November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Tell me about Ohana's. We have a breakfast ressie there and then a dinner ressie there on a different day. I am curious about dinner. Im kind of excited about this 'hard to get' ADR at 7pm....but am wondering about the food?

To stem off my other post about Ohana, is anyone even slightly excited about any 'hard to get' ADR's that you were able to score? I kind of feel like I 'won' some sort of race.... does that sound crazy? I am really excited about my pre RD TH ressie, CRT, BOG and Le Cellier. Kind of getting excited about Ohana's

Tell me about Ohana's. We have a breakfast ressie there and then a dinner ressie there on a different day. I am curious about dinner. Im kind of excited about this 'hard to get' ADR at 7pm....but am wondering about the food?

To stem off my other post about Ohana, is anyone even slightly excited about any 'hard to get' ADR's that you were able to score? I kind of feel like I 'won' some sort of race.... does that sound crazy? I am really excited about my pre RD TH ressie, CRT, BOG and Le Cellier. Kind of getting excited about Ohana's

I have yet to try 'Ohanas but would love to since everything on the menu appeals to my tastes but then I love Chinese type food the pot stickers, broccoli, noodles etc whereas Bob would only touch the meats. This is why I have yet to go there. He did not care for the Aloha dinner at all.

I have yet to try 'Ohanas but would love to since everything on the menu appeals to my tastes but then I love Chinese type food the pot stickers, broccoli, noodles etc whereas Bob would only touch the meats. This is why I have yet to go there. He did not care for the Aloha dinner at all.

My DH(Jim) doesnt really like Chinese food either BUT you know what? He loves meat! He hates Broccoli but everything else on this trip is for everyone else. I have 2 restaraunts, Ohan and Crystal Palace! LOL I think he can suffer through Ohanas atleast 1x:thumbsup2

I got Cindy's Royal Table at 8:10 on a Saturday (pre-rope drop)... it was the first ressie I booked at 6a online at exactly 180 days out! From what I've seen, that's a pretty tough one to get. We also have a pre-rope drop Tusker House and pre-rope drop Akershus -- not sure if they are "hard to get" though.

When the girls are older I want to try some of the more swanky places, but I'll have to deal with Cindy, Chef Mickey and O'hana breakfast until then...:)

Well, since you asked... ;)

I'm probably the only DISer who doesn't feel the 'Ohana love! We had a 6 pm reservation & barely got out in time to view the 10 pm wishes from the Poly beach. The wait was long, service was TERRIBLE, the food wasn't great & we never got seconds on anything. The meat was so dry my friend got choked and spent a really long time in the bathroom trying to recover... The entertainment was loud (there was a speaker over our table). We made the best of it and played along - hula and all, but we will never even consider going back!!!

In the past we have been HUGE Le Cellier fans - and, honestly I still am! But, sadly my family doesn't want to go back there either. I think we over did it. We always ate there 2 times each trip, and now they don't want to go back. :sad: The filet is amazing! You'll LOVE it!!!

The other two don't really interest us... my boy would KILL me if I made them eat at the castle, and the menu at BOG doesn't sound like something we'd enjoy - BUT, I'm planning to try the CS for lunch. :)

But you know what the funny thing is...
When making my ADRs I still searched them all just to see if I could get a reservation!!!! :lmao: I was so excited when times came up, but sad when I just had to click off of it without making the ADR... :crazy:

Forgot to share here! I bought these about 2 weeks ago for our trip!
001-3.jpg

Super deal!!! I did go back and buy the middle size so I have a full set:thumbsup2

I got Cindy's Royal Table at 8:10 on a Saturday (pre-rope drop)... it was the first ressie I booked at 6a online at exactly 180 days out! From what I've seen, that's a pretty tough one to get. We also have a pre-rope drop Tusker House and pre-rope drop Akershus -- not sure if they are "hard to get" though.

When the girls are older I want to try some of the more swanky places, but I'll have to deal with Cindy, Chef Mickey and O'hana breakfast until then...:)

I know the pre RD ones at TH are hard but not sure about akershus. WOW! YOu are lucky to score a pre rd CRT :worship: :banana:

Well, since you asked... ;)

I'm probably the only DISer who doesn't feel the 'Ohana love! We had a 6 pm reservation & barely got out in time to view the 10 pm wishes from the Poly beach. The wait was long, service was TERRIBLE, the food wasn't great & we never got seconds on anything. The meat was so dry my friend got choked and spent a really long time in the bathroom trying to recover... The entertainment was loud (there was a speaker over our table). We made the best of it and played along - hula and all, but we will never even consider going back!!!

In the past we have been HUGE Le Cellier fans - and, honestly I still am! But, sadly my family doesn't want to go back there either. I think we over did it. We always ate there 2 times each trip, and now they don't want to go back. :sad: The filet is amazing! You'll LOVE it!!!

The other two don't really interest us... my boy would KILL me if I made them eat at the castle, and the menu at BOG doesn't sound like something we'd enjoy - BUT, I'm planning to try the CS for lunch. :)

But you know what the funny thing is...
When making my ADRs I still searched them all just to see if I could get a reservation!!!! :lmao: I was so excited when times came up, but sad when I just had to click off of it without making the ADR... :crazy:

Sorry you had such a bad time. This will most likely be our only visit to Le Cellier unless we love it. 2 TS credits for lunch is alot but it may be worth it if they keep it on as a Candlelight processional next year

mommyof3princess27 said:
Sorry you had such a bad time. This will most likely be our only visit to Le Cellier unless we love it. 2 TS credits for lunch is alot but it may be worth it if they keep it on as a Candlelight processional next year
I wanted to give '0 a second chance because everyone here loves it so much, but the experience was so wretched that the fam. won't even consider it! :(

I hope you love LeC! We always did...
That CLP package was the HARDEST to pass up! It was available, but I just couldn't get them to go for it. So, our 2 credits are going to Teppan Edo - their very most favorite in the World! :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Just wanted to add to the Universal discussion. If you can't afford to stay at a Universal hotel but you'd like to get in an hour early with the hotel guest, you can book a package with a Universal Hotel Partner. You don't get fotl access but you get in a hour early. Thats what we're doing!

Not doing Disney this year, BUT doing it November 2013. Is there a November 2013 forum anywhere? Happy planning to all!

Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me joining here...we just got back from a late August trip and after going many time this time of year, we are ready for a break from the heat and have always dreamed of going to Disey with all the Christmas decorations up...soooo...we are hoping to go Te week after Thanksgiving in 2013...IF free dining is offered...praying! I hope some of youw do trip reports when you get back...would love to follow along. I do have a question....so this year they didn't offer FD for Nov. till July. So for those of you counting on FD, did you wIt till July to book your flights? I'd like to book them sooner as they are usualy cheaper, but don't want to count on FD. Hmmm...would live to hear your thoughts!

:welcome: It's always exciting to have the next trip to look forward to. You will love being there when all the Christmas decorations are up!:thumbsup2

I always book my flights as soon as the fare is to my liking. This year it was well before the FD was announced. If FD had not come out, we would have just done mostly QS meals and a just a couple of TS. It's just DH and I, so it's no big deal. Last September we took the 40% AP discount and stayed at WL and we did purchase the dining plan since we didn't have to buy tickets and our DS was with us (adult) and we wanted to eat TS every day. What ever makes the numbers work is what we do. Good luck!:goodvibes

I would love to join in on the fun! We are going Nov. 10th-17th! We are taking a leap of faith and staying at AoA LM rooms! Never stayed value before so were a little nervous. I'm more excited about just being there! This is our 4th trip. We are bringing another family and hoping they'll love going during the holidays as much as we do!

We are planning on doing the mvmcp and keys to the world. We have adr's at le celliar, sci-fi diner, chef Mickey, mickey's backyard BBQ, and tucker house. Hope to see my fellow disers there! :cool1:

:welcome: I think you'll enjoy the LM rooms at AoA. We don't stay at values as a rule either, but we initially booked there just to check it out. I've heard their food court is amazing! Sounds like you have some great ADRs planned!::yes::

Hey ladies - out of curiosity, why is the dining plan such a deal breaker? Why not just eat offsite? Do they usually offer free dining every year?

They have offered FD every year for quite some time. We've been doing it since it began. For us it is not a deal breaker, but then it's just DH and I. We use a room only discount if that works out better. We do like to have one or the other perk, but it isn't mandatory. ;)

I wish I could tell you about Ohana's, but have never eaten there. :confused3

The hard to get ressies I'm most looking forward to are BOG and the CP for Le Cellier. We always eat at Le Cellier, but now that it will be two dining credits for lunch, we may be skipping it in the future. DH says he still will want to eat there, but I'm not big on using two credits on ANY restaurant since we just do the regular dining.

Please add us to this thread. We will be there Nov.23-30 at CSR. MVMCP on Nov.27 and Candlelight Processional w/ NPH on Nov.29(for my birthday)5:00. Here's a list of our ADRs
Nov.23 Whispering Canyon 7:20pm
Nov.24 50's Prime Time 12:35pm
Nov.25 Akerhause 8:00pm
Nov.26 O'hana 10:30am
Nov.27 Quick service
Nov.28 Crystal Palace 3:20pm
Nov.29 Rose and Crown 7:45pm Illuminations
Nov.30 T Rex 12:00pm

Please add us to this thread. We will be there Nov.23-30 at CSR. MVMCP on Nov.27 and Candlelight Processional w/ NPH on Nov.29(for my birthday)5:00. Here's a list of our ADRs
Nov.23 Whispering Canyon 7:20pm
Nov.24 50's Prime Time 12:35pm
Nov.25 Akerhause 8:00pm
Nov.26 O'hana 10:30am
Nov.27 Quick service
Nov.28 Crystal Palace 3:20pm
Nov.29 Rose and Crown 7:45pm Illuminations
Nov.30 T Rex 12:00pm

add you in a few! :thumbsup2

So I turn the big 3-0 in January (dun, dun. duuuuuuun!) and I was hoping to spend the last few days of my 20's eating & drinking my face off in various Parisian cafes. Life, however, had different plans! So, H will not be taking me on my much anticipated trip to Paris in January :( -- but he did say that we can go as a family during the girls Spring break next year (so April 2014)!

Of course I am already setting 3 days/2 nights aside for Disneyland Paris. A pink castle?! Yes, please!

I know there are threads on the Dis dedicated to DLP, but I was wondering if anyone here has been?

Hey everyone! I haven't posted much lately. I just got back last week from a 2 week trip overseas for my Dsis's wedding and this last week has been crazy busy with DS11 starting middle school last Tuesday and DS4 starting pre-K today.

Anyway, I thought you guys would appreciate this as much as I did. When DS4 was asked today about his favorite things, one of things he answered was "going to Disney". I love that answer!

We only have 52 days till our trip and I really need to kick things into high gear and start finalizing plans.

I wanted to give '0 a second chance because everyone here loves it so much, but the experience was so wretched that the fam. won't even consider it! :(

I hope you love LeC! We always did...
That CLP package was the HARDEST to pass up! It was available, but I just couldn't get them to go for it. So, our 2 credits are going to Teppan Edo - their very most favorite in the World! :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

I agree with you on Ohana. Last year I was so excited to be eating at the hardest place to get into and boy were we all so disappointed that I think we were in and out within 45 minutes. We agreed never again! But so many people absolutely love it!

I'm glad you enjoy TE as we will be trying it this Nov.

:cool1: we leave in 64 days, :drive: checking in at Disney in 65 days :cool1:

Our trip is from November 15-22nd at Coronado Springs..... please add us :crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter