Odd and Kinda Specific Cruise Questions

engle

DIS Veteran
1. Okay, so if I drive myself to port, does DCL take my luggage and it shows up in my room??

2. When they take my luggage at the end of the cruise...which I understand is the night before we get off the cruise...I just keep a carry on to get ready in the a.m?? So then I will have to pack some of my carry on stuff before I get on the plane right? Like toiletries etc.

3. If I rent a car at MCO, spend a few days at WDW and then drive to the port, there are certain rental car places that can get me to the port itself after I drop my car off there?

4. Is there a shuttle to and from WDW for a fee?

I am DVC so I can't get a land/sea package...which is fine, but I have to arrange all this other stuff on my own..which I actually prefer.

1. Yes

2. You get your luggage back when you get off the ship so you can put the liquids you can't fly with in your bags then.

4. yes

I'll wait for others to chime in on the other questions.

With regards to that shuttle to/from WDW, how would I arrange for that??

Thanks for the other QUICK answers. I find the DCL threads to have the friendliest folks!!

1. Okay, so if I drive myself to port, does DCL take my luggage and it shows up in my room??

2. When they take my luggage at the end of the cruise...which I understand is the night before we get off the cruise...I just keep a carry on to get ready in the a.m?? So then I will have to pack some of my carry on stuff before I get on the plane right? Like toiletries etc.

3. If I rent a car at MCO, spend a few days at WDW and then drive to the port, there are certain rental car places that can get me to the port itself after I drop my car off there?

I am DVC so I can't get a land/sea package...which is fine, but I have to arrange all this other stuff on my own..which I actually prefer.

1. There is a dop off point near the terminal you drop luggage and passengers there then park.

2. Yes, we slip it into one of the cases at port when we collect them

3. See the thread usfull DCL information at the top of this board.

4. DCL does operate shuttles to most WDW Disney hotels. There is a fee per passenger, you can bok both legs a return, or one to MCO

3. Yes. We personally did Budget. DH dropped us off with the luggage (which was promptly grabbed by a porter - remember to tip!) and then returned the rental car to the local office. He hopped a free shuttle back to the ship and we walked on the ship.

I know there are other rental agencies local to the port, but my link for a list no longer works. You might want to check the FAQ at the top of this board.

Brandie

After you pass in front of the terminal you will round the corner to see a luggage drop off location. Just unload your luggage and one of the porters will take it (make sure to tip him!). You won't see it again until it shows up in your stateroom. If you plan to use the pools the first day make sure you pack your swimsuits in your carry on as your luggage might not make it to your room until late afternoon.

Your luggage needs to be outside your stateroom door by 11:00 the night before you disembark. Make sure you keep clothes for the next day (you don't want to learn this the hard way...like some of us have :rolleyes1 ), any toiletries you will need and your carry-on.

Budget, Avis and Thrifty all of shuttles from their offices to the port and vice versa. It is easier to drop your luggage and the rest of your party off at the terminal and then have one person return the car. That way you just need space for one person, no luggage on the shuttle which makes things easier.

DCL offers transfers from either WDW or the Orlando airport to the port and back again. They are $70 round trip per person (so a car rental usually works out much cheaper). One downside to the DCL transfers is that they don't usually leave WDW until noon-ish. If you want to be at the port early it isn't possible with the DCL transfers. On the upside, if you do use the transfers you'll probably be able to walk right onboard once you check in.

We're DVC too! I also prefer to arrange for everything myself and would actually never go with a land/sea package for that reason (plus the fact that it almost always costs more to do it that way). If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

You can carry your own luggage off the ship. You don't have to have DCL take it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter