***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

DH and I are going to be there 10/3-10/11 and are staying at Wilderness Lodge. We usually go in Feb, but I am a Halloween maniac and have always wanted to go to MNSSHP and F&W is an added bonus.

We love meeting new people, so maybe a DIS meet is in order for those who will be there at the same time as us.

Hi guys.

We'll be there 9/30 until 10/8 doing food and wine and MNSSHP on 10/2/11.
We'll also be holding a dis meet to raise money for GKTW through the Power of 10. If anyone is interested, you can click on the link in my signature. Spread the word.....let's show what dis'ers are all about!

I would be interested but I won't be there until October 2012. From what I gather, this is being held THIS October. :(

DH and I are going to be there 10/3-10/11 and are staying at Wilderness Lodge. We usually go in Feb, but I am a Halloween maniac and have always wanted to go to MNSSHP and F&W is an added bonus.

We love meeting new people, so maybe a DIS meet is in order for those who will be there at the same time as us.

Our dates overlap. I'd definitely be in for a DIS meet!

So I've made my dining chart(DH thinks I'm crazy for doing this so early, but dining is my big thing so anyways...) Keep in mind we are doing delux dining so I did this more to keep our credit usage in order:

Thursday 10/4: Liberty Tree Tavern(Lunch) Ohana(Dinner)
Friday 10/5: Cape May Cafe(Breakfast) Tutto Italia(Lunch) Flying Fish(Dinner)
Saturday 10/6: Kona Cafe(Lunch) Artist Point(Dinner)
Sunday 10/7: Yak and Yeti(Lunch) Citricos(Dinner)
Monday 10/8: 50's Prime Time(Lunch) California Grill(Dinner)
Tuesday 10/9: Grand Floridian Cafe(Lunch) Narcoossee's(Dinner)
Wednesday 10/10: Biergarten(Lunch) Le Cellier/Yachtsman(Dinner)
Thursday 10/11: Kona Cafe(Breakfast) Cinderella's Royal Table(Dinner)

I really wanted to experience the Signature Dining places, so most of them are on there along with some favorites for DH which is how I convinced him to go on another trip. ;)

Our regular schedule is as follows:
10/4: MK
10/5: Epcot
10/6: Free Day/Park Day/Universal Day(because I REALLY need to see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
10/7: AK
10/8: DHS
10/9: Free Day/ Park Day
10/10: Epcot
10/11: MK/Departure Night

Would love to schedule a Dis Meet(or two!) somewhere in there and of course I will be wearing a LGMH so if you spot it, please stop and say hello. I promise I won't look at you funny! :thumbsup2

sorry guys..I just noticed Oct and not the 2012 part....:eek:
I just saw Oct and got excited...lol ..oops

I posted this elsewhere but haven't received a reply yet..

Last January when they mailed the room only promos out.. does anyone still have theirs? Or does anyone remember what dates were discounted in October?

So I've made my dining chart(DH thinks I'm crazy for doing this so early, but dining is my big thing so anyways...) Keep in mind we are doing delux dining so I did this more to keep our credit usage in order:

I really wanted to experience the Signature Dining places, so most of them are on there along with some favorites for DH which is how I convinced him to go on another trip. ;)

10/6: Free Day/Park Day/Universal Day(because I REALLY need to see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter)

Would love to schedule a Dis Meet(or two!) somewhere in there and of course I will be wearing a LGMH so if you spot it, please stop and say hello. I promise I won't look at you funny! :thumbsup2

Love your plans!

I am starting to look at places to eat and save them in Word so I can narrow it down and compare!

Also, when we went to Disney in October 2009 they offered free dining. Hoping for the same this year!:thumbsup2

Plans look great! I have an idea of where I want to eat but I have to narrow it down. I told Kris (DBf) since we're going for 7 nights he could pick 3 places, I can pick 3, and we'll agree on 1.

WWoHP is AWESOME! I went last year and absolutely loved it. My mouth dropped open when I saw it.

I'll post my plans as the trip gets closer and maybe we can meet up. You get in toward the end of our trip, 9/30-10/7. 10/5 is my birthday so I'm hoping for a MNSSHP that night! :goodvibes

Ok guys.. Here is the room only promo dates from 2011. Do you think this is any indication of 2012 dates also? What I am wondering is why the 3rd week of October isn't included?

Just click the Resort links below to explore your options and click here for offer details.

Save 40%
at Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels

Save 40%
at Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels

Save 35%
at Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels

Save 35%
at Select Disney Value Resort Hotels
For stays most nights:
2/27–3/5, 5/8–5/27, 5/31–6/4, 8/21–10/8, 10/23–10/29, 11/13–11/19, 11/27–12/3 and 12/11–12/24/11.

I get why the second week of October wouldn't be on there because it's Columbus day. But the third week? :confused3 Do kids in Florida have a fall break that week of October? Maybe that's why? Those dates are also blocked out for the free dining promo.

Hoooorraayy! I FINALLY found an Oct. 2012 thread! I'm a newbie, so it took me a while! haha We are going to DW Oct. 14-21 2012!! We can't wait! DH and I went to DW for the first time on our honeymoon Feb. 2011 and I FELL IN LOVE! I can not wait to go back and to talk to all of you about the upcoming trips we are taking!! :):) We can't wait to experience F&W and MNSSHP!! I would love to get some tips and feedback about what to expect for both! I can't contain my excitement! lol We are staying at the POP this time, and I can't wait to be there! We have the QSDP and are going to pick 2-3 nicer places to make ADRs. We aren't sure where though. Any suggestions? Last time we ate at Coral Reef and Marrakesh(sp?) Can't wait to keep talking to you guys until the big day!!:):)

Hoooorraayy! I FINALLY found an Oct. 2012 thread! I'm a newbie, so it took me a while! haha We are going to DW Oct. 14-21 2012!! We can't wait! DH and I went to DW for the first time on our honeymoon Feb. 2011 and I FELL IN LOVE! I can not wait to go back and to talk to all of you about the upcoming trips we are taking!! :):) We can't wait to experience F&W and MNSSHP!! I would love to get some tips and feedback about what to expect for both! I can't contain my excitement! lol We are staying at the POP this time, and I can't wait to be there! We have the QSDP and are going to pick 2-3 nicer places to make ADRs. We aren't sure where though. Any suggestions? Last time we ate at Coral Reef and Marrakesh(sp?) Can't wait to keep talking to you guys until the big day!!:):)

Hi, welcome! I've stayed a Pop a whole bunch of times and love it there. I'm ready to switch it up though, I need a new resort. I'm sure you'll love it there.

Food and Wine is great! There are little carts set up all over Epcot from different countries with appetizer portion samples of different food, wine, and beer. So yummy! We got the reloadable card last time for our food and wine purchases. You can wear it around your wrist and it's so much easier than digging around for cash. You can also use your snack credits.

MNSSHP is also a lot of fun! One of the best Disney parades I've ever seen and you can trick or treat! :goodvibes

Have you ever been to Ohana? That's one of my favorites. A Lapu Lapu is a MUST if you go there. Biergarten is also a blast too. It's a buffet plus entertainment. There's even a little dance floor if the mood strikes!

Hi, welcome! I've stayed a Pop a whole bunch of times and love it there. I'm ready to switch it up though, I need a new resort. I'm sure you'll love it there.

Food and Wine is great! There are little carts set up all over Epcot from different countries with appetizer portion samples of different food, wine, and beer. So yummy! We got the reloadable card last time for our food and wine purchases. You can wear it around your wrist and it's so much easier than digging around for cash. You can also use your snack credits.

MNSSHP is also a lot of fun! One of the best Disney parades I've ever seen and you can trick or treat! :goodvibes

Have you ever been to Ohana? That's one of my favorites. A Lapu Lapu is a MUST if you go there. Biergarten is also a blast too. It's a buffet plus entertainment. There's even a little dance floor if the mood strikes!

Thanks!!! I'm real excited about everything, especially the trick or treating! haha :) I've heard nothing but good things about Ohana, so I think that's definately one we'll try this time! I have also heard a lot about Biergarten!!:) I'm super excited! Thanks for all the info!:yay:

I am so excited! I went to Wal-Mart tonight and scored BIG! I found Disney shirts for 3.00 each for DS for our trip!! I also got DH 2 pairs of shorts 7.00 each and 2 shirts (NOT Disney) for 5.00 each! I was excited!
So I got DS 5 shirts so one for each day for now for 15.00 what I would normally pay for like 2 shirts!:cool1::banana::dance3:

Plans look great! I have an idea of where I want to eat but I have to narrow it down. I told Kris (DBf) since we're going for 7 nights he could pick 3 places, I can pick 3, and we'll agree on 1.

WWoHP is AWESOME! I went last year and absolutely loved it. My mouth dropped open when I saw it.

I'll post my plans as the trip gets closer and maybe we can meet up. You get in toward the end of our trip, 9/30-10/7. 10/5 is my birthday so I'm hoping for a MNSSHP that night! :goodvibes

DH HATES Harry Potter...so I'm bribing him with going to some of his favorite places to eat, even though we've already eaten there and want to try new things. Hopefully I get what I want. ;)

I'm torn about MNSSHP because I want to go EVERY night they have it, but that's way too much money haha. I already have my costume picked out though DH is still uncertain about what he wants to be.

I am so excited! I went to Wal-Mart tonight and scored BIG! I found Disney shirts for 3.00 each for DS for our trip!! I also got DH 2 pairs of shorts 7.00 each and 2 shirts (NOT Disney) for 5.00 each! I was excited!
So I got DS 5 shirts so one for each day for now for 15.00 what I would normally pay for like 2 shirts!:cool1::banana::dance3:

Nice!

DH HATES Harry Potter...so I'm bribing him with going to some of his favorite places to eat, even though we've already eaten there and want to try new things. Hopefully I get what I want. ;)

I'm torn about MNSSHP because I want to go EVERY night they have it, but that's way too much money haha. I already have my costume picked out though DH is still uncertain about what he wants to be.

My DBf isn't a Harry Potter fan either but he really liked WWoHP. He still says that's the best ride he's ever been on so your DH may be pleasantly surprised!

Ooooh, what are you going to be for MNSSHP??

Hi all!

Me and my family...10 of us in total are going to Disney 19th Oct - 3rd Nov! I'm so excited still, seeing as we only decided yesterday and it'll be booked by the weekend! :banana: Quite a few reasons for going....We'll have 2 60th bdays and 2 30th bdays so who wouldn't want to spend them in Walt Disney World!! We are staying in a villa off site but it's gonna be a Disney filled adventure from start to finish.....62 weeks and 4 days!! Eeeeeekkkkkkk

Hi! I'm glad I found this thread early!

We are sadly having to postpone our October 2011 trip until October 2012. On a positive, I get to add 3 more days to our trip for next year to make up for it! Yay!

Hoping for a free dining discount! I still have to call and reschedule (putting that dreaded phone call off!) and I think I may schedule our check in day September 29 since that's the last day for the Canadian FD promo in hopes it will be the same for the US! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!