November W.I.S.H. - Thankful is as thankful does.

Looks like we need someone to host next week-11/29-12/5. (and the rest of December). Any takers? Remember, whatever you do is just fine! We just need a prompt to get us going and are happy to follow along!

11/29-12/5
12/6-12/12
12/13-12/19 sjrec
12/20-12/26 (we can wing it this week since it’s the holiday week)
12/27-1/2

I can take the 6th-12th

Looks like we need someone to host next week-11/29-12/5. (and the rest of December). Any takers? Remember, whatever you do is just fine! We just need a prompt to get us going and are happy to follow along!

11/29-12/5
12/6-12/12
12/13-12/19 sjrec
12/27-1/2
I will take 12/27-1/2.

I just realized how little water I was drinking this past weekend-going to work on that today!

Family just left for home so will have a quiet day. After our walk I will settle in for football. We have a few leftovers we can finish for dinner so I can have a lazy day.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving holiday and can rest and recharge for the week ahead.

Lots of traveling going on this weekend, but especially today. DD asked me to drive her back and forth to work since Black Friday because she can't find parking, and since she closes the store in the dark, she wants to be able to lock up and get to her car quickly. The traffic has been nuts, and has been getting worse by the day. It doesn't matter if I take back roads or the parkway...cars from EVERYWHERE including Nova Scotia, West Virginia, as well as the usual Mass, NY, and NJ.

The only shopping I did was the Hallmark Paper Store next to DD's store so I could get nice wrapping paper and bows. Then I picked up pastries at Panera for new neighbors to welcome them to the neighborhood. Otherwise, I have been avoiding shopping in stores. I've done some online shopping, but the "deals" were not as impressive as years past.

The house is decorated for Christmas, and DH did some of the lights, but he still has more to do.

Today, I'm paying bills and getting chores done ahead of the return to school...BOO!

I haven’t done much in store shopping either. I went to our local TJ Maxx here and got some nice wrapping paper and tags-the Hallmark store by us at home closed.
We’ll head home Wednesday and I will start decorating. I won’t put up much here because we won’t return until New Years.

It has been a very busy week for me. I put together 2 night stands, a tall dresser, long dresser and a trundle/day bed. We did one a day and they all took about 4ish hours to do. By the time we were done with the bed on Wednesday, my right hand was in a lot of pain. We took a ton of bags to Good Will as well. So lots of cleaning between our room and DD's.

Wednesday night I made cupcakes, brownies, chocolate pie and deviled eggs for Thanksgiving. Most of it going to my mom's. As soon as I was done making everything I got the text that Thanksgiving at my moms was canceled. My step dad tested positive for COVID. I did take everything to my inlaws but most of it came home with me and I have been eating all of it. Thankfully most of it gone now. My step dad is doing good. He has just been congested. My mom did have me pick up a turkey breast and thighs from her. I have made turkey soup, turkey salad and turkey pot pie. We will be eating turkey all week.

Last Monday I got some news that I was hoping not to get and wasn't fully expecting. DD went to an OBGYN because her periods are really heavy. The doctor did some blood work to make sure there was no clotting disorder that was causing the heavy bleeding. We the test for Von Wildebrand (a clotting disorder) came back high. It was only off by like 10 but still high. She has us going to a hematologist now just to make sure. With it only being slightly high they may say it is still normal and nothing to worry about. Just one more thing for her to do.

I can take this week if no one else has. I am back at work after being off for a week and will only be at work for about 3 weeks before being off for 2 more weeks. So I have lots to do but I should be able to get on in the morning and post someting.

It's been a busy few days, just like everyone else eh?
Thanksgiving at my BIL's was a long but nice day. Managed to take a mile-ish long walk with DH's cousins before enjoying caramel apple martinis yum.
Friday I worked for part of the day then we put up the tree. Always an adventure with small children. Anyone notice how ornaments that were once your "nice ones" all of a sudden one day become "back of the tree?" And DS9 tonight was commenting on the tag attached to our elf. I said (as I have when he has brought this up before) you've gone to school with tags still on your clothes a few times. I think he is becoming suspicious of the elf...
DS9 is a fun little shopping buddy...he loves going to yankee candle and smelling everything. We went and it wasn't too busy so I let him take his mask off to briefly sniff for the first time since 2019. We picked out Christmasy air fresheners for the kids' rooms and a couple to hang in the tree. Combine those with scented oils from magic candle and mainstreet melts and we are seriously smelling like Christmas! Brought out magic candle's Floridian Christmas today, love that smell.
Last night was The Polar Express which was super fun. Didnt get to do it last year and this year they did all the photo-ops against outdoor background but it was still great. We saw the "chef" from the car we have sat in for the past 7 years...almost cried when she came to give DH a hug. She works consessions now but is always on the lookout for our group. There has been combo of people from DH's family attending the event yearly for 13 years. The first year we went after DH's grandmother passed this chef and the reader we had for many years actually cried with us. The reader on the car was new (to us) this year and he was awesome. Great voice and great with the kids. DD actually sat still on my lap and paid attention to the story while it was being read. The rest of the ride she was a little maniac but I am guessing that means she has learned to sit quietly while reading at school. Anyone who has a Polar Express ride near them who has not gone on it, I highly encourage it, so fun.
Did a lot of online shopping the last couple days...going to be entering into another round of I WONDER WHATS IN THIS BOX real soon. A lot of the shopping was on etsy which makes me feel a smidge better since its supporting small businesses, sort of.
Almost out of leftovers which means I have to cook tomorrow bbbbooo. The last few years since I cooked a full dinner for my parents we had tons of leftovers...not so this year.
Next week is my last full work week of the year. Pretty sure the 3rd is the last Friday I am working until 2022!

It has been a very busy week for me. I put together 2 night stands, a tall dresser, long dresser and a trundle/day bed. We did one a day and they all took about 4ish hours to do. By the time we were done with the bed on Wednesday, my right hand was in a lot of pain. We took a ton of bags to Good Will as well. So lots of cleaning between our room and DD's.

Wednesday night I made cupcakes, brownies, chocolate pie and deviled eggs for Thanksgiving. Most of it going to my mom's. As soon as I was done making everything I got the text that Thanksgiving at my moms was canceled. My step dad tested positive for COVID. I did take everything to my inlaws but most of it came home with me and I have been eating all of it. Thankfully most of it gone now. My step dad is doing good. He has just been congested. My mom did have me pick up a turkey breast and thighs from her. I have made turkey soup, turkey salad and turkey pot pie. We will be eating turkey all week.

Last Monday I got some news that I was hoping not to get and wasn't fully expecting. DD went to an OBGYN because her periods are really heavy. The doctor did some blood work to make sure there was no clotting disorder that was causing the heavy bleeding. We the test for Von Wildebrand (a clotting disorder) came back high. It was only off by like 10 but still high. She has us going to a hematologist now just to make sure. With it only being slightly high they may say it is still normal and nothing to worry about. Just one more thing for her to do.

I can take this week if no one else has. I am back at work after being off for a week and will only be at work for about 3 weeks before being off for 2 more weeks. So I have lots to do but I should be able to get on in the morning and post someting.
You have had a very busy and stressful week. Glad to hear your step father is recovering. Your daughter is a real trooper, that’s for sure.

Thank you for keeping us on track next week. That would be great!

:hug:

So I am not good with posting things from the internet. I still really have not it figured it out. Here is a link to a quote that I liked this morning and was fitting for me this week. Lets see how this works.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Jc53hFqHxWMN7MbJ9

So the quote is "Don't let a stumble in the road be the end of your journey"

Last week I ate horribly. There was way too much junk food in the house and not enough working out. This week for is the week to get back on track.

How did you do last week with the holiday? Is this your week to get back on track like me?

Last week and the weekend were definitely “stumbles”. Good news is the leftovers are gone and some things that are left I can freeze. I’m making a crockpot recipe today that’s cabbage, tomatoes and ground turkey-kind of a detox! My family was here so we definitely did a lot of walking (had a really nice walk on a mostly empty boardwalk and on the beach). That’s probably what saved me from myself.

DS9 is a fun little shopping buddy...he loves going to yankee candle and smelling everything.

My DS did when he was little too!

How did you do last week with the holiday? Is this your week to get back on track like me?

I did OK on Thanksgiving proper, no so great with leftovers. This is an odd week for me, because DH is traveling for work for a couple of days for the first time in ages - which means I alternately eat better and worse than usual. (Thank a lot of "girly" salads interspersed with major carbs not on his diet. - It will all balance out in the end though.)

I'm currently waiting for the guy who's coming to do some repairs and painting in the bathroom, and I'm going to do some more Christmas decorating.

Catching up...

Thanksgiving was, well, OK. It was nice to get out of the house and do the
drive. We got in a beach walk, had a good meal, good conversation and played Dominos. That was the positive part. On the down side my Sister is kind of a hoarder in that she can't let things go, and she didn't clean house for the holiday, which was just kind of sad. I've had a vision of what I want my next Thanksgiving to be like... camping with my Boyfriend, fasting on Thanksgiving and breaking fast on Friday with a harvest meal eaten around the campfire. I'm going to hang on to that vision and make it happen.

As per usual, I didn't get most of the things on my to-do list done. My big thing accomplished was I painted the hallway, which wasn't even officially on my list. I finally came up with a color that makes sense... looking in to the hallway you look thru the sage green kitchen and past the peacock blue sofa, and the hallway goes from a grey bedroom to the now olive green office. I found a greyish/blue/green color that works from either direction and it looks and feel so much better. The bathroom also needs to be painted, I just have to decide if I'm going to tackle it before or after Christmas.

This morning I actually looked at my list of November goals and the only one I've accomplished is four podcasts. Ooops. Well, with two days left in the month I'm not going to turn that around, but I can get pointed in a better direction for December.

11/29-12/5
12/6-12/12 PollyannaMom
12/13-12/19 sjrec
12/27-1/2 Summer2018
Looks like we still need someone for this week and to launch December? I can take it up.

The other day I made the executive decision that we will be in Disney World for Christmas next year. Not sure how I'm going to make that happen, but DH is overjoyed!

All the leftovers are gone and I am glad! The eating wasn't terrible, but I definitely need to get back on track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!