That's my biggest disappointment in the hours update, too! I'm wondering if Disney will routinely open HS (or at least TSL and GE) before the posted opening they way they do with Pandora. Unfortunately, our HS day is 11/5, so I don't know if anyone will have a chance to report back about how things were handled on 11/3 or 11/4 before we go.

That's a good point. My understanding is that HS is very strict about when they have historically let people in, but your Pandora example gives me hope! At least my date is far into November so I'll definitely know by then if that is happening. Thanks!

That's my biggest disappointment in the hours update, too! I'm wondering if Disney will routinely open HS (or at least TSL and GE) before the posted opening they way they do with Pandora. Unfortunately, our HS day is 11/5, so I don't know if anyone will have a chance to report back about how things were handled on 11/3 or 11/4 before we go.

Our dates weren’t extended either but I look at it this way. They normally extend hours when they expect higher crowds, so if our dates haven’t been extended then I’m hoping that means lower crowds? Here’s hoping!!

Our dates weren’t extended either but I look at it this way. They normally extend hours when they expect higher crowds, so if our dates haven’t been extended then I’m hoping that means lower crowds? Here’s hoping!!

This is what I’m telling myself about our dates as well (11/16-11/23)...and I’m happy that our PPO BOG ADR is still safe (at least for now). An earlier open at HS would have been nice, but it also would have made things even iffier as to whether our girls could have made it through to the end of F! or JBJB.

Managed to snag 50's Prime Time for lunch to break up our long HS day, but still desperately seeking SciFi. I swear this is the hardest ADR to get. Come on, TP!
Good luck-I hope TP comes through for you! We've been twice so far and didn't manage to get one. Finally did this coming trip, figuring that HS hours would be extended and we'd want the break. So far our hours haven't been extended. ☹ I'll probably have to let the ADR go, but I'm waiting until I'm 100% sure they won't add that extra hour in the morning. I know that if I let it go I won't get it back.

Good luck-I hope TP comes through for you! We've been twice so far and didn't manage to get one. Finally did this coming trip, figuring that HS hours would be extended and we'd want the break. So far our hours haven't been extended. ☹ I'll probably have to let the ADR go, but I'm waiting until I'm 100% sure they won't add that extra hour in the morning. I know that if I let it go I won't get it back.

I have one on Black Friday, but I really would rather do it on 11/26. This is why I hate making ADRs so far in advance. I know things pop up all the time, so I am just going to keep checking. I actually beat TP on the 50s ADR. lol

This is what I’m telling myself about our dates as well (11/16-11/23)...and I’m happy that our PPO BOG ADR is still safe (at least for now). An earlier open at HS would have been nice, but it also would have made things even iffier as to whether our girls could have made it through to the end of F! or JBJB.

You are both saying what i'm thinking. i'm hoping they are expecting lower crowds and i'm glad my PPO BOG hasn't been interrupted. We already have a droid depot res for the earliest possible time, so we're not rushing to HS either. Here's to keeping our hours the same for good reasons 🍻

So here’s a big question for everyone....after recent events; Will you be skylinering, or not? Curious to see if any changes will be made during the off line sessions over this week?

So here’s a big question for everyone....after recent events; Will you be skylinering, or not? Curious to see if any changes will be made during the off line sessions over this week?

Not this time, but that would have been true even if things had gone smoothly so far. Three members of my family hate heights, and being 60 feet off the ground in a gondola is not happening for them. Even if I were by myself, I'd wait a few months until they had more time to be sure everything was working as planned.

Probably not with our kids. For us, it was a reminder that we shouldn’t be taking WDW transportation for granted...particularly when we have our young kids with us. My husband and I would be fine going on it solo (with a bathroom stop beforehand and water/snack in our bag).

Probably not with our kids. For us, it was a reminder that we shouldn’t be taking WDW transportation for granted...particularly when we have our young kids with us. My husband and I would be fine going on it solo (with a bathroom stop beforehand and water/snack in our bag).

That’s kind of my feeling, too. I get vertigo easily and wasn’t super sure I wanted to ride it anyway but my husband was so excited for it so I was going to woman up and ride it, but now, knowing we’ll have a 2 year old in tow and that could happen..... I can’t even imagine.....

I would still ride it, we've been on them at ski resorts and were just fine. The distance to the ground was actually a lot more than the Skyliner in those. We'd just take bathroom breaks before and have water on hand. I'm not sure we will this trip though, just because it'll be faster to take other forms of transportation to the places we need to get to.

Definitely! I booked CBR with the Skyliner in mind and I would be bummed to not ride it. Besides, it is probably safer now than at any time since Disney is going to be extra vigilant right now to avoid more bad press.

I have no need to ride next month, and not sure I would yet. In March we are going to try the character breakfast at Topolino's coming from BWI, so hopefully they have it running smoothly by then. :)

My sister was hesitant to ride them to begin with so I was most likely going to have to ride them alone. I was going to try the HS part of the Skyliner because the route looked shorter without going over much water, if any. But now I’m not so sure. I know accidents can happen with anything, but I have to think about it. I want to try it for the experience, so we’ll see. If it’s convenient for my plans, I might but I don’t know if I’ll be going out of my way to ride them.

We'll be hopping on Skyliner first thing after we drop our stuff at the hotel. Might stick to buses on departure day though, just to be safe, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter