October rental car discounts?

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
We arrive mid October at MCO not for Disney but some appointments. Need a rental car for 8 days, have Costco, amex, AARP, etc. Any good codes out there to use?

use undercover tourist. Buy a movie ticket if you don't need park tickets & when you check out there will be a link for discount car rentals we saved 50% in May. undercovertourist.com

We used a rental car booked with undercover tourist for our DL trip in April, and have it booked for our WDW trip in Oct. We have also had to cancel multiple reservations and it was easy to get refund.

Have you really used this? It sounds to good to be true. It would cut our car rental in half.
We used it this month. We bought a ticket for prepaid refreshments at our local movie theater, and that brought the price down from $476 via Costco to $290 via UT. Because it was prepaid, we had to go to the counter instead of using our Budget Fastbreak privileges, but it made the rental affordable for us, and we were very happy to have a car instead of being dependent on Disney transportation.

We used it this month. We bought a ticket for prepaid refreshments at our local movie theater, and that brought the price down from $476 via Costco to $290 via UT. Because it was prepaid, we had to go to the counter instead of using our Budget Fastbreak privileges, but it made the rental affordable for us, and we were very happy to have a car instead of being dependent on Disney transportation.

Does this price include Insurance or do you transfer your own car Insurance ?

Thanks for the tip - just booked a minivan from Dollar for 8 days in October for less than $500.

So you purchase the advance movie ticket and then can link to the rental car reservation for the additional discount?

Nice to see many reporting success with this.

have tried this several times. maybe if you don’t have a decent rate to begin with, however, I’ve yet to have the UT discounted rate come anywhere near the rate I’ve ‘worked for’ Via booking many months ahead and checking repeatedly. :confused3

Always nice to have options tho!

This may seem like a dumb question; but I did the movie ticket; but I can't find an email or anything as to how to redeem it.

I keep looking and don't see any. Glad I have my reservation from 9 months ago. Still $300 cheaper than current prices.

The loophole that worked on UT to get the rental car discount by just buying like one movie ticket is no longer available. You have to buy a minimum of $100 worth of ticket or tickets before you get the discount. Also, they seem to no longer have the nice discounts with budget and Avis that were coming up for October.

Try autoslash.com I've had pretty good luck with them. They'll take your membership info and find the best current deal, and if you sign up to track the reservation, they'll notify you when something cheaper comes up.

The loophole that worked on UT to get the rental car discount by just buying like one movie ticket is no longer available. You have to buy a minimum of $100 worth of ticket or tickets before you get the discount. Also, they seem to no longer have the nice discounts with budget and Avis that were coming up for October.
I got in on the loophole and reserved my car for October on Wednesday. Hope they honor what I paid for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!