Now Able to Merge/Transfer Gift Card Balances

Can gift cards purchased at Target that have a pre-set value already built in like $50 (rather than selecting any value you wish at a Disney location), be combined? Or is it only for Disney gift cards purchased at a Disney location?
Thanks!

You can combine Target GC together, but it won't let you combine Target GC with ones bought at the Disney store (or other places). I have a bunch I bought at my local grocery store and a bunch at Target. I combined them all into 2 cards - one with all the grocery store cards and one with all the Target cards on it. There is a large thread on the Budget forum about this.

Awesome news, thank you for posting!

FYI-I just got an email today that for the next 2 weeks Kroger has 4x fuel points on gift card purchases. Might as well pick up the cards and save some $$ at the pump.

Can you use the gift cards in the parks to buy food at quick service and kiosks? If so, this would be great, as we have a Sam's Club nearby that sells the discounted giftcards, but I don't want a stack of them, just 1-2 in my wallet :)

Can you use the gift cards in the parks to buy food at quick service and kiosks? If so, this would be great, as we have a Sam's Club nearby that sells the discounted giftcards, but I don't want a stack of them, just 1-2 in my wallet :)

Yes, all quick service and and many kiosks take the gift cards. we seldom use any cash.

And, I find this thread as I am manually entering the last 2 of my stack of 16 $50 gift cards! Guess I'll know for next time! :)

Awesome news, thank you for posting!

FYI-I just got an email today that for the next 2 weeks Kroger has 4x fuel points on gift card purchases. Might as well pick up the cards and save some $$ at the pump.

I've been waiting for the next 4x the fuel points event! I know what I'm doing this weekend!

wow !! wish we knew about this last week ! we had to read off about 25 gift cards to help pay for our honeymoon !!! 51 minute call it wasn't easy since we needed to know how much was on every card ..the lady on the line though was having a good time with it so it made the time go by much faster .But good to know in the future

OK, I'm trying to consolidate my cards. I transferred the balances off 3 cards, and when I went to do the 4th, I got a message saying "Sorry, one of your cards isn't eligible for transfer". The card I tried after that worked fine. Anyone know why one card wouldn't work?

ETA: Added another card that wouldn't merge to the primary one, but merged to the first one that wouldn't merge. I guess these were purchased somewhere else. How strange!

Last edited:
The cards that refuse to merge - can I take those to the Disney store and have them merged there? Or are they forever unmergeable? Also, I have a redemption card with $360 on it. I can purchase a $300 gift card thru disneygiftcard.com but what about the $60 leftover? Can I get that onto one of these gift cards somehow?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter