E-Z Rent-A-Car Confirmation:

Pickup: Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) on 11/01/2013 at 09:00 AM
Return: Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) on 11/05/2013 at 05:00 PM
Car Class: Compact

Extra Day Rate: $15.71
Weekly Rate: $110.00
Estimated Total*: $167.30

No extra discount.

I just booked today with Alamo using the vroom vroom code and my insiders code Nov 2-9 $239 for a midsize suv out of Tampa. Not to bad for now. Linda:)

My current rental is for a premium at Dollar, and the price $325, that is with no promo codes, but I did select the "city deals" option on the website. Our dates are November 14-23rd, so technically a nine day rental.

We rented in 2011 from the 11-20th, so the same amount of time, and essentially the same week. In 2011 we were able to get a great deal, $108 for a fullsize from Alamo, but we booked that just a few weeks before the trip.

I'll plan to keep watching rates, and this thread, to see what I can find, I would like to pay less, because I have snagged GREAT deals in the past, but I am very comfortable with $325 for nine days!

Going pretty much the same time frame hoping for a good deal!!! Never had to pay more than 275 so hoping for a great deal or code to come out. If I see anything I will post it here. Happy watching!!

Got full size for 295 so far for 10 days well see if we can do better in the next couple months

Okay, so our dates are Nov 10-19. Need a minivan. Currently have:

ALAMO using Vroom Vroom and Visa code: $320.99 total

NATIONAL using KLM code: $371.98 total

E-Z Rent-a-car using 10% code and 3% for "liking" on Facebook: $335.88

I would rather use Alamo or National, but I am hesitant because of some of the controversy about the Vroom Vroom and KLM codes.

Not nervous about them denying me, but more so about the insurance issues (they both include LDW and even though I am covered for rentals with my own auto policy, some people on these boards seem to suggest your own company might refuse to pay if you have LDW though the rental company?? Does anyone have more info on this?).

I did join the Flying Blue club, which I thought should make the KLM code officially okay for me to use, but then I found a thread somewhere that suggested it technically is not anymore.

And then there are posts suggesting that with Vroom Vroom and KLM codes don't include an extra driver (even if you are an Insider or part of the Emerald Club).

And now that I am thinking about it, I have no idea if E-Z incudes an extra driver (I feel like I saw that it does, but I need to double check).

So, basically, my head is spinning and I have no idea what to do!!

When is the best time to find deals. A month out? Weeks, days?? Or does it just keep jumping all over the map?

When is the best time to find deals. A month out? Weeks, days?? Or does it just keep jumping all over the map?

From my experiences, about a month out is usually prime time for rental car deals. That's not to say something might crop up before or after, but it seems to be when I can find the best rates. Also check for last-minute deals once you get within a day or two of your travel date.

Cree - is there another thread I can read about the problems that some may be experiencing with these programs?

I'm a member of KLM and have reserved a mini van through National. I have another car reserved (another trip) with Vroom.

Is there something I should be aware of with these promo codes?

Thanks for any insight...

Cree - is there another thread I can read about the problems that some may be experiencing with these programs?

QUOTE]

I did some searching here on the DIS the other day for a while and found a whole bunch of posts about issues/eligibility with these codes. Not sure I could find them all right now, but here on the August thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2982862&highlight=august+car+rental

I know it's discussed a bit... You might have to weed through some of it, but I know some of it is discussed on page 29.

The KLM issue is that some people are saying that National and KLM don't seem to be partners anymore (even though the code is still technically working)...

So confused.

I am concerned because klm code does not include all the taxes and surcharges of other rates?

I just need a car for a one day off site trip to Legoland. Any company suggestions? Will be staying at CSR. Thanks!

I am looking for Nov.13-16 my big problem is I'm looking for a one way- from Fort Lauderdale airport-and I want to drop at the Dolphin...... any good one way options out there? It sounds like so far it's pretty early for good rates, and that KLM code sounds risky-
What is the best company for one way rates? thanks

Hi, I used the Visa code AD2338FDF for Alamo and got a rate of $431.79 (dates Nov4-14) 11 days. HOPEFULLY this will go down :goodvibes Then I tried Budget ,used Southwest BCD UO72700 and paperless coupon MUWZ023 ($25 off weekly) price of $424.84. AGAIN not too pleased with the price and hoping I are far enough out to get a better deal.:) With Alamo I was able to put in my SWA rewards # but on Budget I could not figure out where to put the SWA rewards # ?? On the plus side I booked SWA today $104. one way,coming and going. I was able to use all points for my DH and for one leg of my trip.:cool1: So paid OOP $111.50. :-)cheer2:) total cost of airfare. Joan

I just need a car for a one day off site trip too

Me too. I have no idea what I'm doing - let me know if you figure anything out :flower3:. I think it would be best to pick it up at Dolphin. I believe they carry National and Alamo? Thanks for any info. :wave2:

Me too. I have no idea what I'm doing - let me know if you figure anything out :flower3:. I think it would be best to pick it up at Dolphin. I believe they carry National and Alamo? Thanks for any info. :wave2:

Us too!! I think it's 34+ at Alamo or National if you purchase from Costco. That's all we got so far!

Just rented an intermediate from Budget for $226.00 using the Costco Travel website (if you're a member). Nov 17th - 25th, 8 days.

I know it will come down some more but wanted to have something reasonable booked just in case I run out of time to check later.

I'm looking for the exact same dates ... was the $226 including tax? All we need is seating for 5 (and not for long, there'll only be 3 of us going to/from airport, only time we'll have 5 is to/from Universal since the other couple is taking ME) so we could even go with a compact/midsize. I'll have to look at Costco again the one time I checked it was running $325+ at all the vendors.

I've got from the 21-25th reserved with Dollar City Special atm for $170 including taxes and fees since those are the days we need at car to go to Universal and launch from AKV, but would love to have a car for the entire trip if possible.

Hope something cheaper comes up soonish. We really prefer the convenience of a car ...

Hi, Check out BUDGET,WENDIE's Deal. I just got an SUV for 11 days $347.:cool1: A car would have been priced better but DH likes an SUV :rolleyes: Joan

Just got what I feel is a good deal this far out at Alamo. We're flying into TPA Dates Nov 8-17 (9 days) for a fullsize using Alamo Insiders and code AD2338FDF. Rate is $206ish. Hope it goes down more, but I feel good for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter