***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

I just booked our October 2012 vacation! Seeing as Disney has released FD for Canadian (International) visitors for Aug and Sept 2012, I booked Sept 29 - Oct 7/12! It isn't a definate, but I am hoping and praying it will come to fruition! It has been a long and hard 3 yrs and I am constantly planning our trips - even when I know it won't happen for a long time!!! :banana:

I'll be there the same time as you! 9/30 - 10/7 :goodvibes

Hi Everyone,
We just put a deposit on our first family vacation to WDW. We're going October 2-8, 2012 and staying at CSR. We're so excited and not telling the kids until the day we fly out. I'm really hoping for some good discounts to appear between now and then!!!

Me(Kirsten)
DH(Brad)
DS-almost 7(William)
DD-2(Emily)

You'll be there the same time as me as well. :goodvibes I hope when I have kids I can keep a Disney trip a secret. Somehow, I doubt I'll be able to hide my own excitement. I'm hoping for some good discounts too!

Just had 1st family vacation in June and hubby has given me the go ahead to plan for oct 2012, as long as he can help plan more meals this time. For him it's all abt the food!

We booked this week for 30th of october - 13th Novemember 2012... I'm so excited already!
I've been once, but that was back in 2001, but this will be husband's first trip (we've been to Disneyland Paris and I've been trying to explain that WDW is on a whole different scale, but I don't think he's quite got it yet!)

Just had 1st family vacation in June and hubby has given me the go ahead to plan for oct 2012, as long as he can help plan more meals this time. For him it's all abt the food!

My DBf and I are going for 7 nights. He's going to pick 3 restaurants, I'm picking 3, and then we're deciding on one together. :goodvibes I figured that's a good compromise.

We booked this week for 30th of october - 13th Novemember 2012... I'm so excited already!
I've been once, but that was back in 2001, but this will be husband's first trip (we've been to Disneyland Paris and I've been trying to explain that WDW is on a whole different scale, but I don't think he's quite got it yet!)

Since 2001? That's going to be like a first time visit all over again. :) And he is in for quite the surprise when he sees how big WDW is. I went to Disneyland in CA for the first time this spring and couldn't believe how small it was!

Since 2001? That's going to be like a first time visit all over again. :) And he is in for quite the surprise when he sees how big WDW is. I went to Disneyland in CA for the first time this spring and couldn't believe how small it was!
Last time I went I was 15 and I went with my mum, so she did all the organising! Hubby has left me in charge of organising this trip...I've already started looking at resturants!

Hello all! I just back from our Disneymoon in June and I've already started planning out our next trip! We are thinking of going sometime in late October, maybe even the last week as we kind of wanted to be there for Halloween. We might be going with my brother in-law and his wife and it will be their first time trip if they come so it should be exciting. I'm looking forward to the MNSSHP and the F&W festival. We'll be booking our time in CSR because thats where we just stayed and we loved it! :lovestruc I can't wait to start planning with you guys!

Hello all! I just back from our Disneymoon in June and I've already started planning out our next trip! We are thinking of going sometime in late October, maybe even the last week as we kind of wanted to be there for Halloween. We might be going with my brother in-law and his wife and it will be their first time trip if they come so it should be exciting. I'm looking forward to the MNSSHP and the F&W festival. We'll be booking our time in CSR because thats where we just stayed and we loved it! :lovestruc I can't wait to start planning with you guys!

I was torn between CSR and POR. Ultimately I went with POR (so far, that could change!) CSR looked beautiful and I LOVE the way the rooms look but it seemed huge!

Wow! Lots are booking already! I'm waiting for a few more weeks at least.. I really want a pin code and we don't have our dates set in stone either. I HAVE to figure out for sure when we are going, b/c DH has to request his vacation time for next year in December...

joining your HAPPY DANCE PARTY! :banana: I had no idea so many people were "preparing" for vacation next year! LOL! I am so excited!!! :lmao: I thought it was too soon for me to get excited and dance around.. Apparently not! :banana::banana: Oct 2012 dance party is in full effect!

Hey Jen our dates are the same (as of right now)... are you flying out of Newark? If so, maybe we will be on the same plane together! :goodvibes I celebrated my 30th in WDW & IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I was prego w/ my first baby...it was HOT & I was always HUNGRY but it was so worth it! :laughing:

I was torn between CSR and POR. Ultimately I went with POR (so far, that could change!) CSR looked beautiful and I LOVE the way the rooms look but it seemed huge!

I've never been to POR and I was a little concerned about the size of CSR when we booked because of all the comments about how big it was and how far everything was. But I honestly didnt mind it. You can request to get the Casitas or the Cabanas sections which are a lot closer to the restaurant and lobby then Ranchos. We stayed in Cabanas 9B and it took us less then a minute to get to the restaurants and bus stop. Our quiet pool was also like a 1-2 minute walk and the main pool was under 5 minutes as well. Compared to walking around in the parks all day, its nothing. CSR is absolutely beautiful and the pictures dont do it justice.

joining your HAPPY DANCE PARTY! :banana: I had no idea so many people were "preparing" for vacation next year! LOL! I am so excited!!! :lmao: I thought it was too soon for me to get excited and dance around.. Apparently not! :banana::banana: Oct 2012 dance party is in full effect!

Hey Jen our dates are the same (as of right now)... are you flying out of Newark? If so, maybe we will be on the same plane together! :goodvibes I celebrated my 30th in WDW & IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I was prego w/ my first baby...it was HOT & I was always HUNGRY but it was so worth it! :laughing:

Yes, we are flying out of Newark! We can have a DIS meet on the plane! :banana: Yay for DIS meets before we even get to Disney World :rotfl: I can't wait to celebrate next year!!

I've never been to POR and I was a little concerned about the size of CSR when we booked because of all the comments about how big it was and how far everything was. But I honestly didnt mind it. You can request to get the Casitas or the Cabanas sections which are a lot closer to the restaurant and lobby then Ranchos. We stayed in Cabanas 9B and it took us less then a minute to get to the restaurants and bus stop. Our quiet pool was also like a 1-2 minute walk and the main pool was under 5 minutes as well. Compared to walking around in the parks all day, its nothing. CSR is absolutely beautiful and the pictures dont do it justice.

Now you're making me want to stay at CSR! :laughing: I think their pool looks awesome and I'm in LOVE with the rooms. I think they're so pretty. That's the closest you can get to staying deluxe without actually booking deluxe! Hmmmm...something to think about...

Was it crowded there? Long lines for the buses? I get a feeling that's one resort that flies under the radar.

I've been looking at pictures of CSR all day and now I want to switch resorts! :rotfl:

not looking to change your mind :rotfl: but POR is so beautiful & romantic... esp the mansion side... long walks along the river, quiet, boat to DTD, horse drawn carriage ride at night... if your just going w/ your BF this is the resort you should stick with! Its just so pretty...AND not to mention, the new rooms that look SO darn pretty!!!! :thumbsup2

I really dont think your going to be disappointed. I really liked CSR too but it didnt have the same feel for me when it was just me and my DH...

not looking to change your mind :rotfl: but POR is so beautiful & romantic... esp the mansion side... long walks along the river, quiet, boat to DTD, horse drawn carriage ride at night... if your just going w/ your BF this is the resort you should stick with! Its just so pretty...AND not to mention, the new rooms that look SO darn pretty!!!! :thumbsup2

I really dont think your going to be disappointed. I really liked CSR too but it didnt have the same feel for me when it was just me and my DH...

Ugh, such a tough choice when it comes to Disney resorts! :rotfl: Between the values, it's so easy, Pop all the way. But when it comes to the moderates, I flip flop around like crazy! As of right now I'm booked in a Royal Room but I think I'd prefer a king room. I've seen pictures of the refurbed Mansion rooms (love the Princess & Frog touches!) but I'm wondering what the AB rooms will look like. Decisions, decisions!!! :laughing:

I've never been to POR so I cant really say which is more romantic but I can say that I found CSR plenty romantic, hehe. It was so nice to walk around the lagoon while the sun was setting and to lay down in the hammocks on the soft white sand and watch the stars together. Plus they even upgraded us to a king sized bed which was AWESOME!

By the way Jenny I replied to your post on th CSR thread! Hope I answered some of your questions.

I've never been to POR so I cant really say which is more romantic but I can say that I found CSR plenty romantic, hehe. It was so nice to walk around the lagoon while the sun was setting and to lay down in the hammocks on the soft white sand and watch the stars together. Plus they even upgraded us to a king sized bed which was AWESOME!

By the way Jenny I replied to your post on th CSR thread! Hope I answered some of your questions.

Hmmm, so should I book a regular room and hope to be upgraded to a king? Or just book a king?

Thanks, headed over that way now! :goodvibes

Hmmm, so should I book a regular room and hope to be upgraded to a king? Or just book a king?

Thanks, headed over that way now! :goodvibes

Well I think they upgraded us because it was our disneymoon. If its your anniversary they might upgrade you. You said it was your birthday celebration right? I'm not sure if they would do that for you for that occasion. You could always see what the price would be to upgrade it OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter