NY Travel Advisory starting 11/4. NJ & CT have separate lists now

well I live in south jersey which has been good. But New Jersey has been really bad because of north jersey. Just like in New York many places are good but NYC made the whole state bad.
North jersey was bad originally because we have so many NYC commuters taking public transportation. It’s rare to go anywhere and not see people wearing masks, because everyone knows people who have had it, have been hospitalized, maybe even died, we are much less relaxed because our hospitals were full.

Looking at the criteria of "he criteria is that these states have unfortunately a high infection rate of at least: 10 new COVID positive cases per 100,000 people on a 7-day rolling average. OR: at least 10% of the total population is COVID-19 positive on a 7-Day rolling average. "

I'm not sure why MD is on the list?
https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
What am I missing?

We were planning on going to WNY for a waterfalls road trip in 3 weeks. Can't do that now. :(

Bummer!

We were headed from WNY to my parents house in MD next week, just to hang at the house and order crabs. Haven't told my parents the news yet. They won't be happy campers.

Looking at the criteria of "he criteria is that these states have unfortunately a high infection rate of at least: 10 new COVID positive cases per 100,000 people on a 7-day rolling average. OR: at least 10% of the total population is COVID-19 positive on a 7-Day rolling average. "

What am I missing?

I think my ad-blocker is blocking some of the charts. Is at least 10% of the total population COVID-19 positive on a 7-Day rolling average?

We were headed from WNY to my parents house in MD next week, just to hang at the house and order crabs. Haven't told my parents the news yet. They won't be happy campers.

You know you can still go down there and hang out & do stuff. The quarantine doesn't change what you do while in those other states. (But wear a mask when out and about. 😷 )You don't have to quarantine down there. It's when you come back that you have to quarantine. Just bring plenty of crabs back with you, so you can keep eating them - at home.

Last edited:
You know you can still go down there and hang out & do stuff. The quarantine doesn't change what you do while in those other states. (But wear a mask. 😷 )You don't have to quarantine down there. It's when you come back that you have to quarantine. Just bring plenty of crabs back with you, so you can keep eating them - at home.

That's the thing, husband wouldn't be able to work for 2 weeks and my kids would miss 2 weeks of extra curricular activities, so I don't think it will fly. I work from home so it wouldn't be too bad for me.

What am I missing?
Maybe I'm misreading this, but it looks there have been 85 cases per capita over the last 7 days. So the average would be 12 a day. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/maryland-coronavirus-cases.html

Update 7/28/20: :(

This gives me absolutely no joy to post this. :(

3 more states added to the NY/NJ/CT travel advisory:

Illinois
Kentucky
Minnesota (re-added) :(

Also added:
Washington D.C
And Puerto Rico

The total states are: (updated as of 7/28/20)
  • Alabama
  • Alaska
  • Arkansas
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Illinois (added 7/28/20)
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky (added 7/28/20)
  • Louisiana
  • Maryland
    Minnesota (re-added 7/28/20)
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • New Mexico
  • Nevada
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Washington D.C. (added 7/28/20)
  • Wisconsin
  • Puerto Rico (added 7/28/20)

There was nothing personal in choosing the states. The criteria is that these states have unfortunately a high infection rate of at least: 10 new COVID positive cases per 100,000 people on a 7 day chart, (called a 7-day rolling average.) OR: at least 10% of the total population is COVID-19 positive on a 7-Day rolling average.

See the first post of this thread and the 3 posts below for further restrictions and specifics of each of the state you want to travel to as they may be different from each other.

Last edited:
Ugh. I’m praying PA doesn’t get added before Saturday. I’m going for my daughters wedding gown fitting. The ceremony is cancelled except for immediate family, but she still wants to wear her gown. She’ll wear it next year for the celebration party, too. I think PA is doing ok in terms of infection rates. Her hospital is down from 200+ hospitalizations to just 9 right now.

Last edited:
Hmm, my sister’s family flew here (NJ) from IL on Saturday, flying back this Saturday.. I hope it won’t be an issue.

Ugh. I’m praying PA doesn’t get added before Saturday. I’m going for my daughters wedding gown fitting. The ceremony is cancelled except for immediate family, but she still wants to wear her gown. She’ll wear it next year for the celebration party, too. I think PA is doing ok in terms of infection rates. Her hospital is down from 200+ people hospitalized right now to just 9.

They seem to update the lists every Tues, as they look at the charts over a 7 day period, (called a 7-Day rolling average.) So, have a wonderful, leisurely visit. Events like this come once in a lifetime and definitely should be celebrated. :grouphug: Do everything and be back by Monday night. :car:

Last edited:
Hmm, my sister’s family flew here (NJ) from IL on Saturday, flying back this Saturday.. I hope it won’t be an issue.

There's no problem for people traveling back to other states, unless IL imposes it's own travel advisory on NJ.

Maryland being put on the list created a huge issue for my Dd who attends Hofstra University an we were instructed she had to quarantine in a state not on the list. Hofstra has limited room on campus for those students. Fortunately she has a boyfriend who resides in Syracuse an will be leaving next week to quarantine before her move in date. I feel for those who don’t have that option

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter