November 2013 - Car Rental Rates/Codes

I have never seen the prices of car rentals stay so solid for so long. there has been no movement for over a month. Was wondering what if anything is going on? I have been checking 3 times a day for the last month. normally I would see prices move around but nothing for this trip. Still have 4 weeks so hoping things will change. last trip, 3 weeks out was the magic time so hoping for the same.

a couple weeks ago I noticed a drop in some rates...seems like they went back up again since though....from what I can see:confused3

for instance,I booked with Alamo,no codes for my dates for 88.68 2 weeks ago, right now that same rental is 224.00:crazy2: it seems almost impossible for the rates to vary so much....no codes, just used insiders i.d.

I keep opening up this thread hoping for some rental love, but I'm in the same boat as everyone else. We're flying into Tampa and the best prices I've found for our 9-day trip was through Alamo with Insiders and code AD2338FDF for a total of $214. I believe an intermediate.

Now when I look, none of the codes are available and the totals are coming up to over $400 for same size cars. :confused3

I'm not giving up. Back in April, I lucked onto a rate of $8/day for Alamo.

Hi there,

We have reserved a mini van from 11/28-12/7 from National (w/ KLM code) at a cost of $430. I was hoping to see prices around $350, but so far this was the best I could find.

I look forward to hearing how others have fared thus far...

Happy planning y'all!!

Use Budget code x474200 much cheaper than I used a $40 coupon code $185 for van Nov 24-Dec1 2013

I have never seen the prices of car rentals stay so solid for so long. there has been no movement for over a month. Was wondering what if anything is going on? I have been checking 3 times a day for the last month. normally I would see prices move around but nothing for this trip. Still have 4 weeks so hoping things will change. last trip, 3 weeks out was the magic time so hoping for the same.

WE are staying at SSR and Windsor Hills this Thanksgiving. Use Budget code x474200 Then $40 coupon brought our mini van to $185 plus tax

Is it possible to rent thru carrentalsavers.com and to drop off at Port Canaveral? So far I am not having any luck checking rates doing that, it keeps telling me no cars available, and I think it is because I am picking up at MCO and wanting to return to Port Canaveral.

I am also dropping off at Port Canaveral. I have no problem checking rates at carrentalsavers.com. But for port canaveral, make sure it's you pick near a place of interest.

Just switched my rental reservation. I had 10/31-11/12 SUV mid size with National under the KLM code for 426, but was nervous after hearing the potential issues. I instead got same thing with Hertz under AAA rates and a $45 off coupon for a total of 489 with taxes. (KLM code does not have taxes added and some mentioned getting a bill for them later!)

I feel safer with the AAA rate.

I have never been billed for those and have used the code 5 times.

I have National from 10/30~11/9 for $286 (full size) using KLM code and BJs $30 off coupon. I am not too happy about the rate since I rented for much less in our previous trips.

I also hold firefly for $206 (compact) but I am little nervous about them since they are fairly new at MCO.

I hope that rates come down as we get closer to the trip but if not, I'm probably going to National for comfort.

What is going on with rates right now? I have a printout of a rate for 88+,and the same thing is well over 200+ now.... whatis going on?

What is going on with rates right now? I have a printout of a rate for 88+,and the same thing is well over 200+ now.... whatis going on?

I'm wondering the same thing. I've been watching rates hoping they would go down from what I got in September and right now they are soo much higher! This is my first time renting a car for the trip to disney.

Is this normal? Will they go down again?

carrentalsavers.com has the great rates thru Budget for Jersey Week again as of this AM. We have a SUV for $172 (includes all taxes/fees) for the week.

Use Budget code x474200 much cheaper than I used a $40 coupon code $185 for van Nov 24-Dec1 2013

Can someone please help me figure out how to "add a $40 coupon" to my Budget rental? I have put in the offer code, but can't seem to figure out what to put in the coupon code area. Thank you :goodvibes

Can someone please help me figure out how to "add a $40 coupon" to my Budget rental? I have put in the offer code, but can't seem to figure out what to put in the coupon code area. Thank you :goodvibes

Click on the little box that says "use an offer code" and the rate code and coupon code boxes will show up.

I am also dropping off at Port Canaveral. I have no problem checking rates at carrentalsavers.com. But for port canaveral, make sure it's you pick near a place of interest.

I have tried this, and every time I put in Port Canaveral and then complete the reservation, the system then shows my return location as 1950 Magnolia Palm, Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830. :confused:

Right now I have nothing booked and our trip is coming up in mid-November. These rates are making me nauseous.

I have tried this, and every time I put in Port Canaveral and then complete the reservation, the system then shows my return location as 1950 Magnolia Palm, Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830. :confused:

Right now I have nothing booked and our trip is coming up in mid-November. These rates are making me nauseous.

Try Cape Canaveral instead of port canaveral and see that would help. I have no trouble with Port Canaveral but you do have to select Fl as the state.

I am going on a holiday Nov 13 to Nov 22 to Orlando. I need a full size or larger. I have been looking for a car rental and I am having a few problems if anyone can help. First are there any coupon codes out there for Budget that are working right now I cannot seem to find one that works. Even ones that worked a few weeks ago no longer work. Second I mostly rent from budget because I have so many problems with the other sites I dont know how to use them I think it is probably me because for the last 3 years that I have been reading these board people seem to get great deals at other rental companies. I just cant get them to work for me. Thank you and if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated Thanks again Janet

I've got a standard car for 11/25-12/6 booked with Dollar that I got through car rental savers and it was $214 total. That was about a month ago I got that rate and ever since it's been at least $50-$100 higher,

My advice is to check every day sometimes the rate will even change from morning to night. Prices seem to be staying high right now :confused3

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter