October rental car discounts?

Costco rates started to come down this week. Saved $80 so far and hoping to see another dip soon.

We decided to attend MNSSHP, so I decided to check with UT. Initially, the discount was minimal, but eventually the Budget/Avis discounts came back. When I first started checking, the discounts would’ve saved us around $30 and $100 for 2 rentals over our Costco reservations. Today, the savings jumped to $55 and $180. The MNSSHP tickets did cost us about $8 more than discounted tickets purchased directly, so subtract that from the savings.

use undercover tourist. Buy a movie ticket if you don't need park tickets & when you check out there will be a link for discount car rentals we saved 50% in May. undercovertourist.com
Not anymore. They changed their pricing so you have to spend a minimum of $100 on other tickets before you get the 50% discount. In the past I could get a coke for $5 and get the discount. They wised up.

Ops sorry I see someone else posted that./

Now I'm seeing bizarre car companies advertising for rentals at MCO such as Sixt, Reliant, Club etc.. but you have to take a shuttle somewhere to get to the cars. Anyone used these companies?

For the companies in the airport, there is nothing under $500 a week.

Not anymore. They changed their pricing so you have to spend a minimum of $100 on other tickets before you get the 50% discount. In the past I could get a coke for $5 and get the discount. They wised up.

Now I'm seeing bizarre car companies advertising for rentals at MCO such as Sixt, Reliant, Club etc.. but you have to take a shuttle somewhere to get to the cars. Anyone used these companies?

I've heard nothing but horror stories from anything outside of "The Big 3" Enterprise (who owns both National and Alamo), Avis (who owns Budget, Payless, and Zipcar), and Hertz (who owns Dollar and Thrifty). Any of these companies are fine.

Anything else at MCO, I've heard nothing but issues. Like the ones that need a shuttle, once you're in the building, they really treat you like a captive. The rates look good, but they will not let you go until you purchase their extra protection, and pretty much won't take "no" for an answer, even if you already have something similar with your credit card.

Such a bummer about UT but I would recommend Autoslash.com. We've also used them for years and they search out all the discounted rates. You can choose which company to go with and it typically ends up running through PL But...it's a great way to say some cash. When completing your rental info at the time of booking make sure to add your "skip the counter" type info. so you can just go right to your car depending on which company you choose. This works for any city, not just Orlando.

Such a bummer about UT but I would recommend Autoslash.com. We've also used them for years and they search out all the discounted rates. You can choose which company to go with and it typically ends up running through PL But...it's a great way to say some cash. When completing your rental info at the time of booking make sure to add your "skip the counter" type info. so you can just go right to your car depending on which company you choose. This works for any city, not just Orlando.
Agreed about Autoslash, but right now, nothing is working for Orlando. I've got an intermediate for the second week in October with Avis for $450. Just looked at the second to last week in January and the best I can do is $530. I've got a rental in San Diego that is coming down, but everything for Orlando is staying sky high.

3 weeks out and have not seen any drop in prices. Either holding steady or going up.

$100 drop this morning for my rental beginning 10/5.

ETA: And now another $50

Last edited:

I've rented from Sixt before and they were fine. The only reason I didn't rent from them this time was it looks like the charge extra for a spouse to drive. Alamo didn't. So went with Alamo.

We have a trip in 2 weeks. Haven't seen any significant decline in prices with Alamo in a long time. Checked tonight. the site says they have NO cars available for that week. glad I have my reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter