November W.I.S.H. - Thankful is as thankful does.

Will be getting organized for the upcoming holiday. Might sneak a trip into HomeGoods tomorrow. Definitely have to shop for groceries
The park near us does a walk through Christmas light display so will get tickets for that for next Friday when our family is here.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Friday!

Well nothing seems to go as planned. I let DD go to school today even though she is congested. She texted me that she was taking advil and that she took her inhaler. She said she was having a hard time breathing and she thinks it is because her nose is stuffed up. I told her the inhaler would not work for that and she said that it did help. So now I think that there is something up with her lungs with this cold or whatever it is. I picked her up from school and am taking her to the doctor. I just looked at our district COVID dashboard and there are 23 students and 1 staff with COVID. The kids are telling that everyone is sick. UGH. I feel like a horrible mom for sending her this morning. I don't want to be that parent. She seemed ok this morning and was happy and bubbly. She wasn't acting sick.

Well, Friday it is.

Last night was the longest night, I woke up at 2am and never really got back to sleep. My brain was processing really random memories, quite a few of them everyday stuff from when I lived in Chicago, like how I used to walk around the lake at my apartment building. It got me to pulling up the floor plan for the apartment I had there, a really nice studio with two walk-in closets. And I started thinking about how that was a period in my life that I would love to do over, because I would do so many things differently knowing what I now know about myself.

No big plans for the weekend, just stuff close to home and getting more ready for the holidays. I've got laundry running already today, to get a step ahead on chores. It is supposed to be dry all weekend, so I will get down to the park for some walks. I think early Sunday I'll do the last bit of Thanksgiving shopping, for the perishables in the salad I'm taking. But mostly just chilling.

DD has a sinus infection. I had them do a COVID test to be on the safe side since we will be driving DH's grandmother to Thanksgiving dinner. I just need to know for sure. He was pretty confident that it is just a sinus infection though. He thinks that the inhaler working could have been just a placebo affect or maybe it just helped a bit. Her lungs were clear though. I assumed DD took advil because of an headache but when I asked her after the appointment she said her head didn't hurt. It was her face. I feel better now that I took her. Now she has all weekend to rest.

DD has a sinus infection. I had them do a COVID test to be on the safe side since we will be driving DH's grandmother to Thanksgiving dinner. I just need to know for sure. He was pretty confident that it is just a sinus infection though. He thinks that the inhaler working could have been just a placebo affect or maybe it just helped a bit. Her lungs were clear though. I assumed DD took advil because of an headache but when I asked her after the appointment she said her head didn't hurt. It was her face. I feel better now that I took her. Now she has all weekend to rest.
Good to hear... hope she's feeling better soon.

Yesterday Serena at Living by Disney went to the new Cirque du Soleil show and was so overcome by it she could barely talk to do a recap. So I just bought myself a ticket to go during my Feb/March trip... I also want to be so blown away by something that I loose the ability to form words!

Last edited:
The students were adorable today. Lots of Elsa's and I saw a boy with ladybug wings. I almost said, "Hello, Frances!" but he was too far away.

The only thing officially happening this weekend is that our van that is old enough to vote gets an oil change!

None of our children have given us present ideas. So frustrating! DS2 is scheduled to fly home Tuesday night. Hoping the storm doesn't delay him!

4DDD082A-915B-4738-BA4B-A383D47815C8.jpeg
Laughter boosts your mood and immunity while decreasing stress and pain. Studies show it may even help you live longer. What makes you laugh?

Person
Book
Movie
Animal
Memory

Person-my husband. I’ve said this before, but he makes me laugh every day. A famous person would be Will Ferrell because I love how he just embraces being so silly.

Book-anything by David Sedaris

Movie-I love old movies and Bringing Up Baby with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn is a favorite.

Animal-I could spend hours watching videos of animals, but the ones with dogs are hilarious. And sloths!

Memory-my daughter was only about 5 or 6 and one summer we went to our local Lion’s Carnival. I took her to play Bingo, paid our 10 cents and got her a card and markers. She was carefully following along, but the games would be over in minutes. After 2 or 3 games she stood up and said “Well! This is just throwing your money away! I’m done!”

Laughter boosts your mood and immunity while decreasing stress and pain. Studies show it may even help you live longer. What makes you laugh?

Person
Book
Movie
Animal
Memory
These will be hard to narrow down as comedy is my favorite genre...

Person: Other than my DD, Melissa McCarthy absolutely cracks me up. I really enjoy Kate McKinnon on SNL, my favorite show.

Book: My favorite author is Janet Evanovich who has made me laugh out loud reading her books.

Movie: "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." "Christmas Vacation" is another favorite. As a kid, I loved watching Jerry Lewis movies, and every once in a while, DD and I will break out the VCR and watch one of my many tapes of his movies.

Animal: As a kid, I loved watching monkeys at the zoo, but lately, I have been obsessed with penguins.

Memory: The first time I watched DD perform stand-up in a nightclub was just a month before the pandemic. She was so hilarious. She was offered another gig at that club and another at a nightclub in North Hampton, Massachussetts. Then we went into lockdown. Since then, she has performed in online shows, but it just isn't the same. Her comedy mentor moved to California where she performs regularly. DD's focus has shifted to her career in Fashion. I hope to once again watch her perform on stage.

These will be hard to narrow down as comedy is my favorite genre...

Person: Other than my DD, Melissa McCarthy absolutely cracks me up. I really enjoy Kate McKinnon on SNL, my favorite show.

Book: My favorite author is Janet Evanovich who has made me laugh out loud reading her books.

Movie: "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." "Christmas Vacation" is another favorite. As a kid, I loved watching Jerry Lewis movies, and every once in a while, DD and I will break out the VCR and watch one of my many tapes of his movies.

Animal: As a kid, I loved watching monkeys at the zoo, but lately, I have been obsessed with penguins.

Memory: The first time I watched DD perform stand-up in a nightclub was just a month before the pandemic. She was so hilarious. She was offered another gig at that club and another at a nightclub in North Hampton, Massachussetts. Then we went into lockdown. Since then, she has performed in online shows, but it just isn't the same. Her comedy mentor moved to California where she performs regularly. DD's focus has shifted to her career in Fashion. I hope to once again watch her perform on stage.
Watching her perform must have been amazing! Not quite the same, but I visited my daughter’s classroom during American Ed Week her first year of teaching. I remember going back to car and just sitting there beaming, a little teary and so, so proud. I can only imagine what you were feeling watching her perform in front of a (paying!) audience.

DD is hosting Friendsgiving this afternoon/evening, so any plans I had went out the window. 20’somethings are funny. Every single one of them brought a dish, but I am the one that has to heat everything up whilst keeping DD’s mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls warm. I don’t have enough burners or oven space for all of this food. Of course, someone brought a dip that needed to be baked…so grateful that the guy who brought the stuffing prepared it at home, although it was ice-cold. I was convinced that he would show up with a box of Stovetop Stuffing! We have plans for a kitchen renovation. I am wishing that I had my new kitchen right now!!!

Watching her perform must have been amazing! Not quite the same, but I visited my daughter’s classroom during American Ed Week her first year of teaching. I remember going back to car and just sitting there beaming, a little teary and so, so proud. I can only imagine what you were feeling watching her perform in front of a (paying!) audience.
It was incredible. She attended a performing arts high school, performed in community theatre, and has been acting and singing since she was very young. But this was a big deal, and if it weren’t for the pandemic, her future would have looked very different. As exciting as all of this is, I am happy that she returned to school to pursue a more stable career.

Person-so many people but lately Kathleen Madigan has been my go to for giggles. Her podcast I awesome and what I listen to on my commute home from work or if I cant sleep. I've watched her standup specials countless times and I still crack up.
Book-so many! For non-fiction Bill Envgall's just a guy. Fiction anything by Christopher Moore particularly "The stupidest Angel" and "Lamb" which brings me from laughter to tears and back every time I've read it
Movie-Crazy Stupid Love, Its Complicated, Superbad
Animal-cant really narrow it down...so many funny animals. Social media and the internet in general would be a much better place if it was just an encyclopedia with cat's riding roombas.
Memory-hard to narrow that down either. But was reminiscing the other day with my MIL about when I had to bring DS9 to the ER when he was like 3 and DS6 was a baby. DS6 ended up spending the night with my in-laws. Next morning DS9 (who has always been a bit precocious) marches up their steps and said "mema we are here to get (DS6 name) you can't keep him."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter