November W.I.S.H. - Thankful is as thankful does.

I can't think of a topic for today. Anyone have a topic they want to discuss?

It has been a busy morning. It is my first day back in the office in about a week and a half. Lots today today as well.

Yesterday, I finally looked up what Von Williebrand was. This fits so many people in my family. My grandma, mom, sister, me and DD. The most common symptom in woman is very periods. It doesn't sound too serious. More of you just don't clot normal and it may take a little longer then most people. Which I have had issues with this with DD in the past. She once got a surface scrap on her hand. It was like the first couple of layers of skin so nothing that I would have worried about. We were at Disney and going to Disney springs for dinner. I put a band aid on it in the room and by the time we even got remotely close to Disney springs she bleed through the band aid. It took a lot of time in the bathroom with putting pressure on it and then a few band aids for it to stop. This was something that should have never went though the first band aid. I only remember this because we were at Disney and had to talk to customer service to get more band aids.

I was finally able to get her an appointment with the hematologist. It isn't until January 4th. Normally I wouldn't care that it was a month out but I have it my deductible for her this year and was really hoping to get in before January. I guess we will start on next years. They looked over her labs and talked with her doctors (obgyn and peds) and have us meeting with a team of doctors. So I am a bit nervous but know even if she has this it is not a huge deal.

How about a recap of the month for each of us as a 'topic', since it is the end of November... yes, the end of November!

For me this month has gone the way of October in that I've been off track most of the month, then kind of suddenly yesterday things started to turn around. I was doom scrolling IG and it popped up that my favorite Katherine May was going live so I clicked in and it turned out to be an excellent conversation with Daniel Bowman who has just published a book titled 'On the Spectrum", about his autism. They talked about the perceptions of autism vs how it is for them, and both mentioned the intense sensory things, like Katherine has to take the neckline labels out of all her clothing (for me one of them is feeling the hair on my neck, another is having sleeves that end at the wrist). There was a lot of good stuff in that half hour. Last session with my Counselor we decided to get back into the ADHD stuff, so this was very timely.

I finally called the doctor to set up my blood draw, and I also called the Ophthalmologist to get my eyes checked... they've been bloodshot for a while and I think it is a condition related to diabetes. It is manageable and treatable, so I'm relieved to be going in but also not looking forward to it.

I've started taking my blood pressure daily again, it has been very good, and blood sugar has been my normal high. When I talked to Doctor yesterday he gave me an alternative to the statin to take, and I got some yesterday but this morning I have 'the headache', so I'm not sure what to do there next. In a couple weeks I have an appointment to see about getting braces, it will be the third time for me, as an adult, but I think my pallet needs to be widened.

So I guess I have been doing doing healthy things to take care of myself, even tho I've been feeling so self-neglectful. For me December is going to be about getting back to the basics, taking the little steps every day to get where I want to be.

And thus ends my book... phew, what along post.

Last edited:
Great idea!

Things that I can improve upon:

My portions. I eat mostly healthy foods, but when I eat twice the recommended amount they are no longer healthy choices. Time to make a conscious effort to cut back. And have my husband put away leftovers.
Snacking. 4:30 rolls around and I reach for cheese and crackers. I need some better alternatives. Maybe string cheese and grapes?

Things that went well-
I get out and walk nearly every day. It’s so good for my mental health. And it seems to keep me from gaining.

I had to look up what I wrote at the beginning of the month:

For November, I'm working on upping exercise a little, trying to avoid getting into ruts with healthy eating, and continuing with decluttering.

I've done well with exercise. I'm a few minutes over goal in the exercise thread already, and don't plan to skip today, so I should finish nicely ahead of last month.

Food variety has been pretty good as well. Thanksgiving helped shake up the routines.

Decluttering has slowed down in favor of Christmas decorating, but I have still been doing some quick little bits, and I dropped off a box this morning that had been previously filled and was waiting for donation.

Cheese and crackers is one of out "go-to" items for 3:00 snack here as well, but we also often do peanut butter on apple slices or celery, or sometimes popcorn and nuts.
Popcorn is a great idea-I love popcorn! We ate a lot of celery over the holiday with bruschetta (30 calories for 2 tablespoons). I shouldn’t think of it as just “party food.”

It is WooHoo Wednesday. What are you WooHooing?

Me I am going to go with finally having all of my incentive payments at work entered. There we like 70 of them. It took me forever because I kept putting it off. It is just a boring process. The email will go to students today letting them they are getting more money so the rest of the week I have some awesome emails in response. Helping these kids is what I love about my job.

Woohoo, I did some Christmas shopping yesterday and found a nice garland for the fireplace here at the beach.

Woohoo, the cabbage and tomato dish was a hit. And I have leftovers to take home today.

Woohoo, it’s a beautiful, sunny day, so I got out for a walk before our 4 hour drive home.

Woohoo... I took myself out to an expensive but yummy and very high protein dinner last night and am feeling better for it today.

Woohoo-ish... my new TV came and I got it set up last night, that's the positive part. The not-so-woohoo-y part is that it is much more disruptive than I thought it would be. I went from a 32" to a 43" and it just feels huge. Plus I can't figure out how to get to my standard Comcast channel menu, it just brings up all the streaming menus. Somehow I managed to get to FoodNetwork, but have no idea how and couldn't repeat it if I had to. But back to a positive note, if I can't figure out how to get to the Comcast menu I might just cancel my cable.

Woohoo... the tree is up and lovely as ever. I don't think I can fit anything else on it, but will continue to move things around until, well, Christmas. The primary presents are all wrapped and most decor is up. I feel like I'm late but it is just the first day of December!

Plus I can't figure out how to get to my standard Comcast channel menu, it just brings up all the streaming menus. Somehow I managed to get to FoodNetwork, but have no idea how and couldn't repeat it if I had to. But back to a positive note, if I can't figure out how to get to the Comcast menu I might just cancel my cable.

It sounds like you have a smart TV. We just got one about a month or so ago when our TV died. We don't have cable any longer but you might need to change the input to get to your comcast. We also found that we are spending the same amount on streaming as we were on cable. We went with YouTube TV, which I love, and already had Netflix. We did buy Paramount when it came out so DS and I could finish watching all of the Survivor episodes. Now that we are done with that and when the year is up (we paid for a year up front) we will drop it. It is not very good in my opinion and not worth keeping. We do have Amazon as well just because we have Prime. The smart TV makes this all very easy to navigate but if I had cable I might be lost on how to find it.

It sounds like you have a smart TV. We just got one about a month or so ago when our TV died. We don't have cable any longer but you might need to change the input to get to your comcast. We also found that we are spending the same amount on streaming as we were on cable. We went with YouTube TV, which I love, and already had Netflix. We did buy Paramount when it came out so DS and I could finish watching all of the Survivor episodes. Now that we are done with that and when the year is up (we paid for a year up front) we will drop it. It is not very good in my opinion and not worth keeping. We do have Amazon as well just because we have Prime. The smart TV makes this all very easy to navigate but if I had cable I might be lost on how to find it.
Thanks I'll give this a try... I randomly plugged it in to HTML2, so I go to HTML1.

The other day I made the executive decision that we will be in Disney World for Christmas next year. Not sure how I'm going to make that happen, but DH is overjoyed!

All the leftovers are gone and I am glad! The eating wasn't terrible, but I definitely need to get back on track.
I made that same executive decision on Christmas 2007 for Christmas 2008. It was DD's last year believing in Santa Claus, and it was the most amazing Christmas/New Years ever!

Catching up...

I have not been right since my physical in September. I do not like my doctor, and I am feeling low-key rebellious. At times, I eat healthy, and others, I don't. I haven't stepped on the scale, because I am afraid of what I will see. For now, I am just coasting. In January, I may need to join Noom again. We shall see...

Wahoo we had chipotle for dinner tonight so I didn't have to cook! And I'll have a delicious lunch of leftovers tomorrow!!

Wahoo DS2 posted a Facebook video of him performing and I just love listening to him sing. He's gotten a lot of positive comments including from his middle school choir teacher and some fellow church choir members. So fun.

I feel like November was just okay. I did track all my food, but that was discouraging at times. I tweaked something and limped around for a week, so no yoga. For December, I'm just going to try to make healthy decisions. I know, I say that every month! I do have two weeks off so am really hoping I'll get walks in every morning with my group or if they're not walking, I can just go solo.

Today is Thankful Thursday. What are you Thankful for?

Today I am thankful for my sons soccer coaches. Last night we had his awards banquet. He was the only player on the JV that got an award. He got the most improved player. He is the only kid that has only played rec soccer and only played for a few years. Plus he didn't play for a year because of COVID. This kid never missed a game and only missed 2 practices going back to last May. He missed one practice because I told him to and I took the kids to the county fair (he earned the day off) then in September when he was sick and we were waiting on his COVID test to come back. He is always one of the first players at practice and I swear the last to leave. He put his heart into soccer and it paid off. He went from not playing much at the beginning to playing most of each game. I am thankful that the coaches saw his effort and his improvement and awarded him for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter