November 2013 - Car Rental Rates/Codes

Good morning to all! For those whom have rented cars before, what "extras" have you added on after you secured your price and made your car selection?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

I just booked through the Costco website and booked Alamo for Nov 7-16th mid size SUV for 348$

It looks like they don't have anything similar to Nationals Emerald club, just online check in?

I will be traveling just me and my son with special needs who uses a wheelchair.
I'm going to have to get a porter to take the luggage.

What is everyone's experience I read through mousesavers and it didn't say specifically if you go straight to the isle to pick up your car.

Any help would be great, I thought it was a decent rate after plugging in every code/coupon for national but I may have to suck it up and pay national's rates

Thanks for any help

I just booked through the Costco website

I didn't know we could book through a Costco website! Told you I had no idea what I am doing! The price was still the same as Alamo when I checked though. I'll keep trying. Thanks...:)

Thanks for the thread! Still a bit early for the sweet spot on rentals. I usually can score a full size for about 200 for 10 days.

As we get closer deals will be better. Look for the best deals the next month or so.

Subscribing!

I am looking for Nov.13-16 my big problem is I'm looking for a one way- from Fort Lauderdale airport-and I want to drop at the Dolphin...... any good one way options out there? It sounds like so far it's pretty early for good rates, and that KLM code sounds risky-
What is the best company for one way rates? thanks

Have read that budget is the best for one way rentals- and have rented from there to drive to Port. Not sure if there is a Budget location at Dolphin, but mayb elsewhere on or near property?

Budget has some great pricing right off their home page.

$17 per day for compact + taxes and fees
$22 per day for small SUV + taxes and fees

I just booked 9 days SUV for Nov. Final price was $238

Thanks for the budget tip! I had three days booked for a mini SUV for 170 and this rate lowered it to 100, I had to change the hours of the rental to get the low rate oddly. Hoping the rate will stick when I go to pick it up 2 hours early! I will keep my current as a backup in case then cancel it if things work out!

Hi everyone, first post. I've been visiting Disney World since I was a child and now that I have a child of my own we've been visiting quite a bit. I've probably been 30+ times in total.

Anyways, I wanted to share for those going this November I just got a very good rate at Alamo this morning.

Signing in under the Alamo Insiders and using code AD2338FDF I scored a full size for 14 days (November 13 - 27) for $282 total with all taxes/surcharges etc. Of course small sized vehicles were even less!

Back in April I got Alamo for 8 days full size for $152 which I thought was amazing and this one is almost as good, so just wanted to pass it along. I've been keeping track for weeks now and this so far is the best price I have received during my dates. I prefer Alamo to other companies simply because I can pick whichever car I like in the isle. It's nice never getting the same model twice, even visiting 2 & 3 times a year.

Hi everyone, first post. I've been visiting Disney World since I was a child and now that I have a child of my own we've been visiting quite a bit. I've probably been 30+ times in total.

Anyways, I wanted to share for those going this November I just got a very good rate at Alamo this morning.

Signing in under the Alamo Insiders and using code AD2338FDF I scored a full size for 14 days (November 13 - 27) for $282 total with all taxes/surcharges etc.

Back in April I got Alamo for 8 days for $152 which I thought was amazing and this one is almost as good, so just wanted to pass it along. I've been keeping track for weeks now and this so far is the best price I have received during my dates. I prefer Alamo to other companies simply because I can pick whichever car I like in the isle. It's nice never getting the same model twice, even visiting 2 and even 3 times a year.

Thanks you just saved me $90

Signing in under the Alamo Insiders and using code AD2338FDF I scored a full size for 14 days (November 13 - 27) for $282 total with all taxes/surcharges etc. Of course small sized vehicles were even less!

Back in April I got Alamo for 8 days full size for $152 which I thought was amazing and this one is almost as good, so just wanted to pass it along. I've been keeping track for weeks now and this so far is the best price I have received during my dates. I prefer Alamo to other companies simply because I can pick whichever car I like in the isle. It's nice never getting the same model twice, even visiting 2 & 3 times a year.

Wow, I just tried it and it gave me a price of over $1,000 for 14 days!!!!!!! lol Had to do a double take!!!!!!!

Wow, I just tried it and it gave me a price of over $1,000 for 14 days!!!!!!! lol Had to do a double take!!!!!!!

Wow, I just tried it again and it is still showing me $237 for an economy up to $282 for the full size. Maybe it's the time you are using, that sometimes affects car rental pricing. Though I tried mine from 8am thru 11am and it gave me the same price irregardless. Also, maybe you weren't logged in as an 'Alamo Insider"? Just thinking of what caused it to be so high...

Thanks you just saved me $90

Glad I could help! Not bad for my first post, eh? lol

Wow, I just tried it again and it is still showing me $237 for an economy up to $282 for the full size. Maybe it's the time you are using, that sometimes affects car rental pricing. Though I tried mine from 8am thru 11am and it gave me the same price irregardless.

Yes, very true. Could also be your location. I'm coming from NJ, picking up 8am, beginning of Thanksgiving week.

Wow, I just tried it again and it is still showing me $237 for an economy up to $282 for the full size. Maybe it's the time you are using, that sometimes affects car rental pricing. Though I tried mine from 8am thru 11am and it gave me the same price irregardless. Also, maybe you weren't logged in as an 'Alamo Insider"? Just thinking of what caused it to be so high...

Great first post !! We have been checking like crazy and this us by far the best price we have found so far!!! Also really kind Alamo and being able to pick your car/van/SUV

Dollar also has city specials right now for $251 for a compact thru $279 for a full size during my dates (Nov 13-27) which are 14 days using no coupons or anything.

But I still like Alamo for the $3 more I spent using the info I gave a few posts above for those reasons.

I should also mention for anyone wanting a convertible, the absolute lowest price i've found i again, Alamo using the Vroom Vroom code found earlier in this thread. It came out to $599 for my dates. Lowest around but still to high for me to justify a convertible.

Also, those off airport rental places may be cheaper by a bit but convenience trumps traveling to those places, for me at least!

Yes, very true. Could also be your location. I'm coming from NJ, picking up 8am, beginning of Thanksgiving week.

Duh, yeah, the dates of p/u could also be affecting it greatly lol. I hope you find a great rate, I'm sure you will checking every day. It takes 5-10 minutes a day but I always score a full size for around $18-$20 a day all taxes and such included if I keep checking before each trip.

Oh, I also leave from NJ (Newark). I live in Staten Island so Newark is so much easier to get to.

Parad0x said:
Duh, yeah, the dates of p/u could also be affecting it greatly lol. I hope you find a great rate, I'm sure you will checking every day. It takes 5-10 minutes a day but I always score a full size for around $18-$20 a day all taxes and such included if I keep checking before each trip.

Oh, I also leave from NJ (Newark). I live in Staten Island so Newark is so much easier to get to.

This is by far the most expensive rate for my days, by about $500+ dollars compared to other companies. Maybe I did something wrong, but I will try again.

This is by far the most expensive rate for my days, by about $500+ dollars compared to other companies. Maybe I did something wrong, but I will try again.

Hmm, I just tried the dates of 11/24/13 to 12/1/13 and for a full size it shows me $260.

I also tried 11/23 - 11/30 and 11/25 - 12/2 and the rate remains the same as above. The times I am using is 10:30am p/u and 5am return.

If you don't mind, what are the dates you're trying, I'll put them in and see what I get.

Hmm, I just tried the dates of 11/24/13 to 12/1/13 and for a full size it shows me $260.

I also tried 11/23 - 11/30 and 11/25 - 12/2 and the rate remains the same as above. The times I am using is 10:30am p/u and 5am return.

If you don't mind, what are the dates you're trying, I'll put them in and see what I get.

The first time I did it was picking up in Newark. Just tried again, full size, picking up from Iselin, 14 days, and its giving me $681.81.

You did say your price was for 14 days, right?

The prices are for picking up at MCO (Orlando) at least for me the are maybe someone is using Sanford or Tampa or a hotel pickup ( but in Florida)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter