Not really impressed with Sanaa

FoxwithEars

Mouseketeer
After reading lots of great reviews of this restaurant I decided to give it a go but wasn't really impressed with the food. Got the choice to pick two meats with rice. Rice was average and the meats were just okay.. portions were small as well

After reading lots of great reviews of this restaurant I decided to give it a go but wasn't really impressed with the food. Got the choice to pick two meats with rice. Rice was average and the meats were just okay.. portions were small as well

Uh oh...

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, thankfully you are close enough to Mara, Jiko and/or Boma or anywhere else in Disney for that matter to choose a restaurant suited to your taste.

When in Kidani we always have a meal there. I loved Jiko for many years but now its Sanaa! We do heavy appetizers, we love the tomato soup with cheese. We get the trio of salads, our faves, roasted beet salad (love beets) , watermelon,& fennel & the b (?) piri (funky but tasty) And if we're in the 6 to 8 travelling party we need two if not 3 of the bread services! Followed by garlic shrimp... after that and a glass of wine or two, I don't really need anything else, I'm full up!

My son is the rice lover ( sticky rice) and paired with the short ribs, he's a happy camper! His best friend has had the tandoori chicken many times and loves it!

To each his own!

Bummed that you didn't enjoy your meal. We've only been once but we really liked it a lot!! Maybe it was just a fluke in what you ordered that day...?

That's ok. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of the restaurants that they have tried. Obviously this one wasn't for you.

We have dined here several times and haven't had a bad meal yet. Granted the meals are not as spicy as one would generally find in a good Indian restaurant. But they will turn up the heat if you ask them. We have never finished a meal there and not been full. But it is true that they don't have the awfully over-sized portions that are more typical at many Disney restaurants.

Maybe next time you could try Boma- lots and lots of variety there and you can have as much as you want (and omit the rice).

We did not care for it either. It was an overall bad experience, bad service, bad food, and they made us wait almost an hour past our reservation time.

I felt the same when I ate there for lunch. The bread service was amazing, but I tried the burger and just didn't like the flavor. Then my friend who lives out there made me go again the same day for dinner and it was much better. But your mileage may vary, lol.

:upsidedow DH and I ordered room service from Sanaa and did not care for the different spices...we loved the Naan bread though. We have not ordered from there again and stay at AKV every trip. So I can understand having an off experience. I am just not a spice girl! :rotfl:

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, thankfully you are close enough to Mara, Jiko and/or Boma or anywhere else in Disney for that matter to choose a restaurant suited to your taste.

When in Kidani we always have a meal there. I loved Jiko for many years but now its Sanaa! We do heavy appetizers, we love the tomato soup with cheese. We get the trio of salads, our faves, roasted beet salad (love beets) , watermelon,& fennel & the b (?) piri (funky but tasty) And if we're in the 6 to 8 travelling party we need two if not 3 of the bread services! Followed by garlic shrimp... after that and a glass of wine or two, I don't really need anything else, I'm full up!

My son is the rice lover ( sticky rice) and paired with the short ribs, he's a happy camper! His best friend has had the tandoori chicken many times and loves it!

To each his own!

This is my FAVORITE soup!!!

We really enjoy eating there, and can't wait to head back this year.

Can't wait to have the cake (Orange and sesame kind, just can't remember the name!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter