Not sure if I should pay OOP for CRT

sejeta

Mouseketeer
I'm going dec 12-20. I'm also on the DDP. I was thinking of paying OOP for CRT breakfast and using dining credits for sci-fi and tusker house lunch, or should I use the 2 credits for CRT and Pay OOP for the other two. I might even skip both.
SO confused:confused3 I've done park fare last time so I don't want to do that again and I'm also going to the Norway character meal but I wanted to eat in the castle and I figure how bad can the food be at breakfast, plus its cheaper!

I need help:lmao:

We did this on our trip; we used 2TS credits each for two character breakfasts and then booked two more reasonably priced places to pay OOP.

I do look at allears.net for prices - and pay oop for some of the 2TS - at $40 a day for DDP I think a TS place should be at least $20 - so for a 2TS you want a value of at least $40

hey, its all just Disney Math!! :thumbsup2

According to All Ears, Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast is currently $47.23, which includes tax and gratuity. It will probably be $4-$6 more per person when you go since you will be going during the time when "Holiday Gouging" is in effect. So, I would probably use $52 as your price basis for comparison. Strip out the tax and gratuity (6.5 % and 18%) and you get a a pre-tax/gratuity value of about $40. Tusker House is $25 for lunch and $33 for dinner (Holiday Pricing) so that would leave you $7-$15 to spend at Sci-Fi.

So ... IF you were going to all three restaurants anyway, I would pay OOP for the adults at CRT and use the TS credits for the other restaurants.

Now ... the kids might be a bit trickier. Breakfast for kids at CRT is $31 now and would be about $35 (Holiday Pricing), which is $26 pre tax. Tusker House is about $15, which leaves $11 for Sci Fi. Kids meals are $7.50 at Sci-Fi, so it would be better to use credits for the kids and pay OOP at Tusker House and Sci-Fi :).

According to All Ears, Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast is currently $47.23, which includes tax and gratuity. It will probably be $4-$6 more per person when you go since you will be going during the time when "Holiday Gouging" is in effect. So, I would probably use $52 as your price basis for comparison. Strip out the tax and gratuity (6.5 % and 18%) and you get a a pre-tax/gratuity value of about $40. Tusker House is $25 for lunch and $33 for dinner (Holiday Pricing) so that would leave you $7-$15 to spend at Sci-Fi.

So ... IF you were going to all three restaurants anyway, I would pay OOP for the adults at CRT and use the TS credits for the other restaurants.

Now ... the kids might be a bit trickier. Breakfast for kids at CRT is $31 now and would be about $35 (Holiday Pricing), which is $26 pre tax. Tusker House is about $15, which leaves $11 for Sci Fi. Kids meals are $7.50 at Sci-Fi, so it would be better to use credits for the kids and pay OOP at Tusker House and Sci-Fi :).

Can you crunch some numbers for me?!? Just the thought of trying myself is giving me a headache...

Dinner at Jiko's, lunch akershus, dinner le chefs, breakfast at donald's safari with 3 ts credits for 8 people, which should we pay OOP?

We decided to pay OOP for CRT breakfast because it didn't seem expensive enough to us to spend 2 TS credits on it. We are doing a grand gathering dinner at Epcot which is either $60 per person OOP or 2 TS, so that seemed much more worth the 2TS than CRT, know what I mean?

Can you crunch some numbers for me?!? Just the thought of trying myself is giving me a headache...

Dinner at Jiko's, lunch akershus, dinner le chefs, breakfast at donald's safari with 3 ts credits for 8 people, which should we pay OOP?
It's really not that hard ... just look up the menus at All Ears and use this web page: http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW Dining/2009/DisneyDiningRanking2009.htm for averages prices at WDW restaurants.

Jiko's Dinner: 2 Credits @ $23.06 average per credit
Akershus Lunch: 1 credit @ $31.00
Chefs Le France: 1 credit @ $38.77 average
Donald's Safari Breakfast: 1 credit @ $20.23

I would pay OOP for Jiko's.

Thanks so much! I was never good at math. LOL

Can you do that? OOP for the adults and DP for the kids? I suppose you could but I would have never thought of that.
Thanks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter