive but well worth it.
DW's fave is Mimis Cafe, again Mall @ Millenia or we prefer the one near the Loop, again about 20mins drive.
More local is Orlando Alehouse always full of locals, very good if you like a drink also, $2 for pint of Fosters all day every day, last month the drinks service was slow so I got 2 pints for $2.:thumbsup2
Chilis, one of best dessert around Molten choc cake.
There is an Olive Garden but we were not impressed with this one, better at the new one near the Loop.
Black Angus Steakhouse, had a few good meals here but the last time(2 years ago) they added tip automatically, I don't mind tipping but won't be told how much so not been back.
I am a big meat eater but enjoy at least 1 meal every trip at Sweet Tomaotes, even if only lunch.

Is DH a ribs guy? If so, Bahama Breeze (LBV area) does fabulous ribs. Their other food is great too and of course huuuuuuuuuge portions.

Thanks guys - my stomach is rumbling just from thinking about all these lovely places! Is there an easy way to find out where these all are or is it easy enough to google them and try it that way?

Is Bahama Breeze okay to go to with the kids? I am assuming most of the others will be child friendly enough....

I knew you lot would come up trumps :worship:

Many thanks x

Is Bahama Breeze okay to go to with the kids? I am assuming most of the others will be child friendly enough....

Definitely - the one at LBV is adjacent to the Mariott Village (with Golden Corral). We also like Chevvy's (Mexican) at Crossroads (at the end of Hotel Plaza Boulevard from DTD to the 535), and there is also a Sweet Tomatos there which gets good reviews.

My fave just now is Cheesecake factory, Mall @ Millenia, about a 20 min drive but well worth it.

Ours too, not gonna miss out on it this time either even with being on DDP!

Plus Mall at Millennia is also our favourite shopping in Orlando by far :)

:goodvibes

Ours too, not gonna miss out on it this time either even with being on DDP!

Plus Mall at Millennia is also our favourite shopping in Orlando by far :)

We have already said we will probably go to CF one of the evening we are at Universal. Never been into the Mall, we avoid shops if possible, only do a little essential shopping at the outlets.

We have already said we will probably go to CF one of the evening we are at Universal. Never been into the Mall, we avoid shops if possible, only do a little essential shopping at the outlets.

We're doing it on an 'off day' I think, DW has pencilled it into our plan :lmao:

I actually quite like shopping, I pretend to DW that I don't and that I just go along with her but hey ;)

We enjoy Macys and Bloomingdales, as well as Abercrombie, Lacoste, Hugo Boss and the likes. Ok some of these we can find at the outlets but sometimes there's some nicer stuff in the 'proper' shops :thumbsup2

I love the Cheesecake Factory, it's amazing!! Never had cheesecake like it! We ended up going twice. In fact once we had a slice each instead of having lunch, they're HUGE!

We really like Golden Corral, its pretty cheap and there is a brilliant selection of food at the buffet so there would def be something to suit everyone. :goodvibes

Golden Corral isn't bad at all for the money. I preferred to to Ponderosa which has been recommended to me but we didn't think much of it at all.

We went to TGI's a few times. I know you can get it over here but we just really enjoy it. It was a good price too compared to others which is strange as over here it's not that cheap.

I liked friendly's, cheap food but very nice and huge portions :thumbsup2

We're with you on that one. Last time we went they had an offer on for starter, main and ice-cream for $10. And we have never had a bad meal there yet :goodvibes
Add that to the fact that when we have been - normally around lunch time - the place is less than half full.

I agree with all the choices above.
If you just fancy an amazing sandwich, then there is a Quiznos at the Crossroads, and they are gorgeous. Like Subway, but WAY better. There is a Cici's pizza that did a $3.99 takeaway for any 14" pizza, and a cheap but decent all you can eat buffet for not much more.
Golden Corral is tops for breakfast, but I felt it wasn't as good as the Ponderosa for lunch/dinner. More choice, but not necessarily better tasting stuff.
For me personally though, The Outback is still THE BEST steak I've ever eaten :goodvibes God I could eat one of those badboys right now!! :rotfl:

There is a Cici's pizza that did a $3.99 takeaway for any 14" pizza, and a decent cheap but decent all you can eat buffet for not much more.
This is the only place in Florida that we have walked out of without finishing a meal. We went for the buffet - not with high expectations because of the price, but it came well below what we would ever have thought possible. We have heard people say they like it, and maybe we caught the kitchen staff on a bad day, but we would never go back even if the food was free (and lets face it, it practically is already :lmao:)

We have only eaten at CiCis once, basically because Karen doesn't really like pizza. It was when it 1st opened at LBV, $16 for all 3 of us with 3 sodas, myself and Matt really enjoyed it.

We went to CiCi's, my girlfriend didn't really like it but i thought it was ok. It costs practically nothing so you don't expect much but the pizzas are ok. It's probably worth paying if you just want to get out the heat and grab a cold drink! The desserts aren't nice at all though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter